Darnold out Sunday per Mehta

GreekJet

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This is assuming that he has the same processing speed and coverage recognition skills as Darnold. Which he doesn't, Flacco processes defenses and makes better decisions quicker than Darnold. That's what experience gives you. So some of those getting flushed out of the pockets moments will be avoided by faster decision making and recognizing coverages quicker. 

You definitely did not watch Flacco in Denver.

Flacco was sacked 26 times in 8 games. That also included 5 INTs and 8 fumbles. 

Are you suggesting that Darnold, and his inferior "processing speed/coverage recognition" would have been sacked 40 times in 8 games or have 12 fumbles?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If Flacco makes the right reads and hits the open receiver he would already be doing much better than Darnold has. Darnold has really struggled with both of those things this year. Talent or no talent, when the WRs are open he's been missing them often. 

Fair point but you don't think having guys like Perriman & Mims on the field (along with Bell) will give the QB more open options?

As far as Sam missing open guys, yes, it appears he has but the one thing we don't know as fans is if guys who seem open on TV are in the right spot based on the play design or did they run the wrong route.

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As so often happens with the Jets, now that the starter is out, I'd personally prefer to see the young player (Morgan), not the end-of-the-line-old Veteran (Flacco).  Potential Future (small tho that potential may be) Morgan vs. No Future Whatsoever Flacco.

With that said, if Flacco plays, and produces materially more/better than Sam was producing with similar supporting talent, that would be a massive indictment of Sam Darnold, and likely ensure the end of his time here.

So I guess there IS reason to watch, fatalistic tho that reason may be.

In one way, I would prefer tosee Morgan as well....however, the fact that he is a rookie and neverplayed even a pre-season game...gives me pause...

The potential to provide a contrast to Darnold via Flacco is actually a proper move,imho. Darnold never won a starting role in theNFL. He was gifted it and annointed savior.    

• Upvote 2

Just now, Coffee Is Great said:

Flacco is horrible but it's amusing that he's getting Bell, Mims, and Perriman back this week. If our D wasn't terrible I'd be a little worried about winning this game but I imagine Kyler Murray will run for close to 100 yards against our undisciplined defense.

The cardinals will win but it will be a competitive game.  Flacco will ignore Gase and spread the field out and throw deep

15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The real issue is going to be if Flacco lights it up and then they go back to Darnold who then proceeds to not play well again.  That's when the controversy will be ramped up. Flacco can play great this week and it's still Darnolds job.  But then there are no more excuses for Darnold when he gets back. 

I wouldn’t let Sam play another snap while Gase is still here

• Post of the Week 1

All you guys predicting Flacco to come in and do well clearly did not see how uninterested he looked when he came in against the Broncos for Sam.

Add to that the pathetic offense the Jets are putting out on the field and it should be a beatdown. Arizona gets to get back on track vs the Jets. Only way we win if Mims comes back and looks like T.Owens

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mental health break time for Spiccolli 

Darnold misses time for his 3rd straight season.  This will now be his 7th missed game due to injury or ailment.  In an era when it's never been easier for QB's to be protected, no less.

Eli Manning didn't miss a single game in his 16-year career due to injury.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Welp. While I’d rather be doing something else on Sunday, I’m one of those weirdos that watches every play from every game so this is gonna suck. 

Me too. My 2 year old daughter was watching football with my wife on Sunday. My wife is a Bills fan and she yelled, "Get him" and my daughter yelled,  "Get that ****". She's spending too much time with her dad watching the Jets lol.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

So we need to continue to sign over to the hill QB's in order to provide Sam Darnold with a booster.

We didn't have a backup QB last year (well, we did, but Siemian got hurt immediately) and Jets fans freaked out.

This was exactly what Flacco was brought here for:  To inevitably fill in for Darnold when he has his annual injury/ailment.  The plan just didn't include the team sucking this badly.  

It had nothing to do with veteran mentorship, at least not this time around.  Darnold shouldn't have to be paired with a veteran as part of a QB buddy program in year 3 of his career.

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I wouldn’t let Sam play another snap while Gase is still here

I absolutely hate Gase but this isn't all on Gase. Darnold has had opportunities within this sh*t offense to make plays and hes missed a lot of those opportunities.  It's on both of them. Gase can't make him accurate or make the right reads for him.  Darnold has simply not progressed from a mental standpoint since his rookie year and that's concerning. 

Me too. My 2 year old daughter was watching football with my wife on Sunday. My wife is a Bills fan and she yelled, "Get him" and my daughter yelled,  "Get that ****". She's spending too much time with her dad watching the Jets lol.

The 1st time my now 30 year old said...  "What the FuKK" as a 3 year old, I knew I had to cool it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Finally getting healthier and now Sam is out. This team is a joke.  The only thing we need to do the rest of the season is keep evaluating Sam to see what we need to do in the case of getting the 1st overall pick. 

The evaluation is over for the front office.  He's done here.  I'd rather see Morgan than Darnold at this point.  The former is a lock to be on the roster in 2021.  Darnold, not so much.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely hate Gase but this isn't all on Gase. Darnold has had opportunities within this sh*t offense to make plays and hes missed a lot of those opportunities.  It's on both of them. Gase can't make him accurate or make the right reads for him.  Darnold has simply not progressed from a mental standpoint since his rookie year and that's concerning. 

You guys are KILLING Sam for missing reads.  Guess what?  I’ve seen Brady and Manning miss reads.  

he has to go through 3-4 progressions usually while a defender is in the backfield chasing him and he somehow has to see the one time all season long Herndon has gotten separation 

2 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Darnolds best period of play came after watching McCown for a few games. 

prediction Joe Flacco actually pulls a W out putting all this tank for Trev talk to bed

he's not mobile. Shades of Kenny Obrien but he can set his feet and throw 

Sam Darnold has gotten every excuse in the book

and maybe they are all true

but the franchise has gotten to the point (again) where almost anyone would be better 

as for the real Captain Morgan he will lurk and play eventually when Flacco inevitably gets exploded