Interesting comment by Gase on practices

T0mShane

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Interesting because Gase was alleged to run hard practices in Miami and he’s run a pretty soft camp here. I presumed that was just Gase changing up to soften his hardo image, but maybe it’s been the philosophy of the Jets training staff. Now, Gase sees that these dudes are injured anyway so he’s like “eff the analytics nerds.”

On 10/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, jgb said:

Soft practices are better according to sports scientists? Lol. Fake news. Steel is forged in fire. Beat these players like mules.

"Fire you say...  Hmm, they WOULD run faster if I set them on fire.  Doesn't hurt to try I guess.  Can't be worse that what I've been doing already." - Adam Gase 2020, moments before (further) disaster. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2020 at 4:05 PM, Sonny Werblin said:

So, he decides now to "take matters into his own hands". What a great leader. What was he doing before?

He had a thumb on one those hands . . . somewhere in the direction the Jets aren't headed? I don't know, I'm spitballing here. 

On 10/8/2020 at 8:52 AM, T0mShane said:

Interesting because Gase was alleged to run hard practices in Miami and he’s run a pretty soft camp here. I presumed that was just Gase changing up to soften his hardo image, but maybe it’s been the philosophy of the Jets training staff. Now, Gase sees that these dudes are injured anyway so he’s like “eff the analytics nerds.”

With all the injuries we are having the first thing this bozo should do is realize that whoever is feeding him "sports science" is incompetent and needs to be fired. Holy hell! Soft practices lead to soft and injured players. FFS there is a reason teams used to do 2-a days.