Sign in to follow this  
BCJet

Trey Lance

While the Jets are a full on disaster, I still think getting to #1 overall, either through record or trade is gonna be difficult.  

So assuming we have a top 6 pick, JD can likely find a HC candidate like Greg Roman, Brian Daboll or Arthur Smith who can be paired with an athletic QB who needs a year of development like Lance (or Fields).  Lance in particular to me seems like an excellent developmental player who we can draft with our own 1st rounder and allow to sit for 8-12 games in 2021 while we get a look at Sam with an actual coach and can then make a decision. 

After his performance Saturday it seems like he was a bit rusty throwing the ball but ran it extremely well.  At 6'3 226 he has excellent size for the position to be able to work a few designed runs each week.  He has experience under center ant NDSU but would benefit from a year on the bench learning the pro game.

To me this seems more realistic then mortgaging the farm for Lawerence as we can use our additional first round pick to continue building the rest of the roster and then see what holes we have in the 2022 draft and address those with the 2 firsts to build around either a much improved Darnold or Lance and his ability to run, etc.

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2020 at 12:33 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Doesn’t have near the arm talent as Kyler Murray.

Everything Ive read is that he has a + NFL arm and obviously has a lot more size then Murray.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company