Guess how may HC's we've had since 1969...

Here they are since Weeb:

Charley Winner, Ken Shipp, Lou Holtz, Mike Holovak, Walt Michaels, Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Pete Carroll, Rich Kotite, Bill Belechick, Bill Parcells, Bill Belechick, Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, Adam Gase.

Guess how many the Steelers have had since 69?

Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher, Mike Tomlin.

I heard Buck say last Thursday night the Jets are in a perpetual state of rebuilding. Yes.

Then I heard Aikman say the Jets have not had consistent coaching. Yes. 18 coaches since 1969 proves it.

The Steelers have won 6 SB's since '69.  We have won none.

What's the reason for the big disparity?

You know it boils down to ownership.

The Steelers have competent ownership.  We do not.

Haven't been this disgusted since well... LAST EFFIN' YEAR!!!

If we don't have an ownership change, we are going to endure this torturous sh*t for a long time.

End of story.  I rest my case.

• Upvote 1

Average head coach tenure in the NFL is 3.8 years. 

Steelers have had 16 coaches in its 86 year history. So I guess they had 13 head coaches in the 25 years prior to 1969. Not much to write home about but it’s nice if you want the stats to work in your favor by changing dates around a little bit. 

Pats have 15 HCs in its 59 year history. If my math is right, they had 14 HCs in 39 years prior to BB. 

Jets have 19 HC in its 59 year history.  Not a whole lot disparity. It’s not like Jets didn’t hire BB, making this entire thread a moot point. 

21 minutes ago, Gibby said:

And I’ve had the pleasure of seeing them since Walt Michaels. HeLoudly  honestly may have been the best one.

Not even close. Still believe that with the talent those teams had, if Walt didn’t get canned for an absurd reason, they would have gotten to the Super Bowl. Maybe a few. Easily the 2nd best coach behind Weeb.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Here they are since Weeb:

Charley Winner, Ken Shipp, Lou Holtz, Mike Holovak, Walt Michaels, Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Pete Carroll, Rich Kotite, Bill Belechick, Bill Parcells, Bill Belechick, Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, Adam Gase.

Guess how many the Steelers have had since 69?

Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher, Mike Tomlin.

I heard Buck say last Thursday night the Jets are in a perpetual state of rebuilding. Yes.

Then I heard Aikman say the Jets have not had consistent coaching. Yes. 18 coaches since 1969 proves it.

The Steelers have won 6 SB's since '69.  We have won none.

What's the reason for the big disparity?

You know it boils down to ownership.

The Steelers have competent ownership.  We do not.

Haven't been this disgusted since well... LAST EFFIN' YEAR!!!

If we don't have an ownership change, we are going to endure this torturous sh*t for a long time.

End of story.  I rest my case.

No doubt the ownership does have an impact but it’s not like the rooney’s Were balls of fire either. The Steelers had decades of being doormats in the nfl.  Same thing with the saints owners, the hunts in kc, and how about Georgia frontierre when she owned the rams after her husband died.  And then a guy like jack Kent Cooke owned the redskins during their glory years.  It would be great if simply replacing the johnsons was the solution. I don’t think it is. There have been good and bad owners and I don’t think either correlates to a winning or losing team. Owners do hire the people who do affect the team and the jets haven’t been very good in selecting those people.