Pick your 2021 coaching staff

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Then let's draft great players too. 

Nah they’d just fail here anyway or worse succeed and want to get paid. Let’s just keep bringing on JAGs and see what our new miracle coach can do.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Harbaugh. They need someone who changes the culture by walking in the door. 

I'm not sure if Roman/Daboll/Bieniemy can do that. 

I have not watched much of Bieniemy but I've watched several Roman and Daboll interviews.

Great position coaches, nice guys.

Neither of them impress me as communicators, neither strike me as leaders aka head coaches.

You have to be able to inspire professional athletes but you also have to be able to disciple, to be detailed-orientated.  

The consistently good head coaches create a culture of accountability. There is no time off, there is no other life. Belichick was obviously shaped by his Dad's background, his own training in economics and his vast experience across the NFL.  Many of the successful head coaches are salty, focusing on minutia.

We have had a lot of smooth talkers at HC, currently we have a slightly odd man unable to fully inhabit the complete role of head coach.

Harbaugh is clearly a freak, it's time.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

HC/OC: Greg Roman (he’ll call the plays)

Offensive assistant/QB Coach/Assistant HC: Jim Caldwell

DC: Jim Schwartz (I believe he’ll be the scapegoat in Philly)

Special Teams: Honestly have no idea, but I’d be fine with retaining Boyer.

I'd take that staff in a second.

Daboll or Roman as HC (Daboll would be my first choice).

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

HC: Adam Gase
DC: Anthony Lynn
OC: Bill O’Brien
ST: Brant Boyer

Gase gets support from fired head coaches that are really just good coordinators. 

SAR I

That would be a great staff if the goals were 1) Getting the 1st overall pick two years in a row and 2) Selling no tickets next year.

Gase can't do anything to save his job at this point. The fans hate him. The owners love money. The fans aren't spending more money until Gase is gone. 

It is that simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That would be a great staff if the goals were 1) Getting the 1st overall pick two years in a row and 2) Selling no tickets next year.

Gase can't do anything to save his job at this point. The fans hate him. The owners love money. The fans aren't spending more money until Gase is gone. 

It is that simple.

Gase got rid of Macc, maybe ha can make the Johnson's sell the team too. ?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

HC: Adam Gase
DC: Anthony Lynn
OC: Bill O’Brien
ST: Brant Boyer

Gase gets support from fired head coaches that are really just good coordinators. 

SAR I

Disgusting... 

Gase doesn't know how to coach up a team...

Lynn has great defensive players and their team sucks

O'Brien I think has proven that he can't scheme a game for sh*t... the only time Watson performs is when the defense is in prevent dime and runs around on broken plays... similar to Gase... terrible

Boyer is fine but his special teams looks like crap right now

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bill Cowher. Would do for the 2021 Jets what Parcells did for our 1997 Jets. Turn us around in other words. Bill is a football junkie still to this day. 

LOL

Bill Cowher hasn’t roamed an NFL sideline in almost 15 years.

Joe f*cking Gibbs has coached more recently.

It also took him nearly 15 years to win a championship. As if this fan base has even a fraction of that sort of patience, nor should they.