The REALIZATION.....

NYJ1

It's been known now for at least a couple of weeks, the realization of what this team is in 2020? 

So let's hear it.... This thread isn't meant to criticize anyone, just a rather light comedy approach to those Jets fans who picked this season all wrong. 

Be honest. If you really thought this team was going to have a winning record, earn a playoff spot,etc. Tell the truth here. Let's talk about how the Jets managed to fool us yet again. I'll go first....

I said the Jets were a 5 to 6 win team. At this point, it appears they're so bad that 3 wins is probably their absolute ceiling. Just call me DINGBAT for being so pathetically optimistic,.........lol

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, greeniemeanie said:

I thought 8 - 8. I honestly thought that Gase was horrible, but Darnold would see some success behind better o-line play, and Bell would return to form. Obviously, I'm an idiot.

Well then, I am in the Idiot category as well. I expected a big tick upward on offense because of the excitement surrounding the draft. The bad news then was that we had to depend on all 8 draft picks to start AND perform which is never good news. What I did not expect was the epic failure on defense, with or without Mosely/Jamal...

Its sad that I do not even get upset anymore at what I watch on Sunday, it is more humorous than anything else.

• Upvote 1

I didn't really have a number in my head... I was just hoping for competitiveness, physicality and better play from SAM.... sigh, fooled again,  You with think after 53 years of this sh*t, I learn, talk about thick!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seibelt said:

Well then, I am in the Idiot category as well. I expected a big tick upward on offense because of the excitement surrounding the draft. The bad news then was that we had to depend on all 8 draft picks to start AND perform which is never good news. What I did not expect was the epic failure on defense, with or without Mosely/Jamal...

Its sad that I do not even get upset anymore at what I watch on Sunday, it is more humorous than anything else.

You expected Morgan to start at qb?

I didn't see a playoff team at all, but I predicted 7-9 again. 

I figured that our injury luck couldn't possibly be that bad two years in a row (WHOOOPS!), that our defense would be league average to slightly above average (WHOOPS!!!), and that Darnold would improve considerably from year 2 to year 3 (WHOOOPS!)

My thoughts were 3-13.  I believe in what is happening, I just don't want to waste time while it is happening.  Go do the work Joe, and I will come back when the team is competitive.  This isn't life or death, but rather entertainment.  And when the movie is terrible, get up and walk out.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They still are

Watch them go on a little run now with Flacco

As for reckoning, many said that I had clinical depression in the summer

It's called being able to read the roster page

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

No they won’t. Flacco is also garbage. The D can’t stop a nose bleed.

Our schedule was brutal, and I knew our roster was at best a side grade from last years.  So I thought 6  wins was sorta conservative.  Then we traded Prez, and our wrs were all injured, so I’m revising that down a game or two...  figured Darnold would improve and will us to win a few (I still do actually)

But I mean I was under no illusion that our roster was ever good.  People have a massive tendency to overrate young marginal talents like Herndon and our other young players (players like QW who are sorta just mediocre) and our team is mostly full of unproven talent like that.

I didn't claim it here so hard to prove....(I have posted some season predictions on some other boards elsewhere)  ....but seriously, from the outside looking in, even before the season started, the Jets have the worst top to bottom roster in the NFL.  It's bad. 

Before they traded Jamal, before Moseley opted out, before Mimms and others went down like soldiers advancing against machine guns in World War I, I thought the Jets would be competitive.  I made no predictions about wins and losses because I know that's a fool's errand.  After the team was gutted (see above), I thought they would be lucky to win 5 games and that 4 wins was more realistic since they play Miami twice and some other "softer" teams like Denver.  I did not expect them to be non-competitive.  I did not expect them to be so bad that they have been placed in a class by themselves.  I did not expect them to be the most disgraceful team in the NFL since the 0-16 Lions.  This is the lowest point I can remember in 55 years of being a Jet fan.  I hold Woody, CJ, Adam Gase, Mike Maccagnan and Joe Idzik responsible.  this is their legacy.

• Upvote 1

Predicted 6-10.

We're materially worse than expected, with the same mass injury issue that seems to happen every year for Gase-led teams.

Sam is much worse.  WR's are much worse (mostly due to not being available in the first place, Perriman, Mims, Smith).  Defense is much worse (although with what they have to work with, who can really blame them, it's awful hard to defend opposite the worst offense in the NFL).

I don't believe we go winless.  I'd still bet 3-5 wins, likely 4.  But we'll see, less (1-2 wins) certainly seems possible.  

It will be interesting to see this Offense under a veteran QB on Sunday, to see if there is any appreciable difference in production.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:00 PM, NYJ1 said:

It's been known now for at least a couple of weeks, the realization of what this team is in 2020? 

So let's hear it.... This thread isn't meant to criticize anyone, just a rather light comedy approach to those Jets fans who picked this season all wrong. 

Be honest. If you really thought this team was going to have a winning record, earn a playoff spot,etc. Tell the truth here. Let's talk about how the Jets managed to fool us yet again. I'll go first....

I said the Jets were a 5 to 6 win team. At this point, it appears they're so bad that 3 wins is probably their absolute ceiling. Just call me DINGBAT for being so pathetically optimistic,.........lol