Letter to the Johnson's

Brav-f*cK*ng-O

nailed it. 

sOmeone want to put this on a digital billboard. Or better yet how many planes would you need to fly this?  
maybe it could be painted on the street as you drive into the training facilities 

• Upvote 1

Great letter. The Johnsons will only act when faced with losing revenues. Unfortunately COVID has taken the major leverage fans have -- dumping their tickets to visiting teams' fans or showing up in paper bags to boo relentlessly.

They get their 1/32nd of NFL TV revenue  -- which is probably way up this year with lots more people buying NFL Sunday Ticket -- win or lose.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Great letter. The Johnsons will only act when faced with losing revenues.

Annual revenues?  LOL.

If you are looking at it financially, forget it, the Jets are one of the wealthiest teams in the world.  Woody purchased the team for $635M and its currently worth $3.5B, it's mind-boggling how much that is.

Watch this video, it will teach you more about the Jets than you realize.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Good letter but I think he buried the lead.  It should be pointed out up front that every single one of their mistakes has been a result of them putting themselves in the middle of critical football decisions which resulted in shotgun marriages.  That the main takeaway that has to change in order to right the ship.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Annual revenues?  LOL.

If you are looking at it financially, forget it, the Jets are one of the wealthiest teams in the world.  Woody purchased the team for $635M and its currently worth $3.5B, it's mind-boggling how much that is.

SAR I

Oh they care. As someone pointed out $635M invested in an S&P 500 index fund would've out-performed the Jets annual appreciation. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Annual revenues?  LOL.

If you are looking at it financially, forget it, the Jets are one of the wealthiest teams in the world.  Woody purchased the team for $635M and its currently worth $3.5B, that's about 18x what he paid for it, it's mind-boggling how much that is.

SAR I

That’s a lot of money, and being that all humans have expiration dates, the Johnson’s should just sell the team and if they want to feel like they are still owners retain say 5% like the Wilpons did with the Mets.  How much more money do the Johnsons need?  3 1/2 Bill will last for the Johnsons for quite awhile.

Do they have no shame?  Aren’t they embarrassed in the least with this garbage team?

Let a WINNER like a Steve Cohen buy them out.  I say that because the guy has a stellar life long track record of you know...WINNING.

Whereas neither of these two Blacksheep Johnson Brothers do.

• Upvote 1

Not only do the Johnsons need to stay out of football decisions, but if Gase is still the coach by week 10, the fans need to speak out and I dont mean a plane flying a banner.  We need an organized petition stating that people won't be renewing their tickets if Adam Gase is still the HC of the NYJ.

Every NFL owner is taking a huge hit this year on tickets, parking and concessions, but what no one is talking about is how difficult its going to get the fans back to the stadium in 2021.  This team had a hard time getting people to the games in 2019 pre-covid.  Now you are going to have to deal with people who are simply going to look at crowded events differently. But more importantly the owners need to figure out how to get the fans back who realized that sundays at home are pretty nice.  The "flat screen/Red Zone" argument has been an issue for some teams for years and its only going to grow now and unfortunately the stadium is such an abomination that it isnt a draw whatsoever if the product on the field isnt great.

If CJ/Woody can tangibly see that the fans won't be returning if Gase does, it can ensure that he is gone, regardless of how many coaches/GMs we will be paying in 2021.  I wish we could rely on the Johnson's to realize what a sunk cost is, but that is not going to happen as they have proven to be completely inept no matter what they touch. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’d give just about anything to punch either Johnson in the face as hard as I could 

Why?  Because the Jets will NEVER be in another playoff game for as long as these Dweebs own the team?  That’s a fact and it will be proven year in and year out.

They are hands down the least intelligent owners of all 32 teams.  Puts our favorite team at a severe disadvantage.  Just divorce yourself of all emotion with regard to this team.  I just laugh watching them, and I want the Johnsons to look like stupid blacksheep that they are.

Once you realize that winning is not their primary objective, since winning in the NFL is difficult, you have to be a sucker to let any of the losing bother you.

• Upvote 1

Great letter. 

One thing he left out - and to me was the biggest mistake of all of them - and that is, after drafting Sam - to not fully commit to building a team around him. 

Everything they did should have started with - "does this help Sam?" and if the answer was no, then they shouldn't have done it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Annual revenues?  LOL.

SAR I

Who cares how much money they make? This team ******* sucks!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Great letter. The Johnsons will only act when faced with losing revenues. Unfortunately COVID has taken the major leverage fans have -- dumping their tickets to visiting teams' fans or showing up in paper bags to boo relentlessly.

They get their 1/32nd of NFL TV revenue  -- which is probably way up this year with lots more people buying NFL Sunday Ticket -- win or lose.

No competition from the NBA.  So glad they are down 70% on the viewership of the Finals.

I loved this letter.  The Johnsons have to know that we know that they are the problem-Adam Gase is just a symptom like Maccagnan, Bowles and Idzik.  They won't sell the team but could possibly be shamed into effectively putting the football operations into the hands of people who have some modicum of competence.

8 minutes ago, TMAC said:

I loved this letter.  The Johnsons have to know that we know that they are the problem-Adam Gase is just a symptom like Maccagnan, Bowles and Idzik.  They won't sell the team but could possibly be shamed into effectively putting the football operations into the hands of people who have some modicum of competence.

Thats what makes this so frustrating.  Keep owning the team, bring your friends, shake hands, take literally every benefit you want from owning a $3 billion NY sports franchise, JUST LET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING RUN IT.

If CJ wants to sit in the HC interviews, thats fine, but when its time for the decision to be made, its JD and his inner circle who makes the call - END OF DISCUSSION.

20 hours ago, BCJet said:

Not only do the Johnsons need to stay out of football decisions, but if Gase is still the coach by week 10, the fans need to speak out and I dont mean a plane flying a banner.  We need an organized petition stating that people won't be renewing their tickets if Adam Gase is still the HC of the NYJ.

Every NFL owner is taking a huge hit this year on tickets, parking and concessions, but what no one is talking about is how difficult its going to get the fans back to the stadium in 2021.  This team had a hard time getting people to the games in 2019 pre-covid.  Now you are going to have to deal with people who are simply going to look at crowded events differently. But more importantly the owners need to figure out how to get the fans back who realized that sundays at home are pretty nice.  The "flat screen/Red Zone" argument has been an issue for some teams for years and its only going to grow now and unfortunately the stadium is such an abomination that it isnt a draw whatsoever if the product on the field isnt great.

If CJ/Woody can tangibly see that the fans won't be returning if Gase does, it can ensure that he is gone, regardless of how many coaches/GMs we will be paying in 2021.  I wish we could rely on the Johnson's to realize what a sunk cost is, but that is not going to happen as they have proven to be completely inept no matter what they touch. 

Barring a miracle, I don't see a case to be made for Gase returning.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

That is actually a great idea. We can make it a sort of a petition. 

wait - so in the letter we are asking the owners to step back and let football decisions be made by football people - but then you go around and suggest fans sign a petition to fire Adam Gase?

ironic

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Who cares how much money they make? This team ******* sucks!

Because there is a general assumption amongst SOJF's that hitting the Johnson's in their pocketbooks will force them to bow to their demands.  And that's not true because they have made so much money on their investment in the team a few million here or there on jersey sales or ticket sales is insignificant.

"Fire the coach!"  "Get new ownership!"  Those are the quick fixes that won't work in this instance.  We have a broken roster after a decade of mismanagement.  We have a new GM.  He's the key to turning this around.  The HC is a victim in this, an innocent bystander who was brought here to coach this bad group as best he could.  Ownership is guilty of picking Ryan over Tannenbaum/Schottenheimer and setting us on this Idzik/Maccagnan plunge, but they have recognized their mistakes and are trying to do it the right way this time.

I am grateful that all involved in Florham Park have thick skin and convictions in their strategy and are ignoring the SOJF's as they wail.  The road back to relevance isn't going to be easy and its certainly not going to be fixed by a new billionaire or a coaching change.

SAR I