Read it somewhere and agree - watching Jets vs. rest of NFL a totally different sport

WowOhWow

I mean - if average Joe's like us can figure it out what the heck is going on over in Florham Park?

I'm a big JD fan...but I'm starting to come around to the notion that if he doesn't do something soon then he is complicit in this idiocy.

Gase is as toxic as they come.  We become a better team the moment he is out of the building.  This is easy. Get rid of him.

Absolutely correct.  Sunday without the Jets is beautiful.  With RedZone, you get to watch real football teams play.  It's exciting and fun.  If Adam Gase is the future of football, we are looking at an apocalypse.  Incredibly, the only person who does not realize this is the one who counts the most: Christopher Johnson.  It saddens and enrages me to see all the young talented QBs thriving while Sam Darnold regresses.  If the Jets go without a win this year and pick Trevor Lawrence with the first pick, I hope Sam lands on his feat and torches the Jets in a huge game.  What the Johnsons and their management have done to this kid is criminal.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Even watching the Jets vs. their weekly opponent it's the same.

Jets pass plays are so ugly / messy, and usually end up "unscripted" ... Sam scrambling everywhere till a guy gets open then making a difficult throw and requiring a tough catch. Meanwhile opponents look like they're running plays at training camp with no pressure, no coverage.

It's pitch and catch vs. the Jets chuck and duck.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

One thing I notice while watching good teams all around the league is their skill-position players are making plays for their QB's.  I see explosive RB's that are capable of getting to the second level and make people miss and I see WR's get separation and making tough catches.

We just have none of that.

Every catch our WRs make seems a tough catch ... even the routine ones. I don't recall seeing a guy making a catch without a defender right on him, unlike our opponents who often have so much space it's laughable.

Whether that's the players or the scheme I don't know, but either way it is so obvious a difference every week.

• Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bad Coach, Bad System, Bad QB, Bad RB's, Bad/Hurt WR's, Shaky O-line.

Why would anyone expect this to be anything BUT the 31st ranked Offense in the NFL.  I'm only surprised we're not a clear cut 32nd tbqh.

My belief is the moment we get rid of Gase we become a better team.  Better schemed, prepared, executed and engaged.  Gase's history shows us that when he leaves players play better. 

Are you for or against giving this guy the boot?  HC NFL is a ridiculously coveted role.  Get him out, go give someone else a try.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I mean - if average Joe's like us can figure it out what the heck is going on over in Florham Park?

I'm a big JD fan...but I'm starting to come around to the notion that if he doesn't do something soon then he is complicit in this idiocy.

Gase is as toxic as they come.  We become a better team the moment he is out of the building.  This is easy. Get rid of him.

Just another Gase hate thread from someone who clearly wasn't watching the Broncos game clearly enough.

Here.  Perhaps this will help.  People to hate (in order):

Maccagnan
Idzik
Ryan
Mosley
Osemele
Adams
Gregg Williams
Darnold
Gase

SAR I

• Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

My belief is the moment we get rid of Gase we become a better team.  Better schemed, prepared, executed and engaged.  Gase's history shows us that when he leaves players play better. 

Are you for or against giving this guy the boot?  HC NFL is a ridiculously coveted role.  Get him out, go give someone else a try.

Are you new to JN?

I am one of Gase's loudest and most consistent critics here.  I would never, ever have hired him.  I would have fired him after last season.  I would fire him today.  He is, IMO, a horrible NFL Head Coach and his resume as an Offensive Coordinator is vastly exaggerated, basically boiling down to being Peyton Mannings coffee gofur.

Clearly, I am for giving him the boot.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just another Gase hate thread from someone who clearly wasn't watching the Broncos game clearly enough.

Maccagnan
Idzik
Ryan
Mosley
Osemele
Adams
Gregg Williams
Darnold
Gase

SAR I

It's a free country and you're free to have your own opinions.  Good for you.

My opinion - not sure what in the world you see in Gase to remotely have any confidence in him.  Dude is toxic.  I'd recommend dying on another hill.  Lots of smart people all over the NFL.  Not a single one sharing your thought process.  But hey, go for it.  You get a rise out of everyone and it seems that's what you're after.  Weird, but well done.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

They do not care. Their profits are more or less the same win or lose. Especially with no fans at the stadium. Tv revenue split between teams evenly.

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

One thing I notice while watching good teams all around the league is their skill-position players are making plays for their QB's.  I see explosive RB's that are capable of getting to the second level and make people miss and I see WR's get separation and making tough catches.

We just have none of that.

To be fair we do have some of that. They are just not healthy, at least at the receiver position (Mims).   Again, it is damn near criminal that JD didn't give Sam at least one more weapon from this draft.   I am pissed that we didn't take a multi purpose player like Antonio Gibson or Joe Reed.  Guys like that can make a QBs job a lot easier.   Seeing guys like John Hightower go in the 5th and Quez Watkins (both 4.3 guys) lasting until the 6th round still pisses me off. 

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

To be fair we do have some of that. They are just not healthy, at least at the receiver position (Mims).   Again, it is damn near criminal that JD didn't give Sam at least one more weapon from this draft.   I am pissed that we didn't take a multi purpose player like Antonio Gibson or Joe Reed.  Guys like that can make a QBs job a lot easier.   Seeing guys like John Hightower go in the 5th and Quez Watkins (both 4.3 guys) lasting until the 6th round still pisses me off. 

Remember when Macc tried to trade up for Alvin Kamara but balked at the addition of a late round pick?

Trivia question: who did that pick become that Macc refused to part with?

Answer: Who effing cares!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

It's a free country and you're free to have your own opinions.  Good for you.

My opinion - not sure what in the world you see in Gase to remotely have any confidence in him.  Dude is toxic.  I'd recommend dying on another hill.  Lots of smart people all over the NFL.  Not a single one sharing your thought process.  But hey, go for it.  You get a rise out of everyone and it seems that's what you're after.  Weird, but well done.

We are a young, rebuilding project.  We would be 0-4 with any head coach you could throw out there and you know it.

The most important element of head coaching right now for this team is leadership.  The players follow Gase.  They respect Gase.  Despite terrible circumstances, he hasn't lost the team.  They play hard.  They just aren't talented, especially when this injured.

Here's what I know about Jets fans:  It's all about perception.  If Gase were a cuddly loudmouth like Ryan, Jets fans would love him.  If Gase were bouncing up and down the sidelines like Carroll, Jets fans would love him.  But because he doesn't take sh-t from the media and because he's got his head down in play charts, oh no, Jets fans think he's a cold fish, Jets fans think he's disconnected.

I don't care about an offensive coordinator or a quarterback whisperer right now.  We don't have that luxury.  We need a strong head coach who can weather the storm, just keep this team's head on straight through the tough times as we retool the roster.  And we have one.  Gase is good at head coaching.  I could give a sh-t about his side job as an OC or what the media made up about his expertise.  Go get an offensive coordinator in the offseason, go get a QB coach too, we need a DC because Gregg has lost his players like he always does.  Just don't throw out the head coach who the players respect and is in command when that's something we haven't had since Parcells.

SAR I

Maccagnan
Idzik
Ryan
Mosley
Osemele
Adams
Gregg Williams
Darnold
Gase
SAR I

why are you last on this list?
jk
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/5/2020 at 10:15 AM, Warfish said:

Are you new to JN?

I am one of Gase's loudest and most consistent critics here.  I would never, ever have hired him.  I would have fired him after last season.  I would fire him today.  He is, IMO, a horrible NFL Head Coach and his resume as an Offensive Coordinator is vastly exaggerated, basically boiling down to being Peyton Mannings coffee gofur.

Clearly, I am for giving him the boot.

Why are you such a Gase apologist"?

• Haha 2