The REALIZATION.....

NYJ1

11 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Before they traded Jamal, before Moseley opted out, before Mimms and others went down like soldiers advancing against machine guns in World War I, I thought the Jets would be competitive.  I made no predictions about wins and losses because I know that's a fool's errand.  After the team was gutted (see above), I thought they would be lucky to win 5 games and that 4 wins was more realistic since they play Miami twice and some other "softer" teams like Denver.  I did not expect them to be non-competitive.  I did not expect them to be so bad that they have been placed in a class by themselves.  I did not expect them to be the most disgraceful team in the NFL since the 0-16 Lions.  This is the lowest point I can remember in 55 years of being a Jet fan.  I hold Woody, CJ, Adam Gase, Mike Maccagnan and Joe Idzik responsible.  this is their legacy.

I'm a few years ahead of you in terms of Jet fandom, TMAC, but I can honesty say that this Jets team has the least amount of talent of any that I have seen. I wasn't blinded by the finish against all of the cream puffs last year, and anyone could see that this year's schedule was infinitely more difficult. I was hoping for 5 or 6 wins, but now I look at the remaining games and I don't see any that we can obviously win or even be competitive. This is the lowest I've ever felt as a Jets fan, and being 67 years old and a cancer survivor, I hope I'm able to last through the inevitable 3-5 year rebuild.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I'm a few years ahead of you in terms of Jet fandom, TMAC, but I can honesty say that this Jets team has the least amount of talent of any that I have seen. I wasn't blinded by the finish against all of the cream puffs last year, and anyone could see that this year's schedule was infinitely more difficult. I was hoping for 5 or 6 wins, but now I look at the remaining games and I don't see any that we can obviously win or even be competitive. This is the lowest I've ever felt as a Jets fan, and being 67 years old and a cancer survivor, I hope I'm able to last through the inevitable 3-5 year rebuild.

gif:house on haunted hill | Tumblr

Joking about the bolded part, but I'm sorry for your troubles on the serious, earlier part of your sentence. Stay well, hear? The Jets are a blip on the radar of what's truly important. Much luck to you.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mr. Rogers looks so creepy here. Looks like Michael Myers at a rave.

the crazy part is, I'm listening to Charlie Pride tell me to,

"Kiss an angel good morning, and let her know you think about her when she's gone. 

Kiss an angel good morning, and love her like the devil when you get back home"

whilst I read this post. 

So. *******. Wrong. 

• Upvote 1

I figured we were bottom 10.

6ish wins considering all Gase can do is play round hole with square pegs.

But I I figured it would be watchable because:

Sam would take steps in the right direction-  wrong

Bell would find some sort of success behind a league average O-line- wrong 

Perriman would play to a WR 2 level - wrong (hasn't seen the field)

Mims would be a solid rookie contributor -wrong (hasn't seen the field)

- Herndon not being a complete trash bag I was one of his detractors but I didn't think he would be this bad. -wrong

- Robby... As many of you know I did not think the world of The Robby Anderson. I did not think he would be missed or that he would ball out in Carolina. I miss him as does Sam. He's been balling out in Carolina. Happy for Robby ....I was -wrong 

I've never been accused of being an optimist but I didn't think we'd be historically bad.

@bitonti @FidelioJet

Did I eat enough crow in this post my dears?

0dxbgxv8mzj41.thumb.png.d71afe4cb6fa71c51e0a114d5ce12a69.png

e1w7fu2kk1qz.jpg.30a0c504a4a701c6db09869493367ba1.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/8/2020 at 1:00 AM, NYJ1 said:

It's been known now for at least a couple of weeks, the realization of what this team is in 2020? 

So let's hear it.... This thread isn't meant to criticize anyone, just a rather light comedy approach to those Jets fans who picked this season all wrong. 

Be honest. If you really thought this team was going to have a winning record, earn a playoff spot,etc. Tell the truth here. Let's talk about how the Jets managed to fool us yet again. I'll go first....

I said the Jets were a 5 to 6 win team. At this point, it appears they're so bad that 3 wins is probably their absolute ceiling. Just call me DINGBAT for being so pathetically optimistic,.........lol

The problem isn't being wrong--that happens to everyone--it's that every year it's the same story:

1. Some are optimistic. Some are pessimistic.

2. Optimistic fans blast pessimistic fans and question their fandom and "loyalty."

3. Pessimists proven correct.

4. Brief period of optimists acknowledging they were wrong but never apologizing.

5. Optimists forgetting everything and going right back to #1 the next season.

You'd think at this point the optimists would say "hmmm... maybe the pessimists have a point or at the very least aren't part of some vast anti-Jets conspiracy." And by the way, even if JD nails the draft, next year is going to be ugly also. I'm sure I'll be called a troll or whatever when I predict something like 4-5 wins next season.

IMO if the Jets organization thought there was ANY chance this current roster could win 7-8 games, JD would have made at least one or two more aggressive moves in FA to try and pick up an extra win or two to make the expanded playoffs. JD took a calculated risk he could cobble together a serviceable O-line and secondary shopping the clearance rack and gambled on immediate production from his draft class. JA knew it was going to be a full blown rebuild and skipped town. CJM did too and opted out beginning the downward spiral on the defense that kept them in a few games last year. JDs plan obviously failed so his only hope for anything positive this season is to secure the #1 overall pick. Williams is smart enough to know he’s done in NY after this season so i wouldn’t expect any amazing turnaround from the defense. Gase on the other hand is ego driven enough to think he’s going to still prove he’s smarter than everyone and do everything possible to win an extra game or two in a lost season even at the expense of developing some of the younger players.  This is why they should fire this guy and get him out of the building. They won’t of course and the season will end with this team more hopeless than ever before in the history of this sad organization. 

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

@bitonti @FidelioJet

Did I eat enough crow in this post my dears?

0dxbgxv8mzj41.thumb.png.d71afe4cb6fa71c51e0a114d5ce12a69.png

e1w7fu2kk1qz.jpg.30a0c504a4a701c6db09869493367ba1.jpg

oh yeah, that's plenty 

I quote that episode on the daily "Trees trees" "say yes to the trucker" etc

the beauty of the dark side, and this goes for everyone within earshot is that when you openly root against the team, eating crow involves a Super Bowl a victory. spoonful of sugar there

people made fun of me for my inaccurate predictions about Drob and Gholston so I went into the tank like a computer and found a perfect way to never eat crow again

it worked too I know the inside of this team like the inside of quaismodo's clocktower

it's a dark sad empty place 

and i'd be so happy to eat some damn crow

• Upvote 1

For me watching is sheer, morbid curiosity. But I do think there's a lesson to be learned here.....

The Jets had TWO decent players here before the season. Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley. Shame on you if you thought despite trading Jamal and losing Mosley to COVID that the Jets would still find a way to be good. Talent matters and the Jets have NONE....

On 10/9/2020 at 5:59 PM, freestater said:

the crazy part is, I'm listening to Charlie Pride tell me to,

"Kiss an angel good morning, and let her know you think about her when she's gone. 

Kiss an angel good morning, and love her like the devil when you get back home"

whilst I read this post. 

So. *******. Wrong. 

On 10/7/2020 at 7:00 PM, NYJ1 said:

It's been known now for at least a couple of weeks, the realization of what this team is in 2020? 

So let's hear it.... This thread isn't meant to criticize anyone, just a rather light comedy approach to those Jets fans who picked this season all wrong. 

Be honest. If you really thought this team was going to have a winning record, earn a playoff spot,etc. Tell the truth here. Let's talk about how the Jets managed to fool us yet again. I'll go first....

I said the Jets were a 5 to 6 win team. At this point, it appears they're so bad that 3 wins is probably their absolute ceiling. Just call me DINGBAT for being so pathetically optimistic,.........lol

On 10/7/2020 at 7:08 PM, Lith said:

I expected 6 - 8 wins.  I thought Darnold would take the next step.  Maybe catch a couple of breaks and we could get to 9 and steal a playoff spot. 

As Phil says, "I am such an idiot"

This is exactly how I saw it. Crowder, Perrimen, Mims, Herndon and Bell with an improved (but still below average O line) seemed like enough to allow the offense to improve with Darnold  and to score enough to be in every game and I really thought the D would be better in the second year under GW. I was COMPLETELY wrong. The Jets have never failed to overpromise and under deliver. It should be their motto.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is exactly how I saw it. Crowder, Perrimen, Mims, Herndon and Bell with an improved (but still below average O line) seemed like enough to allow the offense to improve with Darnold  and to score enough to be in every game and I really thought the D would be better in the second year under GW. I was COMPLETELY wrong. The Jets have never failed to overpromise and under deliver. It should be their motto.

I really thought our defense would keep us competitive.  While most of the site looked at the schedule as a killer, I saw a bunch of below average, inexperienced or jag QBs on our schedule.  In conference we had Josh Allen (thought he would suck) Fitz/Tua. & Cam/Stidham  Other games inlcuded Herbert/Taylor, Murray, Lock, Mayfield Goff, and Carr.

Only QBs on our schedule that really scared me were Mahomes and Wilson, both on the road which I assumed would be Ls.  I really thought the defense would keep us in all of our other games.  

• Upvote 1

I thought the jets were a 6-10 or 7-9 team.  Harder schedule than last year.   I thought Darnold would be a better with a second season in the same scheme (wrong).  I thought the defense would be bad against the pass, but did not expect them to be bad against the run too.    I thought Gase was a bad hire.  Hey 1 out of three isn't bad......we are playing baseball right?.......where am I?