Jordan Palmer would take Sam over Trevor Lawrence

GreekJet

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Darnold has never shown an ability to consistently read the field well and consistently make good decisions. 

It's the primary reason he's not better than he is, IMO. 

I agree. The question is whether a different coach can help Sam better understand how to read the field and make better decisions. Not every coach is a great teacher. Ray Handley had a genius IQ and he was an all time bad HC because he lacked the ability to effectively teach and communicate with players.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

What if...the choice wasn’t Darnold or Lawrence. What if the choices were:

Lawrence

OR

Two 1st round draft picks

Two 2nd round draft picks

Two 3rd round draft picks

(perhaps a top flight receiver in addition to or in lieu of one of the draft picks) 

+ Darnold 

I it’s not, that train left the station.  
Why not say it was Lawrence or Allen?  Lawrence or L Jackson? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes his poor footwork, fundamentals and decision making are off set by him being a nice kid 

I’ve also seen Trevor Lawerence extend the play and make off-schedule throws just as much as Sam did in college, so there really isn’t anything Sam even does better than Lawrence.

7 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It is far more complicated than just sayimg Sam can’t find the open WR.  In how many of these instances of Sam not seeing an open WR is  the open WRs where he is supposed to be?  Is Sam not seeing an open WR on his primary read? Is he making the wrong read?

No one seems to be answering these questions. Sam had a high Wonderlic, and is an athlete that “seemed” to see the field well in the past. But, the porous line may have created some bad habits on where he is looking. IDK. Certainly the jets and experts should know, but no one ever seems to mention it.

I understand your concern. But these miscommunications shouldn’t result in overthrows or consistently missing the open WRs. If a WR is so bad that he continuously runs the wrong route, what are the odds an NFL team would let that guy be on the field? That’s not a WR. That’s flag football. So yes, consistently missing the open WRs is on Sam. Can’t keep on babying Sam. This is a ‘show me’ league. 

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

So, you're suggesting that Jordan Palmer's opinion is valid and credible here?

With the knowledge that Sam Darnold literally pays Jordan Palmer?

I think Darnold is paying Palmer to train him in the offseason, not to lie.  And yes, I think Palmer has a valid opinion and he’s getting great results with Josh Allen in Buffalo.  The more newsy question to ask Palmer is, Allen or Darnold?  We know what the answer should be but I’m more interested in seeing if he’d even answer the question.

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think Darnold is paying Palmer to train him in the offseason, not to lie.  And yes, I think Palmer has a valid opinion and he’s getting great results with Josh Allen in Buffalo.  The more newsy question to ask Palmer is, Allen or Darnold?  We know what the answer should be but I’m more interested in seeing if he’d even answer the question.

So, if a guy was paying you, you'd say he sucks, in writing, to a stranger on the internet?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

Definition of irregardless

nonstandard
: REGARDLESSI told them that irregardless of what you read in books, they's some members of the theatrical profession that occasionally visits the place where they sleep.— Ring Lardner

Frequently Asked Questions About irregardless

Is irregardless a word?

Yes. It may not be a word that you like, or a word that you would use in a term paper, but irregardless certainly is a word. It has been in use for well over 200 years, employed by a large number of people across a wide geographic range and with a consistent meaning. That is why we, and well-nigh every other dictionary of modern English, define this word. Remember that a definition is not an endorsement of a word’s use.

Yeah I know it’s a word. So are lots of word crimes. A third of my family uses “yous” as the plural of “you” — that’s in the dictionary also; meanwhile everyone knows it’s improper. 

There are plenty of words like that. They’re in the dictionary purely so someone hearing them will know what the speaker is trying to say; that doesn’t therefore make it correct. It’s a word. It’s also wrong. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah I know it’s a word. So are lots of word crimes. A third of my family uses “yous” as the plural of “you” — that’s in the dictionary also; meanwhile everyone knows it’s improper. 

There are plenty of words like that. They’re in the dictionary purely so someone hearing them will know what the speaker is trying to say; that doesn’t therefore make it correct. It’s a word. It’s also wrong. 

I was just kidding..

My personal pet peeve is "I could care less" - that, of course means, you actually care.

Where as the proper way to say it - "I couldn't care less"

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I it’s not, that train left the station.  
Why not say it was Lawrence or Allen?  Lawrence or L Jackson? 

Good point. A good journalist would've followed up with, "You say you'd take him over just about anybody, which one of your current clients would you take Sam over?"

His response would be something like this:

scott aukerman head spin GIF by IFC

• Haha 1