LaMichael Perine-53.7

Former Jets

Robby Anderson-74.5

Jamal Adams-68

Kelvin Beachum-65.7

Kelechi Osemele-60.6

Brian Winters-46.9

Daryl Roberts-58.1

I love PFF but I’m far more interested in these grades after 16, 32 games. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

People got mad at during the offseaon when i said all Those Oline signings where all jags. Now there seeing it and are shocked. McGovern needs to moved to guard next year and find a real Center for TL. 

If there is one position that Jets fans have been spoiled with consistently for years it's Center. Rasmussen (well, Guard), Joe Fields, Jim Sweeney, Joe Klecko, Kevin Mawae, Nick Mangold, that's a pretty solid run and they all had lengthy careers. I wonder how that happened. Anyway, agreed about Center. It's oddly something that the Jets have done right by and large, which is really probably by accident somehow. : /

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Free Agents/Trades

Bradley MacDougald-48

Pierre Desir-56.7

Connor McGovern-44.2

GVR-55.7

Josh Anderws-53.7

George Fant-64.5

Brian Poole-73.6

Alex Lewis-69

Jordan Jenkins-60.9

Frank Gore-62.7

Breshad Perriman-56.3

Chris Hogan-55.7

Draft Picks

Mehki Becton-72.6

Ashtyn Davis-43.7

LaMichael Perine-53.7

Former Jets

Robby Anderson-74.5

Jamal Adams-68

Kelvin Beachum-65.7

Kelechi Osemele-60.6

Brian Winters-46.9

Daryl Roberts-58.1

PFF is stupid but yeah, this isnt shocking.  JD has been a disaster thus far.  Outside of Becton, has he added a single player that brings any value to this team or has any future?  The answer is no and that pretty bad considering he took over one of the worst/ if not the worst rosters in the league.

It's hard to imagine being that incompetent but here we are!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

PFF is stupid but yeah, this isnt shocking.  JD has been a disaster thus far.  Outside of Becton, has he added a single player that brings any value to this team or has any future?  The answer is no and that pretty bad considering he took over one of the worst/ if not the worst rosters in the league.

It's hard to imagine being that incompetent but here we are!

not to sound like a "rookie" or JD apologist but I refuse to believe Ashtyn Davis at 45 or whatever is a total failure based on these 4 games 

these guys need time in the program 

guys like GVR at 30 years old aren't getting better and aren't better than who they replaced yeah sure ok 

• Upvote 4

So if I'm reading that right...Becton > Beachum, Lewis > Osemele, and Van Roten > Winters. No Shell or Harrison for comparison but looks like the line has several upgrades.

Corner and wide receiver have been a disaster. We'll never know what price it would have taken to get Anderson back but if it was something like 2/$24 they absolutely should have done it.

I'll take two first round picks over Adams at a 68.

Some good, some bad. Need draft picks to get healthy to more adequately judge. He's clearly trying to build through the draft and if they landed Becton and a punter this is a rich man's John Idzik situation. If guys like Mims, Zuniga, and Clark show up it's a different story.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't put much into pff numbers but it's troubling that Darryl Roberts is playing better football than perriman and desir

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Perriman got hot for a couple games last season facing bad defenses like the Lions

Don’t get me wrong I supported signing him but I also wanted to resign Robby and/or trade Adams earlier with the cowboys to get Lamb

1 minute ago, derp said:

So if I'm reading that right...Becton > Beachum, Lewis > Osemele, and Van Roten > Winters. No Shell or Harrison for comparison but looks like the line has several upgrades.

Corner and wide receiver have been a disaster. We'll never know what price it would have taken to get Anderson back but if it was something like 2/$24 they absolutely should have done it.

I'll take two first round picks over Adams at a 68.

Some good, some bad. Need draft picks to get healthy to more adequately judge. He's clearly trying to build through the draft and if they landed Becton and a punter this is a rich man's John Idzik situation. If guys like Mims, Zuniga, and Clark show up it's a different story.

Brandon Shell: 63.1

In every team sport (except baseball), your performance is reliant on teammates. Was Scottie Pippen a better player with or without Michael Jordan? How great of a QB would Troy Aikman have been without an O line that had 4 of the greatest O lineman in the history of the franchise, Emmet Smith and Michael Irvin? Gretzky was the best of all time and probably would still be without his Oiler teammates, but how many cups does he win without Messier, Coffey, Kurri, Anderson, McSorely, and Semenko.

Of course the guys that left the Jets are performing better on teams with more talented players around them and new players to the jets are suffering from playing on a less talented team. Very few positions in the NFL allow a stand alone evaluation. The only thing we know for sure is the O line is overall crap and the D front 7 cannot pressure the QB, and without these two things, any team is lost. And you can only build a D front 7 and O line through the draft. IMO, The Jets O line is quality C and G away from being above average, and the D front 7 is an OLB and ILB away from being able to consistently pressure the QB. 

The O skill players and DBs can't really be evaluated until the Jets have an O line that can open holes in the run game and protect the QB consistently, and a D front 7 that can pressure the QB. Once those two things are in place, then we'll know how good (or bad) the O skill players and Defensive Backs are. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

not to sound like a "rookie" or JD apologist but I refuse to believe Ashtyn Davis at 45 or whatever is a total failure based on these 4 games 

these guys need time in the program 

guys like GVR at 30 years old aren't getting better and aren't better than who they replaced yeah sure ok 

Yeah, sorry, if you cant get snaps on this team, you're garbage.  The likelihood of Ashtyn Davis being anything more than his beautiful hurdle fumble is slim to none.  He's played on 4% of the defensive snaps on arguably the least talented defense in the league.  Meanwhile, Brandon Jones the Safety for Miami taken 2 picks after Ashtyn Davis has played 67% of the snaps.  Davis barely plays specials, 26% of the ST snaps.

Hopefully Mims doesnt suck when/if he ever decides to play Football.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, sorry, if you cant get snaps on this team, you're garbage.  The likelihood of Ashtyn Davis being anything more than his beautiful hurdle fumble is slim to none.  He's played on 4% of the defensive snaps on arguably the least talented defense in the league.  Meanwhile, Brandon Jones the Safety for Miai taken 2 picks after Ashytn Davis has played 67% of the snaps.  Davis barely plays specials, 26% of the ST snaps.

I have to wonder about the coaching, though. This coaching staff is a disaster and they are desperate to save their jobs. Playing veterans over green rookie's is something coaches in that situation do. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

John Franklin-Meyers: 82.8

Bryce Huff: 66.1

Lawrence Cager: 62.5

Braxton Berrios: 66.7

Those are nice pieces. Also Ashtyn Davis’s grade is based on 13 snaps. So let’s chill a bit.

You're kidding, right?  lol

You feel good at these positions with those guys?  Like, your set, dont need to upgrade WR/Pass Rush/DL? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I have to wonder about the coaching, though. This coaching staff is a disaster and they are desperate to save their jobs. Playing veterans over green rookie's is something coaches in that situation do. 

Fair but they played rookies/inexperienced players last year and they do to an extent this year, more than likely, they're just not very good therefore, cant beat out said veteran.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, sorry, if you cant get snaps on this team, you're garbage.  The likelihood of Ashtyn Davis being anything more than his beautiful hurdle fumble is slim to none.  He's played on 4% of the defensive snaps on arguably the least talented defense in the league.  Meanwhile, Brandon Jones the Safety for Miami taken 2 picks after Ashtyn Davis has played 67% of the snaps.  Davis barely plays specials, 26% of the ST snaps.

look at the politics ahead of him 

Gregg WIlliams has a mandate to prove Maye = 33

and McDougald is literally the replacement 

he's going to have to wait until one of them gets injured to play but he's better than the butt hurdle 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Would you clean house if the choice was yours? Start completely over.

I know you're not asking me but what exactly are you building on here?  There are no players are signed beyond 2021 and every single player on the team needs to be upgraded outside of LT.  Literally, every single position on the team needs to be flipped over in the next 2 years.  

There is no starting over, they havent left the starting line.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fair but they played rookies/inexperienced players last year and they do to an extent this year, more than likely, they're just not very good therefore, cant beat out said veteran.

Sure, but I still want to give everyone in this rookie class more than 4 games to get on the field and contribute. 

Andy Reid let Mahomes sit on the bench until week 17 of his rookie year before letting him start a game.

These guys still have a lot of time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I know you're not asking me but what exactly are you building on here?  There are no players are signed beyond 2021 and every single player on the team needs to be upgraded outside of LT.  Literally, every single position on the team needs to be flipped over in the next 2 years.  

There is no starting over, they havent left the starting line.

I meant fire both the coach and GM.