Goodbye, I'm out.

8 hours ago, jetophile said:

That would be the guy . . . who died outside in the elements . . . and got frostbite . . . and gangrene I'd like to believe that the OP was aware of the Word Play, so don't anyone try to destroy my dreams. I might even go full Georgio Tsoukalos on it and infer that "I'm out" dually meant the Roofless Sh ithole.

The Jets killed Captain Oates.

11 hours ago, jetophile said:

That would be the guy . . . who died outside in the elements . . . and got frostbite . . . and gangrene.  I'd like to believe that the OP was aware of the Word Play, so don't anyone try to destroy my dreams. I might even go full Georgio Tsoukalos on it and infer that "I'm out" dually meant the Roofless Sh ithole.

But there are some similarities between the Scott expedition and the jets. Scott and his small party we’re heading back to camp and maybe only a few days out from safety when they perished.  They were also close to a food depot but had to hole up because they were caught in a blizzard.  The blizzard was worse than normal and they couldn’t move. In the same way the jets are feeling there way to success and are being kept, in part, away by the inordinate and unexpected rash of injuries.

okay it’s a reach.  Not much else to say at the moment.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I didn’t google this or even duck duck go. I’ve read a few books about explorers like Scott and Shackleton. The was also an old movie about the Scott expedition. 

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Film) - TV Tropes

Just teasing ya man. I like historical non-fiction also.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

catherine keener wasn't too shabby in that movie.  neither was elizabeth banks.  there is hope for people who read a lot.

But think of all he missed out on during the quantity-over-quality period of youth

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

But think of all he missed out on during the quantity-over-quality period of youth

maybe.  alternatively he didn't get married to his first conquest, have kids at a young age, get divorced and spend that youth in bars drinking to himself and watching his kids grow into crack addicts.  and he also had all of those boxed superhero figurines to not play with.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

maybe.  alternatively he didn't get married to his first conquest, have kids at a young age, get divorced and spend that youth in bars drinking to himself and watching his kids grow into crack addicts.  and he also had all of those boxed superhero figurines to not play with.

I wish I was a 40 year old football virgin and could be selective in choosing which team to get married to.