Chris Johnson, It Is You...

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Who has made fans of this team embarrassed to admit their allegiance to the green and white  Like most billionaires, I'm sure you minimize the vitriol towards you and your brother as jealously of your fortune.  While some of that may be true, there are billionaire owners who are admired and loved by their fanbase.  You are not among them.  You have lost any ounce of respect from your fans.  It is you who has:

• Made shotgun marriages between GM and coaches and head coaches and assistant coaches.  Never once has any of these arrangements worked out.  NOT ONCE.
  • Taken advice from headhunters, accountants and lawyers on critical hires.
  • Allowed a GM to spend $130mm on free agents and run the entire draft only to fire him 10 minutes later after admitting you were away from the team for too long.
  • Had potential HC hires walk away because you would have forced their assistant coaches on them.
  • Created a reporting structure which puts you in the middle of all critical football decisions.

And because off all of your horrible decisions, we are once again at a crossroads.  And because these decisions are solely in your hands, even the most loyal Jets fans are skeptical that your next decision will be better than any decision you have ever made. 

Often GMs are in place and HCs are then hired, also happens the other way around. That JD was a Gase suggestion that they get along and can work together is all that counts.  Only problem is Gase cant seem to coach, which has nothing to do with the process of being brought in, JD may have brought him in for all you know

CJ never took advice from a head hunter.  Wrong guy.  Of course the last HC was suggested by two HOF GMs to Woody.  Asking for help, admitting you need help isnt a crime.  Its what some also cry about, that the Johnsons dont know football, like any owner does.  If they made a bad hire on their own we'd cry that they dont know football.  Go to two HOF GMs, complain.  Damned if you do, damned if you dont....

Yes, should have fired Macc with Bowles, hes admitted the mistake and swears hes learned his lesson, we'll see.

No one knows the reporting structure, both structures have their backers, we're not the only team to use the model Woody preferred, which at one time was reported was abandoned by CJ.  Who cares, the argument is silly.

CJ has made two hires, Gase and JD.  One terrible and other a fan favorite up until now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Who has made fans of this team embarrassed to admit their allegiance to the green and white  Like most billionaires, I'm sure you minimize the vitriol towards you and your brother as jealously of your fortune.  While some of that may be true, there are billionaire owners who are admired and loved by their fanbase.  You are not among them.  You have lost any ounce of respect from your fans.  It is you who has:

• Made shotgun marriages between GM and coaches and head coaches and assistant coaches.  Never once has any of these arrangements worked out.  NOT ONCE.
  • Taken advice from headhunters, accountants and lawyers on critical hires.
  • Allowed a GM to spend $130mm on free agents and run the entire draft only to fire him 10 minutes later after admitting you were away from the team for too long.
  • Had potential HC hires walk away because you would have forced their assistant coaches on them.
  • Created a reporting structure which puts you in the middle of all critical football decisions.

And because off all of your horrible decisions, we are once again at a crossroads.  And because these decisions are solely in your hands, even the most loyal Jets fans are skeptical that your next decision will be better than any decision you have ever made. 

Ownership isn't going anywhere.  Either accept them, flaws and all, or find another football team to root for.  This is a form of entertainment, not a way of life.  If you don't like the show, change the channel.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ownership isn't going anywhere.  Either accept them, flaws and all, or find another football team to root for.  This is a form of entertainment, not a way of life.  If you don't like the show, change the channel.

SAR I

Listen up, everyone.  SAR is the arbiter of your sports fandom. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

"You're either with us or with the terrorists."

More like it doesn't matter either way.

The Johnson's are your owners and that is the end of that.  If you have a problem with a coach, a GM, or a player, have at it, complain all you want because those positions are fluid, they change all the time. 

But if you're outraged by your owners, forget it.  You've got the Johnson's for the next 30 years.  If you can't stomach that, go elsewhere.  Or scream into your pillow.  It has no constructive benefit here.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Doesn't have to be that way.

If minority stakeholders and sponsors can [attempt to] remove Dan Snyder and make him change the Washington Deadskins' name, we can have a similar coup. 

Activism in America, like everything else, only succeeds with corporate backing. You're a wealthy man, you should call MetLife, Anheuser Busch and SAP to put pressure on the Johnsons. 

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Listen up, everyone.  SAR is the arbiter of your sports fandom. 

Exactly right.  So stop your crying, accept your short-term pain, wait for the injured players to return, and see what the Jets look like as conceived back in July, not what this MASH unit looks like in October.

Last year, worked out well.  You all ran out of tears at 1-7 and you were rewarded with 6-2.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Often GMs are in place and HCs are then hired, also happens the other way around. That JD was a Gase suggestion that they get along and can work together is all that counts.  Only problem is Gase cant seem to coach, which has nothing to do with the process of being brought in, JD may have brought him in for all you know

CJ never took advice from a head hunter.  Wrong guy.  Of course the last HC was suggested by two HOF GMs.  Asking for help, admitting you need help isnt a crime.  If they made a bad hire on their own we'd cry they dont know football.  Damned if you do, damned if you dont....

Yes, should have fired Macc with Bowles, hes admitted the mistake and swears hes learned his lesson, we'll see.

No one knows the reporting structure, both structures have their backers, we're not the only team to use the model Woody preferred, which at one time was reported was abandoned by CJ.  Who cares, the argument is silly.

CJ has made two hires, Gase and JD.  One terrible and other a fan favorite.  

I stand corrected on Chris Johnson using headhunters.  That was the other Johnson.

Chris Johnson has only made two hires and has fired two and he made horrible moves when he did.  What the younger Johnson has done is badly handle the firing of Mac which has set the team back considerably.  And on that topic, it would have been one thing to say he needed more time to evaluate Mac's decisions (although everyone else on the planet was able to),  but to say he was away from the organization for an extended period is borderline criminal.  Has he learned from that?  We shall see.  Cleary he hasn't learned what to say at press conferences.  Instead of making a complete jackass of himself by praising Gaze, he simply should have said 'I expect more and I expect it soon'.  Could he not see that in the very near future those words would come back to haunt him?  Could he not realize that he made himself (and his team) a laughing stock throughout the league?

As for the reporting structure and asking for help, well that doesn't seem to be a strength of his either.  For every HOF QB praising Gaze, there were just as many (or more) NFL insiders telling him to stay the hell away from Adam's Gaze.  According to several reports, Mac had a big say in the hiring of Gaze.  So that means, he let Mac sign free agents, conduct the draft AND recommend Gaze.  All the more ridiculous to fire him several months later.  And now he will fire Gaze shortly after Gaze recommended Douglas who was given a six year contract.  Que the Pop Goes The Weasel music again!   

Chris (and Woody) Johnson have made a mockery of this team.  Full stop.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I stand corrected on Chris Johnson using headhunters.  That was the other Johnson.

Chris Johnson has only made two hires and has fired two and he made horrible moves when he did.  What the younger Johnson has done is badly handle the firing of Mac which has set the team back considerably.  And on that topic, it would have been one thing to say he needed more time to evaluate Mac's decisions (although everyone else on the planet was able to),  but to say he was away from the organization for an extended period is borderline criminal.  Has he learned from that?  We shall see.  Cleary he hasn't learned what to say at press conferences.  Instead of making a complete jackass of himself by praising Gaze, he simply should have said 'I expect more and I expect it soon'.  Could he not see that in the very near future those words would come back to haunt him?  Could he not realize that he made himself (and his team) a laughing stock throughout the league?

As for the reporting structure and asking for help, well that doesn't seem to be a strength of his either.  For every HOF QB praising Gaze, there were just as many (or more) NFL insiders telling him to stay the hell away from Adam's Gaze.  According to several reports, Mac had a big say in the hiring of Gaze.  So that means, he let Mac sign free agents, conduct the draft AND recommend Gaze.  All the more ridiculous to fire him several months later.  And now he will fire Gaze shortly after Gaze recommended Douglas who was given a six year contract.  Que the Pop Goes The Weasel music again!   

Chris (and Woody) Johnson have made a mockery of this team.  Full stop.

One hire out of two is pretty good in NFL circles.  Look around the league.  Hell Kraft hired how many HCs before he lucked into Belichick?  And he was said to be looking to fire him after year one.  Its not that easy 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One hire out of two is pretty good in NFL circles.  Look around the league.  Hell Kraft hired how many HCs before he lucked into Belichick?  And he was said to be looking to fire him after year one.  Its not that easy 

That's assuming that Douglas is the real deal.  He may be but we just don't know yet.  And if he's not, he's still going to be with this team for a long time before that mistake could be corrected.  And given the fact that he was highly recommended by Gaze, who is an utter failure, I remain skeptical.  

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

That's assuming that Douglas is the real deal.  He may be but we just don't know yet.  And if he's not, he's still going to be with this team for a long time before that mistake could be corrected.  And given the fact that he was highly recommended by Gaze, who is an utter failure, I remain skeptical.  

JD fails its on JD.  Not on the hire, the hire makes perfect sense.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ownership isn't going anywhere.  Either accept them, flaws and all, or find another football team to root for. 

One of the very rare times I have to agree with SAR.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is a form of entertainment, not a way of life.  If you don't like the show, change the channel.

SAR I

And that ended quickly. ?

This smug post, from a guy who posts here 16,000 times so far in just a few years.  Yeah, lol.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I like CJ. I think he’s trying to get out of the way. He’s made some bad decisions. Not firing Macc earlier, extending Bowles and Macc are mistakes but he made some good choices. After hiring Gase, he took input and realized that Macc was bad for the franchise. He fired Neil Glatt and redid the football ops section of the company. He hired a guy with good football pedigree and standing in the league when he hired JD. He’s staying hands off on JD’s actions and not reacting to the anti-Gase sentiment. If he fires Gase and allows JD a big part in the next hire then i can’t really ask for more from an owner.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Doesn't have to be that way.

If minority stakeholders and sponsors can [attempt to] remove Dan Snyder and make him change the Washington Deadskins' name, we can have a similar coup. 

Activism in America, like everything else, only succeeds with corporate backing. You're a wealthy man, you should call MetLife, Anheuser Busch and SAP to put pressure on the Johnsons. 

Dream sequence? 

Who are these minority stakeholders?  

MetLife is going to put pressure on the Johnsons?  How?  LOL, they could pull out, still pay up the 200 mil they signed for and watch the Johsons (and Mara/Tish) sell the naming rights to someone else for an even higher number.  

Bush pays the NFL, not the Jets

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I like CJ. I think he’s trying to get out of the way. He’s made some bad decisions. Not firing Macc earlier, extending Bowles and Macc are mistakes but he made some good choices. After hiring Gase, he took input and realized that Macc was bad for the franchise. He fired Neil Glatt and redid the football ops section of the company. He hired a guy with good football pedigree and standing in the league when he hired JD. He’s staying hands off on JD’s actions and not reacting to the anti-Gase sentiment. If he fires Gase and allows JD a big part in the next hire then i can’t really ask for more from an owner.

His idiotic presser a few weeks ago leaves me to believe he still can't get out of his own way.  "I expect a lot more and I expect it very soon", is all he should have said.

• Upvote 1

The Johnsons do respond to negative reaction from the fan base.  They buckled under the pressure and fired John Idzik before they wanted to.  I don't see them selling the team but they could submit to pressure from the league to clean up their act in the biggest market in America.  Time for the league to step in and help fix this mess.  They did it when the Giants hit rock bottom.  Time to save the Green and White.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Good grief. If Georgia frontierre can own a Super Bowl winning team why can’t chris or woody juohnson?  The Steelers we’re doormats under the Rooney’s. It took some time before the giants recovered from their glory years and that same ownership is presiding over another stretch of bad teams. Mecom suffered through decades of saints ineptitude.  The hunts didn’t have a lot of success with the chiefs after they won sb 4 until lately. Al Davis drove the raiders into the ground after getting to the sb in 2000. Ford has yet to have a consistently good team in Detroit. And so on.  The patsies had billy Sullivan and victor Liam before Kraft bought them.

the johnsons are getting way too much blame unless they actively interfere with the actual coaching and game planning.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No, I'm Spartacus!

i-am-spartacus-2298473.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

SAR said we were stuck with the Johnsons for 30 years. 

I am not seeing that.  Woody is 73 years old.  I think for estate planning, etc. purposes they will sell the team within the next 10 years.

Be prepared for the next era of Jets success.  They will finally hire someone real to run the team, do what it takes to be successful, and then sell the team at a top price.  

It could be wrong, but I am not seeing the Jets as being a Johnson family dynasty, like the Giants (who even sold half, with not good results), Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc.