Jump to content

I was wrong about Josh Allen, and it sucks.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-83 QBASE score.  56 % career completion % at Wyoming.  2 underwhelming seasons to start his career, loaded with turnovers and poor accuracy.  I called him a Running Back.  There was zero evidence ava

Potential surrounded by good coaching staff and roster usually equals success.    Josh Allen drafted here would’ve been just as frustrating as it is with Darnold. 

Cosign. I've never been more wrong about anything than I was about Josh Allen. Time to go sobbingly masturbate until the pain goes away

I will totally accept my "I was wrong about Josh Allen" stamp of shame. Because I (as a Ducks fan) saw a lot of NFL fans bet their reputation on Justin Herbert being one of the biggest busts in NFL history.  Oregon QB's you know. Can't trust them.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Lookin' absolutely fine to me.   I'll make sure to take you off our mailing list.

hold off on that.

she's probably close to 1/2 my age.  still a lot LESS weathered than anyone my age.

btw her mom looks pretty good as well!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Potential surrounded by good coaching staff and roster usually equals success. 
 

Josh Allen drafted here would’ve been just as frustrating as it is with Darnold. 

Thank you....

We think Allen with the worst OL and skill players in the NFL would have done what exactly? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

And as president and CEO, I want full control of chapter membership in the "I Friggin' Love Josh Allen's Girlfriend, Brittany Williams,  Club".   Wow is she a doll.

 

Bills-quarterback-Josh-Allen-with-girlfr

Screen-Shot-2019-07-02-at-4.15.47-PM-613

Josh-Allen-Girlfriend.jpg

Eh, she looks too much like an actual doll, for my taste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I was wrong too.  I did not expect his accuracy to improve.  

Nor should you have expected it to improve.  Basically no QB in the history of the NFL has turned around his accuracy anywhere close to this degree.

Can a 58 % passer become a 62-63 % type of guy?  Sure.  Can he jump from 58 %, with a sub-7.0 Yards per Attempt to a 70 % (or upper 60s) guy, averaging 9.0 YPA?  Before this year, no, I would said that was absolutely impossible. 

Even if he regresses and finishes the season at 65 % and about 8.0-8.5 YPA, he'll have essentially accomplished the impossible, given both his college resume and performance his first 2 years.

Inaccurate QB's just don't simply become accurate QB's over time.  Ever.

And that doesn't even go into the part about him cleaning up his turnover problem.  That's also something QB's basically never fix.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you....

We think Allen with the worst OL and skill players in the NFL would have done what exactly? 

Run for a sh*t-ton of yards?

Look, I know I'm late to the party here.  But at least Allen would have provided some excitement, even if the kind of turnaround he's had in Buffalo was not destined to happen had he been drafted here. 

Not only is Darnold bad, but outside of a few backyard plays here and there, he's been boring to watch.  He finally busted a big run against Denver and then proceeded to sh*t himself, again, for like the 15th time in his career.  

Allen also wouldn't have cost us three 2nd round picks, either.  Though of course he might have prolonged Macc's career a bit longer.  So maybe I should be thankful.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Allen would have been a star here. You can get away with below average pass protection with him ala Wilson and a young Big Ben. Then his ability to run opens up the zone read. Then the ability to improvise and extend possession. Josh would have been the reason why we would have held onto a terrible coach a year or so longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nor should you have expected it to improve.  Basically no QB in the history of the NFL has turned around his accuracy anywhere close to this degree.

Can a 58 % passer become a 62-63 % type of guy?  Sure.  Can he jump from 58 %, with a sub-7.0 Yards per Attempt to a 70 % (or upper 60s) guy, averaging 9.0 YPA?  Before this year, no, I would said that was absolutely impossible. 

Even if he regresses and finishes the season at 65 % and about 8.0-8.5 YPA, he'll have essentially accomplished the impossible, given both his college resume and performance his first 2 years.

Inaccurate QB's just don't simply become accurate QB's over time.  Ever.

And that doesn't even go into the part about him cleaning up his turnover problem.  That's also something QB's basically never fix.  

Agree.  A QB's college accuracy % does not go up from college to the pros.  Like Walsh always said.  Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree.  A QB's college accuracy % does not go up from college to the pros.  Like Walsh always said.  Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy...

Not significantly and not often, anyways.  

It was the exact argument against Hackenberg ever becoming anything, and which proved to be 100 % true:  If you can't complete 60+ % of your throws against Indiana in 4 attempts, you're not gonna do it in the pros.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

-83 QBASE score.  56 % career completion % at Wyoming.  2 underwhelming seasons to start his career, loaded with turnovers and poor accuracy.  I called him a Running Back.  There was zero evidence available to suggest Josh Allen would put together 4 games like he has to start 2020, yet he has.

2020 sucks, and that's extended to the NFL season.  

FML.  

Kudos for admitting it. I was kinda shocked at how long you held on. Silly guy.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Eh, she looks too much like an actual doll, for my taste.

Damn, you guys are a tough audience.   I guess it'll be up to me to bed down the poor girl if Josh should find greener pastures.  I am willing to make that sacrifice.

It will be a cold day in hell when I have a problem with a chick with her legs and butt.

109415455_310226883353222_74930293915545

Screen-Shot-2019-10-30-at-6.34.08-AM-613

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not significantly and not often, anyways.  

It was the exact argument against Hackenberg ever becoming anything, and which proved to be 100 % true:  If you can't complete 60+ % of your throws against Indiana in 4 attempts, you're not gonna do it in the pros.

It could be that Allen is irregularly far behind the development curve. Small-time high school, then community college, then a red-shirt year, then two years at Wyoming were his lead-up to the NFL. It's likely that, on Draft Day 2018, he'd never in his life had the quality of coaching/reps that many five-star recruits get while in high school.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Damn, you guys are a tough audience.   I guess it'll be up to me to bed down the poor girl if Josh should find greener pastures.  I am willing to make that sacrifice.

It will be a cold day in hell when I have a problem with a chick with her legs and butt.

109415455_310226883353222_74930293915545

Screen-Shot-2019-10-30-at-6.34.08-AM-613

Your taste in women is still better than @HessStation's.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i'm not so down on allen.  he was always going to be a handful as a qb because of his running ability.  apparently buffalo was able to straighten out his passing so now he's got the tools, both physical and the players around him to do well.  we'll see but i'd have to say buffalo is going to win the division.

Allen was drafted to a terrible offense. 

Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin and Robert Foster were his main targets. His O-line was also awful.

Dion Dawkins was the only player that remained on the Bills offense after his first year. The entire O-line and WR group had to be rebuilt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Agree.  A QB's college accuracy % does not go up from college to the pros.  Like Walsh always said.  Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy...

It depends on the system and the types of thriws

 

Geno Smith had 71% completion percentage in college

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Josh Allen would have been a star here. You can get away with below average pass protection with him ala Wilson and a young Big Ben. Then his ability to run opens up the zone read. Then the ability to improvise and extend possession. Josh would have been the reason why we would have held onto a terrible coach a year or so longer.

Allen with Bowles then Gase and this crappy roster?  I doubt it and I’m not even an Allen hater and never was 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Allen with Bowles then Gase and this crappy roster?  I doubt it and I’m not even an Allen hater and never was 

I know, you're anti-Mayfield. However I'm stinking with the samethings I said about him pre-draft, which was he will be star and yes even with the Jets.

You know what? I'll going back to my Josh Allen avatar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If it makes you feel any better, the great Mike Tannenbaum did a radio interview about a month ago where he said, at length, that Josh Allen was never, ever, going to be any good because of the accuracy and brain. Just totally trashed him. 

Accuracy and Brain,  you say? Funny, those were the same issues I had with Tanny.

 

Oh  the ironing....

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It depends on the system and the types of thriws

 

Geno Smith had 71% completion percentage in college

 an interesting outlier.  Also... Joe Montana went up in accuracy percentage from college to pros

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I know, you're anti-Mayfield. However I'm stinking with the samethings I said about him pre-draft, which was he will be star and yes even with the Jets.

You know what? I'll going back to my Josh Allen avatar.

Allen has an excellent head coach and supporting cast in Buffalo.  Sam has trash

 

Sam’s situation is why Trevor Lawrence will pick staying in college

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

-83 QBASE score.  56 % career completion % at Wyoming.  2 underwhelming seasons to start his career, loaded with turnovers and poor accuracy.  I called him a Running Back.  There was zero evidence available to suggest Josh Allen would put together 4 games like he has to start 2020, yet he has.

2020 sucks, and that's extended to the NFL season.  

FML.  

It's just coaching man, development and having talent around him. Buffalo basically got tired of sucking and figured out how to do it right. Allen wasn't the best qb draft prospects not even close, but they built an offense around his ability. Has they drafted Sam he would be doing the same....but unfortunately we drafted Sam and refuse to help him at all.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

coaching, mystery solved

Lol right? I mean it's so obvious how bad gase is. Literally every game he has shown ineptitude.

I don't get keeping him at all. I would love to see a browns esk recovery...we literally have the coach who did it. Just promote G williams and give him a shot rest of season. We can't do worse. Honestly we have lost everygame to terrible teams.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It depends on the system and the types of thriws

Geno Smith had 71% completion percentage in college

Being accurate as a QB in college doesn't guarantee success.

But being INACCURATE in college, before Josh Allen, definitely guaranteed failure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Allen and was on record for staying at 6th and taking whom ever fell to us (Allen or even Jackson).   He was the most talented of all the quarterbacks but also perhaps the most raw.  But everyone kept calling him Hackenberg 2.0 so I figured no way the Jets take some with those kinds of flaws, even if they were fixable.    I talked myself into getting excited when we "lucked" into Darnold and figured he would ultimately be the best qb out of that bunch (he needed to be after giving up 3 2nd round picks).  Unfortunately things have not turned out that way.  He really would have benefited from sitting most of his first year like Mahomes did.   What did the Jets do?  Through him right out there to take his lumps and lumps he did take.   Allen's first year was very uneven but you could still see some flashes of what this guy was capable of.    The next year, we all had high hopes for Darnold but he started the year out with a dud of a performance then followed that up by missing 4 games with mono... MONO!  I was like WTF???    When he returned he played half way decent but was still somewhat inconsistent and the NE game was an embarrasment.  Meanwhile Allen continue to improve incrementally; still struggling occasionally with his accuracy and consistency.   With all of that he still had a enough good performances to help lead his team to the playoffs.    Fast forward to 2020 and you can see how much he has improved and Sam seems to have regressed.  Maybe we are being SOJ and not being fair as he has been without most of his best offensive players.   While I know that is true, when I watch Darnold it just looks like something is missing.   I will personally give Darnold 3-4 more games to show me something.  He should have a few more starters back over that period and the excuses will no longer cut the mustard.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...