Jump to content
playtowinthegame

Is Woody really coming back next month?

Recommended Posts

It doesn't matter.  He never really left, just got his brother more involved.

If he returns the power structure will remain unchanged.  It's not like they don't have Zoom in London.

SAR I

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

It doesn't matter.  He never really left, just got his brother more involved.

If he returns the power structure will remain unchanged.  It's not like they don't have Zoom in London.

SAR I

No way he would risk losing his Ambassador gig over the Jets. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

No way he would risk losing his Ambassador gig over the Jets. 

We've got billions of people working from home all around the world using video conferencing and you think Woody can't make two hours a week happen for the Monday morning executive post-mortem of his $3.5 billion dollar business?

Be real.  While not in the weeds, Woody is completely informed of and is a partner in making all decisions.  His return to NJ doesn't change anything, better or worse.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I thought he would move the NY Jets there and make my life a lot easier, as I would have picked a new team to root for. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We've got billions of people working from home all around the world using video conferencing and you think Woody can't make two hours a week happen for the Monday morning executive post-mortem of his $3.5 billion dollar business?

Be real.  While not in the weeds, Woody is completely informed of and is a partner in making all decisions.  His return to NJ doesn't change anything, better or worse.

SAR I

 

Posted by Mike Florio on January 1, 2017, 7:16 PM EST

When the new administration takes over later this month, Jets owner Woody Johnson is expected to become the U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom. And if/when (most likely, when) that happens, Woody Johnson will relinquish day-to-day control of the team.

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, Woody Johnson will hand the reins to his younger brother, Christopher Wold Johnson. Chris Johnson would then run the team until Woody’s appointment ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Chris has kind of been worse, hasn't he?  I know I was excited at first glance with Chris, but the product has declined(or continued the decline) under his watch.

Both of them are inept, so I'm not defending Woody, but him coming back isn't exactly snatching the franchise from a wunderkind.

Chris clearly has no balls and zero decision-making skills. What he does well is interact with the players and foster a more family-we’re all in this together atmosphere that was severely lacking with the NYJ prior to Chris being involved in day to day ops.

Woody was always known as aloof and disconnected from the team, making weekly visits during camp and the season. Whereas, teams like the Steelers see the Rooneys there DAILY. Chris definitely bridged that gap and it was a positive.

Woody’s a dunce too don’t get be wrong...but less of a dunce than Chris when it comes to decision making and definitely has more of a competitive fire in him...at least.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please someone get this thing going: #woody johnson sucks# thread.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

From Liz Hurley to Adam Gase, quite the downgrade for woody.

Liz Hurley could've won as many games as Adam Gase has so far this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

flame thrower fire GIF

Woody upon arrival at One Jets Drive

the godfather GIF

Woody later that night with Chris.

I appreciate the accuracy of this. Truly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he gotten tired of cosplaying politics?

What a doofus.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From bad to worse

 

At least Gase's head will be the first to roll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

London isn't Mars. Do you think he's had zero input on the Jets since he's been ambassador?

angry outer space GIF by Looney Tunes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It doesn't matter.  He never really left, just got his brother more involved.

If he returns the power structure will remain unchanged.  It's not like they don't have Zoom in London.

SAR I

This is 100% accurate. I have never understood why Jets fans can't grasp the fact that Christopher Johnson has only been a glorified house sitter.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

This is 100% accurate. I have never understood why Jets fans can't grasp the fact that Christopher Johnson is only been a glorified house sitter.

As the Ambassador of the United States of America to the UK he's not allowed to have any day-to-day control over the team. He handed control to his brother Christopher on November 8th, 2017. We're coming up on the 3 year anniversary. I expect some fireworks once he lays his brass balls on the table.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He screwed up the easiest ambassador appointment 

******* UK

hes a moron 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 “We have discussed my role when I come back … it will remain larger than my pre-ambassadorship role,” Christopher Johnson said. “But exactly when any of that happens is unknowable at this point.” 

Christopher has taken complete control of the team since his brother’s departure in 2017, when he made it clear that Woody “isn’t involved” in the football decisions the team is making. Christopher made the call to hire coach Adam Gase in January of 2019, and defended his coach on Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares if Woody is coming back or not? He is a clueless owner who is responsible for this disaster of a franchise. The Jets is a toy to him and his brother. I understand that owning an NFL team does something for your ego, but that the fans want to get rid of you and rightfully blame you for years of mismanagement,- doesn’t that count for anything?


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

 

Posted by Mike Florio on January 1, 2017, 7:16 PM EST

When the new administration takes over later this month, Jets owner Woody Johnson is expected to become the U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom. And if/when (most likely, when) that happens, Woody Johnson will relinquish day-to-day control of the team.

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, Woody Johnson will hand the reins to his younger brother, Christopher Wold Johnson. Chris Johnson would then run the team until Woody’s appointment ends.

That is why they speak in hypotheticals, that is NOT against the rules. . "If it were me, I would do this or that" As good as making the decisions himself... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...