Chris Johnson, It Is You...

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good grief. If Georgia frontierre can own a Super Bowl winning team why can’t chris or woody juohnson?  The Steelers we’re doormats under the Rooney’s. It took some time before the giants recovered from their glory years and that same ownership is presiding over another stretch of bad teams. Mecom suffered through decades of saints ineptitude.  The hunts didn’t have a lot of success with the chiefs after they won sb 4 until lately. Al Davis drove the raiders into the ground after getting to the sb in 2000. Ford has yet to have a consistently good team in Detroit. And so on.  The patsies had billy Sullivan and victor Liam before Kraft bought them.

the johnsons are getting way too much blame unless they actively interfere with the actual coaching and game planning.

Precisely, ranger.

And then they'll use the Mets new owner as an example of "the type of person the Jets want".  Really?  Another billionaire who is nothing more than a fan like us?  Please.

Here's what we know:  Every NFL owner, GM, and head coach is a f-cking idiot until they win it all.  Then they're suddenly geniuses.

SAR I

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

His idiotic presser a few weeks ago leaves me to believe he still can't get out of his own way.  "I expect a lot more and I expect it very soon", is all he should have said.

Meh. He showed a united front to the press and the fans. I don’t see the problem there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

So you don't see a problem with Chrissy saying he still thinks Gaze is a genius.  Interesting.

As opposed to a boss saying, “I may have called this person that plays a leadership role for my team a genius before but I realize now that he is not but he is going to remain in that leadership position.” 

• WTF? 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

johnsonfam.jpg

There's your future.  I bet they haven't missed a single snap their whole lives.

SAR I

This was what I was getting at in a way.  They are too young.  There will be too much of a gap between Woody getting old and the kids being ready to contribute.   And it’s not like Dad has built a successful franchise for the kids to succeed to, like the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers, 49ers, Bears, Giants, in varying extents.   

I see the Johnsons being like the Hess’ and dumping the team.  Mikey Hess looks like he is having fun with Grandpa’s money.   

But your pictures tell a good story.  The Johnsons do love their team, which makes how they run it even more surprising.    I used to live near Suzanne’s brother.   I don’t think I ever saw him or his family without a Jet hat.

Everyday this team loses fans.   It will bottom out one way or the other   

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ownership isn't going anywhere.  Either accept them, flaws and all, or find another football team to root for.  This is a form of entertainment, not a way of life.  If you don't like the show, change the channel.

SAR I

You should refrain from reading the complaints about the horrible ownership of this team.  It is well deserved.  They suck and are horrible owners. And the complaining here has only just begun.  Jets fans are rightfully fed up.  It's true that we can't change the imbeciles who own this team, but we can sure be loud about here and rant, rave as much as anyone wants.  Fasten your seat-belt.   If you don't want to hear it, then just shut your computer off and stop visiting here. 

In other words, SAR, If you don't like the show here, then change the channel.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Precisely, ranger.

And then they'll use the Mets new owner as an example of "the type of person the Jets want".  Really?  Another billionaire who is nothing more than a fan like us?  Please.

Here's what we know:  Every NFL owner, GM, and head coach is a f-cking idiot until they win it all.  Then they're suddenly geniuses.

SAR I

Except the Johnsons.  They are morons and will always be.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

No way in h*** this is what happens… these kids will be given this team in a trust fund you can count on that and bring it to the bank

This was what I was getting at in a way.  They are too young.  There will be too much of a gap between Woody getting old and the kids being ready to contribute.   And it’s not like Dad has built a successful franchise for the kids to succeed to, like the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers, 49ers, Bears, Giants, in varying extents.   
I see the Johnsons being like the Hess’ and dumping the team.  Mikey Hess looks like he is having fun with Grandpa’s money.   
But your pictures tell a good story.  The Johnsons do love their team, which makes how they run it even more surprising.    I used to live near Suzanne’s brother.   I don’t think I ever saw him or his family without a Jet hat.
Everyday this team loses fans.   It will bottom out one way or the other   

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You should refrain from reading the complaints about the horrible ownership of this team.  It is well deserved.  They suck and are horrible owners. And the complaining here has only just begun.  Jets fans are rightfully fed up.  It's true that we can't change the imbeciles who own this team, but we can sure be loud about here and rant, rave as much as anyone wants.  Fasten your seat-belt.   If you don't want to hear it, then just shut your computer off and stop visiting here. 

In other words, SAR, If you don't like the show here, then change the channel.

Believe me, there's so much negativity here the thought has crossed my mind.  But there are a few intelligent types here who get that what we are going through is necessary and are showing the right amount of patience with ownership and certainly leniency towards our poor head coach, so there's some balance.

Many fans, however, don't have any balance.  Take no joy in the Jets at all.  And simply don't believe and don't see any silver lining with the Johnson's and should make the decision to move on to another sport or another team.  If one is that down on them and that bitter after 20 years, why spend the next 20 years just as miserable when they're the last 20 you're likely ever going to get?  The Patriots are rebuilding, the Giants always break through, the Bills are in the same geographic state, it's the perfect time to jump ship to a team whose ownership doesn't make you rage this way.

SAR I

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Believe me, there's so much negativity here the thought has crossed my mind.  But there are a few intelligent types here who get that what we are going through is necessary and are showing the right amount of patience with ownership and certainly leniency towards our poor head coach, so there's some balance.

Many fans, however, don't have any balance.  Take no joy in the Jets at all.  And simply don't believe and don't see any silver lining with the Johnson's and should make the decision to move on to another sport or another team.  If one is that down on them and that bitter after 20 years, why spend the next 20 years just as miserable when they're the last 20 you're likely ever going to get?  The Patriots are rebuilding, the Giants always break through, the Bills are in the same geographic state, it's the perfect time to jump ship to a team whose ownership doesn't make you rage this way.

SAR I

Do not criticize Jets fans for being impatient.  Jets fans have had the patience of a saint for the last several decades.

This ownership has continually bungled the management of the Jets since the day Woody took the team.  20+ years and you say Jets fans need to be patient. LOL

No, we don't.  This place is going to be vituperative towards your beloved Johnson morons so changing the channel is probably a wise move if it is going to upset or anger you.

• Upvote 1

SAR 1's statement speaks volumes about him and other like-minded Jet fans: "Last year worked out well...you were rewarded with 6-2." (After 1-7 start).

If you think that last year worked out well and believe that you were rewarded by the Jets in 2019, that's fine for you.  I am not going to argue.  However, I am old enough to remember when the Jets won the biggest game in the history of American professional football.  I remember the Sack Exchange.  I remember excellence.  Unless I get that, I cannot be satisfied.  When 7-9 and elimination from playoff contention in October constitutes a reward, I stop being a fan.

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Do not criticize Jets fans for being impatient.  Jets fans have had the patience of a saint for the last several decades.

Jets fans deserve criticism for being impatient as relates to this head coach.  Big picture, of course, Jets fans are #2 in the NFL in attendance, we are a proud and loyal group, go us.  But after a decade of begging ownership to "do it the right way" like successful teams do and hiring a GM and HC that are friends and have a great working partnership they want to fire half the tandem after 1.25 seasons and 1 draft?  With all these unprecedented injuries?  That's a joke.  That's knee-jerk nonsense.  That's the media playing them like savants.

This ownership has continually bungled the management of the Jets since the day Woody took the team.  20+ years and you say Jets fans need to be patient. LOL

They are trying to do it right this time and it takes patience.  49er fans were just as miserable when Kyle Shanahan followed up his awful 6-10 season with a 4-12 season.  Ownership didn't listen to the screaming and the pouting, they ignored the planes and the billboards and they were NFC Champions the next year.

No, we don't.  This place is going to be vituperative towards your beloved Johnson morons so changing the channel is probably a wise move if it is going to upset or anger you.

I don't "love" the Johnsons.  But I respect what Christopher is trying to do, and I am giving the team the next 4 years to deliver.  I don't want another GM or another HC until 2024.  I want to see the Jets do it "the right way" and stop the revolving door of fan-fueled knee-jerk overreaction for once.  That's what I buy into.  And that's what you guys have to buy into too or just take a hike.  

It makes absolutely no sense to make yourself miserable over a form of entertainment.  I hate the opera.  If I spent $5,000 a year to watch the opera 8x a year in person and 8x a year on TV and had nothing but 20 years of rage over the performers and their director, that makes me the idiot, not them.  Stop writing checks.  Stop watching games.  Make yourself happy immediately.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets fans deserve criticism for being impatient as relates to this head coach.  Big picture, of course, Jets fans are #2 in the NFL in attendance, we are a proud and loyal group, go us.  But after a decade of begging ownership to "do it the right way" like successful teams do and hiring a GM and HC that are friends and have a great working partnership they want to fire half the tandem after 1.25 seasons and 1 draft?  That's a joke.  That's knee-jerk nonsense.  That's the media playing them like savants.

They are trying to do it right this time and it takes patience.  49er fans were just as miserable when Kyle Shanahan followed up his awful 6-10 season with a 4-12 season.  Ownership didn't listen to the screaming and the pouting, they ignored the planes and the billboards and they were NFC Champions the next year.

I don't "love" the Johnsons.  But I respect what Christopher is trying to do, and I am giving the team the next 4 years to deliver.  I don't want another GM or another HC until 2024.  I want to see the Jets do it "the right way" and stop the revolving door of fan-fueled knee-jerk overreaction for once.  That's what I buy into.  And that's what you guys have to buy into too or just take a hike.  

It makes absolutely no sense to make yourself miserable over a form of entertainment.  I hate the opera.  If I spent $5,000 a year to watch the opera 8x a year in person and 8x a year on TV and had nothing but 20 years of rage over the performers and their director, that makes me the idiot, not them.  Stop writing checks.  Stop watching games.  Make yourself happy immediately.

SAR I

you need to stop blaming Jets fans for all this.  Blame the Johnsons. They created this. Not the fans.  The fans deservedly are angry.  They have been patient since Woody Johnson bought the team and to no avail.  Woody Johnson is truly bottom 5 in ownership in all of USA professional sports.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you need to stop blaming Jets fans for all this.  Blame the Johnsons. They created this. Not the fans.  The fans deservedly are angry.  They have been patient since Woody Johnson bought the team and to no avail.  Woody Johnson is truly bottom 5 in ownership in all of USA professional sports.

I do blame the Johnson's for what happened between 2012 and 2018, most definitely.  Being fooled by Rex Ryan and getting rid of a cap genius, an outstanding offensive coordinator, and a potential franchise quarterback so they could keep that blowhard was the worst decision of our lives, bar none.  Seven years of hell ever since.  Dumpster fire.

But that's in the past now.  And 2019 forward is a clean slate for our new CEO Christopher Johnson.  And I respect how he has cleaned house, how he has shed bad cap investments, and how he has corrected the weed culture, and has the team focused on winning.  That dysfunction from Woody's time here is almost gone now.  Instead of lazy guys on early retirement collecting paychecks, we're trying to find high character types who play harder than their contract says they should.  And instead of a revolving door of coaches and GM's, we're sticking with a pair for awhile to get it right this time.

And I'm onboard with a rebuild, it's long overdue.  My Yankees and Rangers announced the same thing, I bought in there, and it took the Yankees two years and the Rangers three years to become relevant again.  But the Yankees and Rangers were starting at a higher level as perennial playoff teams.  The Jets were rock bottom when the rebuild started, so it is going to take longer.

And that's what I mean about "entitlement" and "patience".  We are not entitled to a fast turnaround, sorry, the Idzik/Maccagnan damage is just too deep.  Likewise, we don't get a chance to judge our head coach until we've seen him with a properly constructed roster that's not devastated by injuries.  Sucks, but that's how it is.  Douglas needs 2-3 years to fix the roster, Gase needs 2-3 years to coach those guys and show us whether or not he is the right guy. 

And if you're not onboard for that it's going to be 3 years of misery.  So get onboard.  You've shown great loyalty to the Jets for the past 40 years.  Do it again.  That's what a great fan would do right now.  See the big picture, take a breath, and see if by doing it the right way it actually produces great results.  I think it will.

SAR I

I can see the Johnsons doing something dreadfully stupid like firing both Gase and Douglas simply because they took so much heat for not firing Macc along with Bowles they might look at it as the "right thing to do" because they failed the first time. Yes they are that dumb silver spoon mother****ers.

The right thing to do is to keep Gase in place, lose just about every remaining game fire Gase at seasons end, have JD do a coaching search before the draft and let him take full charge of all football operations.

@SAR I, with every post, tries to justify his desire to burn money watching a crappy team.

Posting on this forum serves as his coping mechanism. 

Not everybody else is as invested, you gotta allow them to be critical!! Respect isn't given unconditionally, it has to be earned. How many losing seasons this decade? It's the worst sequence of results in recent Jets history. 

20 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

So you don't see a problem with Chrissy saying he still thinks Gaze is a genius.  Interesting.

I don’t have a Problem making a statement that every owner would make trying to sound like all is well publicly.  Doesn’t mean he’s not putting pressure on Gase.  Why do you think public support is referred to as the kiss of death?

And if you listened instead of getting upset about the Gase comments, you would notice he brought up not firing Macc earlier and said he would never make that mistake again. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kdels62 said:

As opposed to a boss saying, “I may have called this person that plays a leadership role for my team a genius before but I realize now that he is not but he is going to remain in that leadership position.” 

As opposed to saying "I expect more from this team and I expect it soon".  Direct.  Simple.  Doesn't make you look like a jackass when you have to fire the genius.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I do blame the Johnson's for what happened between 2012 and 2018, most definitely.  Being fooled by Rex Ryan and getting rid of a cap genius, an outstanding offensive coordinator, and a potential franchise quarterback so they could keep that blowhard was the worst decision of our lives, bar none.  Seven years of hell ever since.  Dumpster fire.

But that's in the past now.  And 2019 forward is a clean slate for our new CEO Christopher Johnson.  And I respect how he has cleaned house, how he has shed bad cap investments, and how he has corrected the weed culture, and has the team focused on winning.  That dysfunction from Woody's time here is almost gone now.  Instead of lazy guys on early retirement collecting paychecks, we're trying to find high character types who play harder than their contract says they should.  And instead of a revolving door of coaches and GM's, we're sticking with a pair for awhile to get it right this time.

And I'm onboard with a rebuild, it's long overdue.  My Yankees and Rangers announced the same thing, I bought in there, and it took the Yankees two years and the Rangers three years to become relevant again.  But the Yankees and Rangers were starting at a higher level as perennial playoff teams.  The Jets were rock bottom when the rebuild started, so it is going to take longer.

And that's what I mean about "entitlement" and "patience".  We are not entitled to a fast turnaround, sorry, the Idzik/Maccagnan damage is just too deep.  Likewise, we don't get a chance to judge our head coach until we've seen him with a properly constructed roster that's not devastated by injuries.  Sucks, but that's how it is.  Douglas needs 2-3 years to fix the roster, Gase needs 2-3 years to coach those guys and show us whether or not he is the right guy. 

And if you're not onboard for that it's going to be 3 years of misery.  So get onboard.  You've shown great loyalty to the Jets for the past 40 years.  Do it again.  That's what a great fan would do right now.  See the big picture, take a breath, and see if by doing it the right way it actually produces great results.  I think it will.

SAR I

Rah, rah, sis boom bah!  Go SORE I!!!

male cheerleader.jpg

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

@SAR I, with every post, tries to justify his desire to burn money watching a crappy team.

LOL, the oldest discussion forum cliché in the book.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  And it's not burning money when you have a wife and kids who love to go to games and fans all around you who you consider friends.  Winning is better than losing, but it's a fun day at the ballpark even if we lose.

Posting on this forum serves as his coping mechanism. 

Another cliché.  Don't study psychology in school.  Stick to fast food.

Not everybody else is as invested, you gotta allow them to be critical!! Respect isn't given unconditionally, it has to be earned. How many losing seasons this decade? It's the worst sequence of results in recent Jets history. 

Predator March 2019:  "We need to do this the right way!  We need a GM and a HC on the same page, who like each other, who can tear down this crappy roster together and take the time needed to build us into a champion just like great franchises do it!"

Predator September 2020:  "I've waited long enough for this rebuild!  Fire Gase!  Dump Darnold!  Hot seat for Douglas!"

Now that I think about it, go back to psychology, business isn't for you.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

As opposed to saying "I expect more from this team and I expect it soon".  Direct.  Simple.  Doesn't make you look like a jackass when you have to fire the genius.

BettyBoob logic:

John Idzik never happened.

Mike Maccagnan never happened.

Injuries never happened.

Her comments about having 'the worst roster in the NFL' never happened.

Her prediction of 5-11 never happened.

"I expect a winner right now right now right now!  Fire everyone!  I'm angry!  Listen to me squeal!  I'm entitled to a winner right now right now right now!"

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL, the oldest discussion forum cliché in the book.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  And it's not burning money when you have a wife and kids who love to go to games and fans all around you who you consider friends.  Winning is better than losing, but it's a fun day at the ballpark even if we lose.

Another cliché.  Don't study psychology in school.  Stick to fast food.

Predator March 2019:  "We need to do this the right way!  We need a GM and a HC on the same page, who like each other, who can tear down this crappy roster together and build us into a champion just like great franchises do it!"

Predator September 2020:  "I've waited long enough for this rebuild!  Fire Gase!  Dump Darnold!  Hot seat for Douglas!"

Now that I think about it, go back to psychology, business isn't for you.

SAR I

My love for fried chicken isn't relevant here, i think you're going too far in justifying this franchise's failures. Results are currency in this business, and we're looking at our worst season in over a decade. Patience has limits, and i think we're well past the threshold. 

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

BettyBoob logic:

John Idzik never happened.

Mike Maccagnan never happened.

Injuries never happened.

Her comments about having 'the worst roster in the NFL' never happened.

Her prediction of 5-11 never happened.

"I expect a winner right now right now right now!  Fire everyone!  I'm angry!  Listen to me squeal!  I'm entitled to a winner right now right now right now!"

SAR I

You, you, you're good!

You, you.gif

41 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

My love for fried chicken isn't relevant here, i think you're going too far in justifying this franchise's failures. Results are currency in this business, and we're looking at our worst season in over a decade. Patience has limits, and i think we're well past the threshold. 

There are two narratives at present:  1) We have been terrible for a decade I hate our owner and 2) I don't like Adam Gase.

The antidote for both issues is exactly the same:  We need an owner that has a GM and HC that are in sync and we need to give all of them the time to get the job done.

You running around screaming about #1 and #2 as if the two aren't connected and part of the solution to the problem is a colossal waste of time.  You can't want things fixed and done the right way and expect it to happen in 1.25 seasons.  That's assinine.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are two narratives at present:  1) We have been terrible for a decade I hate our owner and 2) I don't like Adam Gase.

The antidote for both issues is exactly the same:  We need an owner that has a GM and HC that are in sync and we need to give all of them the time to get the job done.

You running around screaming about #1 and #2 as if the two aren't connected and part of the solution to the problem is a colossal waste of time.  You can't want things fixed and done the right way and expect it to happen in 1.25 seasons.  That's assinine.

SAR I

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more idiotic...

Baby.gif