"Glass" Joe Douglas

Bronx

The misdirected anger is getting old, fast.  
Johnsons, with a side of:  200.gif&key=c5c109430342f21a6e4f423c1bf1a4e7922791c0d09a6fd11df0e71b2f5a9fc1

Douglas is the only hope for this woebegone franchise.  We're not attracting a better caliber GM than him as long as the Johnson's own the franchise.  It's sink or swim with JD whether folks like it or not.

For once I completely agree with you. He is the only hope we have. People need to calm down and recognize!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2020 at 10:14 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  If he fails, the Johnson's will hire another Maccagnan. 

It's sink or swim with JD, and the people calling for him to be fired or resign already are clinically insane.

Cinically insane!  

It's just a part of a Jets fan DNA to want to chop heads off. It sucks because I'm now one of them where Gase is concerned. lol 

JD is doing the dirty work that needs to be done.  The work most Jets GM's don't have the balls or the authority to do.  What I would give to be a fly on the wall when JD is talking to CJ about why Gase needs to go. How he spins that one while not looking like a backstabber will take some kid gloves imo. 

But the next coach has to be under JD not an equal partner in the deal. 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:56 AM, slimjasi said:

People believe in Douglas because his plan is sound (acquire a lot of draft capital, build through the draft, avoid quick fixes like overpaying free agents). But, Idzik's plan was also sound. The bottom line is, either he is good at drafting or he is bad at drafting. 

We'll find out soon enough. 

Perfectly stated.