Pick your 2021 coaching staff

5 hours ago, viffer said:

And we will lose the #1 pick sweepstakes with garbage wins at the end of the season...

As bad as the jets have been there are other winless teams that also look bad like giants and Texans and as much as the Belichick worshippers think the Patriots are winning the super bowl if Newton is out for significant time those 2 QBs are horrible 

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It’s not ideal but this is what you’re gonna get next year.

HC: Adam Gase

OC: Bill O’Brien

DC: Greg Williams

if this ^ ^  is what we get next year.. we're Lookin' at 2 w's... MAX    :ahhh:

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

On 10/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Harbaugh. They need someone who changes the culture by walking in the door. 

I'm not sure if Roman/Daboll/Bieniemy can do that. They may be doing a good job as an offensive coordinator, but that doesn't mean they'll be good head coaches. In some cases, a really good coordinator can be good enough that their deficiencies as a head coach are balanced out, but I think the Jets really need someone that can hir a good offensive/defensive staff and solid coaches all around and truly command the franchise. 

Harbaugh + Lawrence or bust is how i see it. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, SAR I said:

I believe the majority of PSL holders understand what the Jets are trying to accomplish and how the revolving door of head coaches and GM's has to stop.  Most of us have been asking for this very scenario and are smart enough to know that you can't give Gase and Douglas 1 draft and 1.25 years to turn around the hideous damage done to the roster and front office in a decade of Idzik/Maccagnan catastrophes.  And there are only around 18,000 of us writing checks to the Jets each year.  We are a small and important minority of the fanbase, we're not the.....

......average knee-jerk fan chomping pretzels in his basement.  The guy who listens to sports talk radio and hot takes on Twitter and repeats them like a parrot.  The guy that buys counterfeit Chinese jerseys on eBay, the guy that can't be bothered to go to the stadium unless it's free.  That guy doesn't matter, doesn't pay the bills.  TV revenue is split equally among teams, the Jets ratings doesn't cost the team a dime and is to be expected when tearing the whole thing down and starting over again, what WJ and CJ are committed to.

The injured players will return to the offense, we will look decent, and that will quiet the impatient horde.  Or the injured players will return to the offense, it will be clear that Darnold is the problem, and that too will quiet the anti-Gase brigade.  Either way, I don't see the Johnson's getting rid of a head coach crippled by a terrible roster crippled by injuries just because the fans want him to.  Those days are over.  That's exactly the revolving door hamster wheel that PSL owners and team management are trying to get away from.

SAR I

Maybe this makes sense in Russian.  (Doubt it!)  It certainly makes no sense in English!

Это был бы отличный персонал, если бы цели были: 1) получить 1-е место в общем рейтинге два года подряд и 2) не продавать билеты в следующем году.

На данный момент Гейс ничего не может сделать, чтобы спасти свою работу. Поклонники его ненавидят. Хозяева любят деньги. Поклонники не тратят больше денег, пока Гейс не уйдет.

Это так просто.

Я считаю, что большинство обладателей PSL понимают, чего пытаются достичь Джетс и как остановить вращающуюся дверь главных тренеров и генеральных менеджеров. Большинство из нас просили именно этот сценарий и достаточно умны, чтобы знать, что вы не можете дать Гасу и Дугласу 1 черновик и 1,25 года, чтобы исправить ужасный урон, нанесенный составу и фронт-офису за десятилетие Идзика / Макканьяна. катастрофы. И только около 18000 из нас выписывают чеки Jets каждый год. Мы - небольшое и важное меньшинство фанатов, мы не ...

...... средний фанат коленного толчка, жующий крендели в своем подвале. Парень, который слушает спортивные разговоры по радио и горячие новости в Твиттере, повторяет их, как попугай. Парень, который покупает поддельные китайские футболки на eBay, парень, которого не побеспокоит, чтобы пойти на стадион, если он не бесплатный. Этот парень не имеет значения, он не платит по счетам. Выручка от телевидения распределяется между командами поровну, рейтинги Jets не стоят команде ни копейки, и этого следует ожидать, когда все рушится и начинается заново, к чему стремятся WJ и CJ.

Травмированные игроки вернутся в атаку, мы будем выглядеть достойно, и это успокоит нетерпеливую орду. Или травмированные игроки вернутся к атаке, тогда станет ясно, что проблема в Дарнольде, и это тоже успокоит бригаду противников газа. В любом случае, я не вижу, чтобы «Джонсон» избавился от главного тренера, которого искалечил ужасный состав, искалеченный травмами, только потому, что фанаты этого хотят. Те дни прошли. Это именно то колесо хомяка с вращающейся дверцей, от которого владельцы PSL и руководство команды пытаются уйти.

SORE I

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

HC Jim Harbaugh 

OC Doug Pederson 

DC Chuck Pagano

ST Chris Partridge

OL Bill Callahan 

We could of had Callahan, but Gase and Douglas chose to keep the stiff who is currently

coaching our OL for the wonderful job he is doing

I really like @Mogglez's staff, but I want to do something different

VP - Mike Shanahan - Ownership needs a football guy higher up the food chain

HC - Dave Toub - KC's special teams coach and assistant HC. Jets need a guy that coaches the whole team, not just one side of the team. 

OC - Mike Kafka - KC's QB coach that had a hand inturning Mahomes from a raw but exciting QB prospect to what we see now. Whether its Darnold or Lawrence next year, Kafka is the guy we want working with him. 

DC - Jim Schwartz - He coaches Fletcher Cox now, he will know what to do with Quinnen and allow the team to switch to a predominant 4-3 look, which the Jets should have switched to a few years ago. 

ST - Keep Boyer.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, SAR I said:

I believe the majority of PSL holders understand what the Jets are trying to accomplish and how the revolving door of head coaches and GM's has to stop.  Most of us have been asking for this very scenario and are smart enough to know that you can't give Gase and Douglas 1 draft and 1.25 years to turn around the hideous damage done to the roster and front office in a decade of Idzik/Maccagnan catastrophes.  And there are only around 18,000 of us writing checks to the Jets each year.  We are a small and important minority of the fanbase, we're not the.....

......average knee-jerk fan chomping pretzels in his basement.  The guy who listens to sports talk radio and hot takes on Twitter and repeats them like a parrot.  The guy that buys counterfeit Chinese jerseys on eBay, the guy that can't be bothered to go to the stadium unless it's free.  That guy doesn't matter, doesn't pay the bills.  TV revenue is split equally among teams, the Jets ratings doesn't cost the team a dime and is to be expected when tearing the whole thing down and starting over again, what WJ and CJ are committed to.

The injured players will return to the offense, we will look decent, and that will quiet the impatient horde.  Or the injured players will return to the offense, it will be clear that Darnold is the problem, and that too will quiet the anti-Gase brigade.  Either way, I don't see the Johnson's getting rid of a head coach crippled by a terrible roster crippled by injuries just because the fans want him to.  Those days are over.  That's exactly the revolving door hamster wheel that PSL owners and team management are trying to get away from.

SAR I

See, this is the trolling sh*t I can’t stand. Insulting other people with this holier than thou, attitude. You of all people shouldn’t insult anyone and you know exactly why I’m saying that :).

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:20 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

He ran Buffalo's elite defense into the ground his 2 years there.

He wouldn't even be a good DC anymore.  The league has passed him by.  No one wants DT's dropping into coverage, and everyone knows how to combat an overload blitz.

Give me Jim Schwartz, the guy who ACTUALLY had success on the defensive end in Buffalo prior to Rex's arrival (and everywhere else he's been before and since).  

Well if I'm not going Rex, then I'd go with someone from this list.

1. Wade Phillips (shocked rams didn't extend him)

2. Marvin Lewis (former bengals HC, dominant DC for ravens in late 90s/early 2000s currently assisting herm edwards at ariz state... heard he wants to come back to nfl)

3. Jim Leonhard (former Jet, current Wisconsin DC - they been very solid since he took over)

4. Take a look at 49ers position coaches... DL or LBs coach 

On 10/7/2020 at 9:18 AM, predator_05 said:

Not elite, but #4 in the league, yards and points allowed. 

Buffalo also scored 40 in both games against Rex's Jets that year, lol

Yeah because Geno Smith was constantly turning the ball over giving the Bills the ball on the Jets 20