Jordan Palmer would take Sam over Trevor Lawrence

GreekJet

The Palmer brothers are the real life "TWINS". Carson's Arnold. Jordan (I legit had to scroll back up to see his first name) is Danny Devito.. aka "the sh*t leftover". I'd call Jordan a troll, but realistically he is more of a moron than anything. Hack QB who someone made a living into tricking young quarterbacks to come to his camp. lol. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

A more interesting question would be, does palmer prefer darnold to allen, given that he’s worked with both of them.

He's done an excellent job not answering that question when he's been asked. 

It strikes me on a thing I saw about the 2018 QBs that people keep talking about Allen being coachable. Can't remember the show, but they were talking about how almost every player has some sort of personal coach and every QB does...that some of them show up to their 'camps' and do everything when they're with the coach, but as soon as they leave, it's all gone. 

Kinda makes me think about how Sam's footwork often slips and looks pretty poor. I'm wondering if he can do it without the coach being there and why his "QB coach" isn't doing that for him if that's the case. Who on the Jets is working with him on his mechanics? 

What if...the choice wasn’t Darnold or Lawrence. What if the choices were:  

Lawrence

OR

Two 1st round draft picks

Two 2nd round draft picks

Two 3rd round draft picks

(perhaps a top flight receiver in addition to or in lieu of one of the draft picks) 

+ Darnold 

Then the choice we’d be making would still be Darnold, lol. We’d just be kicking the can down the road for our longterm future at QB in the process.

Was this supposed to be an unsolvable riddle, or?....

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t have a huge issue with people wanting to move on from Darnold or want Lawrence.

I have an issue with people thinking there would be any difference with lawrence at qb for this jets team or that Trevor Lawrence is 'generational'

I think the difference is night and day. 

Lawrence comes in on a rookie contract with a left tackle already in place. A GM with extra premium picks and a lot of cap space. On the contrary when Darnold showed up we were down multiple second rounders. 

Think about it. Seattle’s first, our own second and third, Seattle’s third. Plus cap space. Oh and Lawrence doesn’t get Gase as HC.

Lawrence will be in a much better position to succeed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

40 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Palmer is used by Allen and Mahomes..

Palmer has also coached Christian Hackenberg and is on tape as being very optimistic about his future. All possible at a far distant semi colon in the future tense.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then the choice we’d be making would still be Darnold, lol. We’d just be kicking the can down the road for our longterm future at QB in the process.

Was this supposed to be an unsolvable riddle, or?....

It sounded better in my head lol.

If a haul of draft picks and maybe a proven stud skill player were offered, the Jets should at least listen. The team is just still so bare as far as talent, it’s going to take years to get us out of this.  

• Sympathy 1

It sounded better in my head lol.
If a haul of draft picks and maybe a proven stud skill player were offered, the Jets should at least listen. The team is just still so bare as far as talent, it’s going to take years to get us out of this.  

Listen, and then ask for a couple more first rounders. And still say no. lol.

38 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's done an excellent job not answering that question when he's been asked. 

It strikes me on a thing I saw about the 2018 QBs that people keep talking about Allen being coachable. Can't remember the show, but they were talking about how almost every player has some sort of personal coach and every QB does...that some of them show up to their 'camps' and do everything when they're with the coach, but as soon as they leave, it's all gone. 

Kinda makes me think about how Sam's footwork often slips and looks pretty poor. I'm wondering if he can do it without the coach being there and why his "QB coach" isn't doing that for him if that's the case. Who on the Jets is working with him on his mechanics? 

I don’t think Darnold’s problems have to do with the way his feet work. I think theY have to do with the way his head works. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

What if...the choice wasn’t Darnold or Lawrence. What if the choices were:

Lawrence

OR

Two 1st round draft picks

Two 2nd round draft picks

Two 3rd round draft picks

(perhaps a top flight receiver in addition to or in lieu of one of the draft picks) 

+ Darnold 

I like taking the picks. No matter who is taking snaps the core of the roster needs a huge influx of talent due to years and years of mismanagement. 

In 2022 there will be another hot prospect that everyone thinks is the greatest QB in the last 2000 years to come out of college, until 2023 when it's true again.

Focus on upgrading the roster and creating a stable environment for whoever is eventually the QB. You also have one last year to evaluate Darnold with a better roster and hopefully a better coaching staff. 

This is the ultimate team game. Qb is the most important position but it's not the only position.

• Upvote 3

What is interesting about the Jordan Palmer quote is that he is throwing everything Jet related under the bus...structure, coaching and roster. 

I agree with with Palmer but he looses credibility with that blanket statement.

There is zero accountability from Palmer on Darnold, everybody's fault but the QB.

"Lots more than the casual eye would catch."

Palmer is off the mark, there is nothing casual about of Jet Nation forum posters.

• Upvote 1