The most important poll question

slimjasi

The most important poll question  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will earn the top pick in the 2021 NFL Draft?

• New York Jets
    • New York Giants
    • Houston Texans
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • Detroit Lions
    • Denver Broncos
    • San Diego Chargers
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Los Angeles Chargers
    • Other

I can’t see any of these teams losing more than Jets. We look ABYSMAL right now. The type of historically bad that hangs around a franchise for a few years like a fart in a sauna.

That said I am a Jets fan so I’m afraid we’ll get screwed somehow. Maybe Lawrence tells us to eff off or NFL cancels rest of season and makes some kind of lottery system to set draft order and we get hosed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

I can’t see any of these teams losing more than Jets. We look ABYSMAL right now. The type of historically bad that hangs around a franchise for a few years like a fart in a steamy shower.

That said I am a Jets fan so I’m afraid we’ll get screwed somehow. Maybe Lawrence tells us to eff off or NFL cancels rest of season and makes some kind of lottery system to set draft order and we get hosed. 

My gut tells me that we are worse than all of these teams but will somehow be picking between 6th and 8th

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Giants. The Jets will screw it up or the NFL will intervene and call a lottery if the season is cut short.

Not sure why the Texans are on the poll - They traded their pick to Miami.

Ahh, forgot. Sorry about that. 

I was trying to be thorough and add every team with a bad record. 

If we play all 16 games, the Jets will get the first pick. I have no doubt we are the worst team in the league. Not firing Gase ensures this team is going 1-9 or 0-10 into the bye, and by then the team will have quit completely. 

Whether Trevor stays in school or we trade the pick for a haul is another matter altogether...

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Who's going to get the #1 pick?  ANYONE but the Jets.  Flacco and Gore gonna join forces and get the team just enough wins at the end to knock the Jets out of the top 3 picks. We all know this is our 2020 fate. 

Why would we expect Flacco to win any games?

And Gore has been the feature back for most of this 0-4 mess. 

13 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Giants. The Jets will screw it up or the NFL will intervene and call a lottery if the season is cut short.

Not sure why the Texans are on the poll - They traded their pick to Miami.

Boom! Exactly.

1) Gmen: There is no way we can win a tie break (SOS) given the AFC East vs NFC East so it’s advantage Giants. They are terrible too

2) Covid / NFL: Beware a shortened season which leads to a lotto which we will not win 

right now it's hard to rule out the jets getting the number 1 pick.  but this is a double edged sword of some kind.  if they do finish with above 6 or so wins then gase will probably remain as hc.  this team does nothing right at the moment  but there's always a chance that they get their collective act together.  a 1-15 finish means there is no improvement and i can see gase being replaced.

• Post of the Week 1

WEEK 5 vs. Arizona Cardinals
WEEK 6 at Los Angeles Chargers
WEEK 7 vs. Buffalo Bills
WEEK 8 at Kansas City Chiefs
WEEK 9 vs. New England Patriots (Monday)
WEEK 10 at Miami Dolphins
WEEK 11 Bye
WEEK 12 vs. Miami Dolphins
WEEK 13 vs. Las Vegas Raiders
WEEK 14 at Seattle Seahawks
WEEK 15 at Los Angeles Rams
WEEK 16 vs. Cleveland Browns
WEEK 17 at New England Patriots

Looks like 2-14 or worse to me. The shell of Joe Flacco won't change matters

I thought for sure we'd beat Denver, because that's what the Jets do.

After losing, I can't help but buy in that the # 1 pick is not only possible, it's likely.  The remaining schedule is brutal.

Even when we play teams who rest their starters, we might still find a way to lose those game(s).  This team is that bad. 

Having said all that, something will happen to ruin it, because Jets.  Especially now that I'm a believer in getting # 1.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought for sure we'd beat Denver, because that's what the Jets do.

After losing, I can't help but buy in that the # 1 pick is not only possible, it's likely.  

As one of the most vocal detractors of Gase since even before he was hired, I can only hope against hope that the johnsons retain him through the end of the year. Which, of course, means they won't and the Jets will cash in a few meaningless wins to move out of the top 2. 

This year I truly believe we are destined for the 1st pick. I usually always roll my eyes when people start talking about it this early, and we never end up being quite that bad. But this year really feels like it.

We aren't competitive and our schedule is brutal. Outside of possibly splitting with Miami, where are the wins coming from? 

Us or the Giants.

I think their defense is good enough to win some games (plus that division is putrid) but Jones and that offense look like they might be worse than ours. They have three offensive touchdowns in four games.

My guess is still us, though. It's really hard to look at our schedule and find wins. With the way the Browns and Chargers looked yesterday I'm feeling worse about those games.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Miami looks like they may be picking twice in the top 10. 

What a horrendous trade for Houston. Tunsil is good but Miami might be on the verge of drafting Sewell with ONE of those picks and I think he'll be better.

At least we have lots of picks. Texans are 0-4, the highest salaried roster in the league and no first or second round pick next year.

• Upvote 1