Bronx

"Glass" Joe Douglas

Classic character from Nintendo Punch out. 

The handling of the roster and coach:

Glass is the player's first opponent in all of his roles. As a foil among most of the boxers, he is famous for his weakness and cowardice, considered by critics to be stereotypes of French peoplehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_Joe

Some of you have a manly love for him regardless that he has proven nothing yet. If he somehow turn things around and builds a legit team, I'll gladly apologize. In the meantime, he has to prove himself, grab his cojones and make us relevant in the league.

Glass_Joe2.png

• Thumb Down 14
  • Confused 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, slimjasi said:

People believe in Douglas because his plan is sound (acquire a lot of draft capital, build through the draft, avoid quick fixes like overpaying free agents). But, Idzik's plan was also sound. The bottom line is, either he can draft or he can't. 

We'll find out soon enough. 

I am with you but we are all pissed for the outcome thus far. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's sink or swim with JD whether folks like it or not.

I wonder if JD says the same thing about Gase.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

He’s not going anywhere with a 6 year contract. He won’t be afraid to be bold! 
It’s coming after this season. 

I know this is a different sport, but the Knicks reputation diverted many top notch free agents from coming last year due to the ownership. Maybe this year with a more reputable coaching staff, things will turn around. 

The Jets need to bring the most reputable coaching staff to get things going. That's the bottom line.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Giants are the only team right now that is in our neighborhood of suckage

At least the Giants defense is making some noise. Our D, which was the stronghold last year, has regressed a la carte Gase.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You can not really evaluate Darnold until he plays with better talent

Here...

https://www.jetnation.com/2020/10/02/ny-jets-game-recap/

Sam Darnold again was the worst QB on the field, and that is a disturbing thought.  The six sacks that DEN generated were primarily on him as he was indecisive on when to vacate the pocket.  And the injury he experienced was a prime example of that.  When your offense generates five FG’s that means you’re not getting the job done in the red zone.  Darnold also showed a lack of awareness on who to feed the ball to.  Crowder & Smith were his “chunk play” guys he should’ve forced them to ball, enough of this spreading the ball around nonsense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

If he isn't banging the table to get rid of Gase, he is part of the problem.

JD owes him a big favor, obviously.

Whoever gave a thumbs down to this thread needs to eat camel chit.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your point is not a meaningful one today and wasn't then either.  You deserved every one of those 11 thumbs down.  

Maybe I do, maybe I don't. This management sucks regardless and Glass Joe looked like a defeated prick.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mims will be a WR1 in this league

I know that you have great respect for JD and great football knowledge. However, this is a joke for a statement. This guy has bust written all over him, not to mention his health issues and a history of dropping balls in college. 

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Is it possible that one thread could have 5 dumb posts by the same person?

THAT would be Jetsy!

You are 100% on point. Being a Jets fan is dumb.  You and I are part of this masochistic and delusional brotherhood. Welcome to the dumb club.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company