Jets HC Search Already in Trouble (Matt Miller)

On 10/8/2020 at 12:08 PM, SAR I said:

Want proof?

This has been going on with the Jets since 2000.  We always get the bottom-of-the barrel guy, always have a GM or HC or both that no one else would want.  In order to stop the hamster-wheel we are stuck on, ownership had to make a conscious decision to pick a HC/GM combo who like each other, will work together as partners, and are on the same schedule. 

We have that now.  Give them a chance to succeed.  1 draft and 1.25 seasons facing catastrophic injuries isn't enough time for AG and JD to show us anything.

SAR I

And that's where you are wrong.  They are not on the same schedule.  We have no clue whether they like each other.  Remember how much Rex and Idzik claimed to like each other?  So far, they have not shown any indication of "working together as partners" other than they both have important jobs in the same organization and have said some pleasant things about each other.  Please provide anything specific to support these bold claims.  Maybe we have that now and mabe we don't.  I see no evidence of it.  And since they each report to the same boss, there is always the likelihood that they turn on each other just as has happpenned on the Jets in every single regime since Tannenbaum was replaced by Idzik.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Douglas and only Joe Douglas can change this......

New HC's do not want to come to the Jets because there's never any talent on the team. This team has raised drafting useless hacks to an art form.

That ONLY changes when Douglas starts bringing in talented young players. All of a sudden when there's young Harris, Revis, Washington, Mangold, Ferguson, all of a sudden the thought of coaching young TALENTED kids like that mixed with a healthy FA crop looks quite attractive.

It's actually quite common sense driven.......

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I mostly agree. They hate paying ex-HCs (or GMs). They are the poster children for the sunken cost fallacy.

But they did axe Bowles with 2 years remaining. They pay him through the end of this season--there is some undisclosed cost-split with the Bucs because Bowles' contract had an off-set provision, as I understand.

So I do believe they will fire Gase. But we may have to wait to the end of the year. At least then the lucky sperm bros are only paying one ex-HC to do nothing at a time.

If they don’t like it, stop hiring sh*tty HCs

• Upvote 2

On 10/8/2020 at 10:38 AM, WowOhWow said:

Lots of draft capital.  No where to go but up.  Potential #1 pick.  Potential stud LT. A fanbase that if you win here you will be a hero for all eternity.

If a coach doesn't want this job then we don't want him.  No punks allowed.  It's going to take the right personality to win here.  Coming in scared isn't it.

Same goes for my lowly Knicks....take’s a special kind of personality (Parcells, Rex, Riley, Van Gundy) to handle everything that comes with the job here with these NY franchises

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Same goes for my lowly Knicks....take’s a special kind of personality (Rex, Riley, Van Gundy) to handle everything that comes with the job here with these NY franchises

Also takes talent....which the Knicks sadly haven’t had in about 20 years.

• Sympathy 1

On 10/8/2020 at 10:38 AM, Augustiniak said:

agree about firing gase now.  it sends a message if nothing else.  

Agree about firing Gase because I believe if anyone is horrible at their job they should be fired, at any position. Can't do it? Then get out.