Chris Johnson, It Is You...

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

There are two narratives at present:  1) We have been terrible for a decade I hate our owner and 2) I don't like Adam Gase.

The antidote for both issues is exactly the same:  We need an owner that has a GM and HC that are in sync and we need to give all of them the time to get the job done.

You running around screaming about #1 and #2 as if the two aren't connected and part of the solution to the problem is a colossal waste of time.  You can't want things fixed and done the right way and expect it to happen in 1.25 seasons.  That's assinine.

SAR I

I don't subscribe to any 'narrative'. I'm taking the other side of the argument, because i feel you are straw-manning the skeptics.

By what standard do we evaluate their performance? if it isn't results, then what is it? This is a professional organization, not some pee-wee amateur gig. 

Making personnel changes without broader structural reorganization is the business equivalent of putting a band-aid on a broken leg. Gase, like many of the coaching staff that preceded him, is a band-aid.

He, along with the medical department in the back-office haven't been held accountable for the awful shape our players are currently in. How is it possible that so many players are injured or out of shape? Is it the training regimen, or are the back-office not able to rehabilitate? Do we need a new strength and conditioning program? It would appear so. There's so much to criticize. It's easy to say that things would be different if 'everybody was healthy', but somebody has to be held responsible for the substandard fitness of these players.

This is unlike ANY year in recent Jets history, even when you factor in the pandemic; having so many injuries at critical positions is unheard of. It cannot be used as an excuse to justify amateurish performances, it is the cause of these performances. 

Douglas, i have a lot of faith in, and but his connection with Gase is, like anything, subject to results. Douglas as a GM, has overhauled scouting and made rational draft picks, while accumulating draft capital and cleaning house. But that's one side of the organization. The other side; led by Gase on the field, is incompetent, and i judge them by the results, which are abysmal. Even beyond the box score, the manner of the defeats are shocking; these are amateurish displays, with little sign of improvement. 

I'm not unreasonable. A part of me believes that maybe this is 'as good as it gets'. As stated before, nobody wants to coach the Jets, and the 'fashionable' coaching candidates are out of reach. So i might join your train of thought.

But the skepticism is still warranted. Sports fans are fickle by nature, but many of these criticisms are not knee-jerk, they are extremely valid. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

you need to stop blaming Jets fans for all this.  Blame the Johnsons. They created this. Not the fans.  The fans deservedly are angry.  They have been patient since Woody Johnson bought the team and to no avail.  Woody Johnson is truly bottom 5 in ownership in all of USA professional sports.

Of course.

The preposterous premise is that football fans don't like football if someone who doesn't like opera doesn't attend the opera.

The correct analogy for opera is you LOVE opera, have been a loyal patron of your local opera house since forever -- and for some years now each performance is touted as getting better, only to find out it's still starting tone deaf singers going through pubescent voice changes. Meanwhile opera houses around the country -- well yeah, some have poor performances now & then, but they're not bad 9 out of 10 years with the 1 exception year being just ok. 

The Jets are now the 1990s Bengals. Except even their fans had some fairly recent memories of at least seeing their team in the Super Bowl - twice - since the Beatles split up. 

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well as long as both you and SAR agree, then I guess what choice do the rest of us have?

It is decree.  The Johnson family is not allowed to be criticized.

You can criticize them all you want , its not going to do you any good , but have at it , if it makes you feel better, 

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I can only hope the elder child got his name from one DaBrickshaw Ferguson. 

Typical Johnson move... having children in his 60's.  What a ****kin out of touch douche he is.

Does anyone in their right mind think she would be with him even if he made 250K a year?

HE IS A DOUCH!!!  Chris is worse.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Typical Johnson move... having children in his 60's.  What a ****kin out of touch douche he is.

Does anyone in their right mind think she would be with him even if he made 250K a year?

HE IS A DOUCH!!!  Chris is worse.

At least he’s letting the kid take his name unlike Bob Kraft and his Bastid child. 

• Haha 1