Perriman/Mims not practicing, could be out for awhile still

Icer

1 minute ago, JiF said:

If only there was something about Perriman's career that maybe would have indicated these results....

I know right? Always healthy, balls out from beginning of season to the end. Can’t fault JD for this one! But seriously, even Mac had better WR signings. Definitely a move that set us back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, RSJ said:

Good. I dont want to hear how good Sam would have done good too if he had these two in the lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Should be interesting to see how Flacco does with basically the same lineup.  Hopefully we can start to get some clarification as to where the problem lies. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

What the hell kind of hamstring did he pull?

That was what, 10 weeks ago?

I would say with relative confidence that there are things going on behind the scenes relative to this draft class that are no bueno, including Becton and this vague shoulder injury. The blame I'm sure can be shared all around, but hell...the Jets need to do a much better job into digging into these guys and their commitment to playing once their bank account looks different. If that happens by firing Douglas or perhaps him learning from his mistakes, great...but these types of issues even predate him. Maccagnan was never questioned once or gave a direct answer on why he felt certain guys didnt work out and then went ahead and drafted more guys who flushed out of football. Our beat team you could say is also complicit. No accountability from anyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

I get where you're coming from - it just feels so eerily reminiscent of so many other periods in recent Jet history. Need QB, eventually get QB, fail to build team around QB, discard QB.

And if the hype is as good as you say - the price goes up as hopefully we'll have more than one interested team vying for the chance to draft him.

Probably all a pipe dream anyway, either way ... you just know the Jets will Jets it up somehow. Or Covid will Jets it up for us.

Didn’t we build a team around Sanchez 

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I would say with relative confidence that there are things going on behind the scenes relative to this draft class that are no bueno, including Becton and this vague shoulder injury. The blame I'm sure can be shared all around, but hell...the Jets need to do a much better job into digging into these guys and their commitment to playing once their bank account looks different. If that happens by firing Douglas or perhaps him learning from his mistakes, great...but these types of issues even predate him. Maccagnan was never questioned once or gave a direct answer on why he felt certain guys didnt work out and then went ahead and drafted more guys who flushed out of football. Our beat team you could say is also complicit. No accountability from anyone.

God you’re the worst with this stuff. Like what? They’re injured. What else could be going on? And being injured means they’re not committed to playing football now? Jesus. 
There’s plenty of problems with this team, you don’t need to make things up to add to it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

They’re injured. What else could be going on? And being injured means they’re not committed to playing football now?

Feels an awful lot like they’re handing out redshirts early on with a real lack of urgency to get anyone on the field at this point. Even Darnold was hinting at being held out a few weeks this afternoon. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Feels an awful lot like they’re handing out redshirts early on with a real lack of urgency to get anyone on the field at this point. Even Darnold was hinting at being held out a few weeks this afternoon. 

If it’s Douglas and the front office doing that, I’m kinda all for it. And its what should be done if they’re actually injured. No reason to rush guys back for this sht show. 
If it’s Gase and Gregg holding back rookies when they’re ready to play then that’s another thing. 

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If it’s Douglas and the front office doing that, I’m kinda all for it. And its what should be done if they’re actually injured. No reason to rush guys back for this sht show. 
If it’s Gase and Gregg holding back rookies when they’re ready to play then that’s another thing. 

I would hope it’s a collusive effort. Douglas wasn’t aggressive at all in free agency, Gase ran a soft camp, and they’re treating these injuries like they’re holding troops back for a second wave after the front line guys all get wrecked

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

God you’re the worst with this stuff. Like what? They’re injured. What else could be going on? And being injured means they’re not committed to playing football now? Jesus. 
There’s plenty of problems with this team, you don’t need to make things up to add to it. 

Why? What’s wrong with speculating? Typically the stuff I speculate will have at least a kernel of truth to it. 

im sorry but with Costello releasing a Brick article today about him being an ironman...that was definitely funneled directly from Florham Park to send a message.

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why? What’s wrong with speculating? Typically the stuff I speculate will have at least a kernel of truth to it. 

im sorry but with Costello releasing a Brick article today about him being an ironman...that was definitely funneled directly from Florham Park to send a message.

A message to who? Becton? You think Becton is reading Costello articles?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Watching his interviews or his play on the field, no one can questions Becton's fire.

He wants to play... health wise whether he should play is a separate question.

Even with an injury, he is PFF's 10 rated rookie after four weeks...

10. T MEKHI BECTON, NEW YORK JETS

Becton was still nursing a shoulder injury going into Week 4 and was only supposed to see the field in the case of an emergency.

Well, in true New York Jets fashion, emergency struck early when Chuma Edoga went down with an injury. Becton was thrown into action and played just 17 snaps before coming out of the game, but the damage had been done — he earned a 47.2 overall grade and a disappointing 25.9 grade in pass protection, dragging his overall grade from the 76.9 he had earned before the contest to 72.6.

It’s unknown whether Becton will be good to go in Week 5, but hopefully we get to see him healthy again soon.

Do you think that this nonsense would be going on with Parcells as HC?  Or even Bowles?  

This is why the situation is urgent here.  The players are having a Gase revolt.  He needs to be removed from the facility, and the medical/training needs to get fixed.  

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

Do you think that this nonsense would be going on with Parcells as HC?  Or even Bowles?  

This is why the situation is urgent here.  The players are having a Gase revolt.  He needs to be removed from the facility, and the medical/training needs to get fixed.  

This exact stuff went on under Bowles. It has carried over. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

WRs are pussies when injured.

LTs should have been taken out of the game.

Fans are dizzying 

Gase revolt, lol

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I would hope it’s a collusive effort. Douglas wasn’t aggressive at all in free agency, Gase ran a soft camp, and they’re treating these injuries like they’re holding troops back for a second wave after the front line guys all get wrecked

Walking into Florham Park...

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Didn’t we build a team around Sanchez 

The first two years the team around him was strong ... but that wasn't maintained and as we started taking backward steps it all fell apart. 

2010 we had Braylon, Santonio, Keller as his main targets, and LT in the backfield. 2012 we had Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley and Jeff Cumberland, with Shonn Greene in the backfield. Woody was replaced by Austin Howard. At CB we went from Revis to Kyle Wilson.

Oh ... and Tebow. 

• Upvote 1