Pick your 2021 coaching staff

22 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

My pick Dabol head coach, DC Matt Patricia. Fell free to add on.

Yikes. Matt Patricia is the defensive version of Gase and the only HEAD COACH i am sure is worse than gase. 

Dabol is good. Patricia is a bum.

• Sympathy 1

I will add a dose of pessimism here. 

I think the Jets are very much constrained by the contracts they have already signed.  They will continue to be constrained, because they will continue to hire HCs and GMs that are mismatched.

My guess is that JD's contract says he reports to the Johnsons.  That will make it hard to hire an HC that wants complete control.  The Jets need a football adult to be in complete control.  So, if had to guess, that leaves the Jets either giving JD complete control or hiring another Coordinator who reports to the Johnsons-i.e. more of the same.  

If I am Trevor Lawrence and the Jets are sporting Daboll, Roman or Bienemy reporting to the Johnsons-I am out.  That is more of the same thing.  

I also think that Gase's contract is why they can't fix the OC and strength/conditioning/training situation.  JD will never look good if the players he acquires are injured and out of shape. 

I think the only solution here is to give JD control over the HC/Football Operations-roll the dice and get the Johnsons out of the way.  Then maybe he can hire an HC that players want to play for.  

HC - Eric Bieniemy or Brian Dabol

OC - Tony Elliot (Clemson OC) 

OL Coach -  Brendan Nugent (Assistant OL coach, NO)

DC - Rex Ryan (Man I miss this guy, match made in heaven)

QBC - Tom House (Baseball guy who has worked with top QBs in NFL, widely respected) or Josh McCown

DBs coach - Darrelle Revis 

LBs coach - Bart Scott or Brent Pry (Penn State DC/LB coach)

ST - Andy Hilly (Assistant ST coach KC)

8 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

DC - Rex Ryan (Man I miss this guy, match made in heaven)

He ran Buffalo's elite defense into the ground his 2 years there.

He wouldn't even be a good DC anymore.  The league has passed him by.  No one wants DT's dropping into coverage, and everyone knows how to combat an overload blitz.

Give me Jim Schwartz, the guy who ACTUALLY had success on the defensive end in Buffalo prior to Rex's arrival (and everywhere else he's been before and since).  

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s not ideal but this is what you’re gonna get next year.

HC: Adam Gase

OC: Bill O’Brien

DC: Greg Williams

You must expect the Jets to have a 6-2 finish again, how else would he survive this season? I don't see it. I think he's gone, and just here to finish the season, if we even finish the season. Once the off-season is upon us expect a new head coach at some point. 

On 10/4/2020 at 7:06 PM, SAR I said:

DC: Anthony Lynn
ST: Brant Boyer

Gase gets support from fired head coaches that are really just good coordinators. 

SAR I

Is your last name Johnson as well? Stop the denial!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You must expect the Jets to have a 6-2 finish again, how else would he survive this season? I don't see it. I think he's gone, and just here to finish the season, if we even finish the season. Once the off-season is upon us expect a new head coach at some point. 

Misery is New York Jets. That’s why

On 10/4/2020 at 11:12 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bill Cowher. Would do for the 2021 Jets what Parcells did for our 1997 Jets. Turn us around in other words. Bill is a football junkie still to this day. 

Screw that.  I want nothing to do with SPITTLE FACE

46 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sar I and Kdel are counting on the Johnson Bros continuing to be really stupid

not a bad bet

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s not ideal but this is what you’re gonna get next year.

DC: Greg Williams

There is no qualified proof out there, but I think Greg Williams is gone.  After this last game, I'm fairly sure a gulf has opened between Williams and Gase.  All third party "inside" info that even Manish would not call a source, but all the personal fouls called on the Jets were blamed on Williams by Gase.  Williams was out for revenge due to Darnold being tossed to the ground.  Gase was not in on the revenge plot and he took exception with Williams.  CJ came down on Gase's side.  Williams was censured by CJ.  

So... You wont be seeing GW next year...

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He ran Buffalo's elite defense into the ground his 2 years there.

He wouldn't even be a good DC anymore.  The league has passed him by.  No one wants DT's dropping into coverage, and everyone knows how to combat an overload blitz.

Give me Jim Schwartz, the guy who ACTUALLY had success on the defensive end in Buffalo prior to Rex's arrival (and everywhere else he's been before and since).  

Elite defense?  You Rex haters act like Buffalo had the ‘85 Bear defense prior to Rex

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

There is no qualified proof out there, but I think Greg Williams is gone.  After this last game, I'm fairly sure a gulf has opened between Williams and Gase.  All third party "inside" info that even Manish would not call a source, but all the personal fouls called on the Jets were blamed on Williams by Gase.  Williams was out for revenge due to Darnold being tossed to the ground.  Gase was not in on the revenge plot and he took exception with Williams.  CJ came down on Gase's side.  Williams was censured by CJ.  

So... You wont be seeing GW next year...

Williams will be the scapegoat.  I think Gase survives to live another year because the Jets currently have the worst ownership in all of sports

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Williams will be the scapegoat.  I think Gase survives to live another year because the Jets currently have the worst ownership in all of sports

As pathetic as that is, I agree with you 100 %.  CJ was duped by Gase and will continue to be a dupe. 

As I have stated before.  We can discuss the roster, the draft, the QB and so on.  All if it is nothing more than rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic. 

As long as Johnson owns the team it is going to be a laughing stock. 

If they go 0-16 and draft Trevor Lawrence, it won't end up being a move that vaults the Jets to the top of the league.  It will result in Trevor Lawrence's career taking a nightmarish downward spiral. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

As pathetic as that is, I agree with you 100 %.  CJ was duped by Gase and will continue to be a dupe. 

As I have stated before.  We can discuss the roster, the draft, the QB and so on.  All if it is nothing more than rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic. 

As long as Johnson owns the team it is going to be a laughing stock. 

If they go 0-16 and draft Trevor Lawrence, it won't end up being a move that vaults the Jets to the top of the league.  It will result in Trevor Lawrence's career taking a nightmarish downward spiral. 

The Johnsons love Gase even more than Hess loved Kotite

And as bad as the jets look Flacco is capable and will ignore Gase’s dumb playcalls, Bell is back, Mims will be back, Jeff Smith looks good — jets are going to win a couple games by accident and Gase will be a hero again to our idiot trust fund baby owners

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And as bad as the jets look Flacco is capable and will ignore Gase’s dumb playcalls, Bell is back, Mims will be back, Jeff Smith looks good — jets are going to win a couple games by accident and Gase will be a hero again to our idiot trust fund baby owners

Agree... Flacco is not an elite QB and that massive contract the Ravens gave him was a "thank you" for the Super Bowl win, but he still knows a lot more offense than that charlatan Gase.  He will quietly run the offense by means of the audible and eek out a few wins.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree... Flacco is not an elite QB and that massive contract the Ravens gave him was a "thank you" for the Super Bowl win, but he still knows a lot more offense than that charlatan Gase.  He will quietly run the offense by means of the audible and eek out a few wins.  

Aikman on TNF was throwing a lot of shade at Gase’s inept horizontal throws

Gase makes Brian Schottenheimer look like a genius

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sar I and Kdel are counting on the Johnson Bros continuing to be really stupid

not a bad bet

No, the sad part is SAR I actually seems to think Gase is a good coach and the Johnson brothers aren't total morons.

But I think CJ gave Gase a guarantee through 2021 when JD told him he had to do a total rebuild. I believe, unfortunately, that Gase will be here next year. And it makes me sick.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And we will lose the #1 pick sweepstakes with garbage wins at the end of the season...

• Upvote 1