A Solution For Jets Fans - Expansion Team In NJ

12 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Does this mean McCagnan should come back ?

mccagnancoffee.thumb.jpg.8ed472c2fd28dd35433a3a97fadaae8c.jpg

Select LanguageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrish*talianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKinyarwandaKoreanKurdish (Kurmanji)KyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianOdia (Oriya)PashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTatarTeluguThaiTurkishTurkmenUkrainianUrduUyghurUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
Powered by Google TranslateTranslate

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2020 Good Health All

flex_close.png

16 hours ago, billo83 said:

A better idea would be for the NFL to force the Johnsons to sell the team, and as a reward they could own the expansion team. As an expansion team, it would be expected that they would be winless, rudderless, and have a complete lack of talent - so no difference there for the Johnsons. The team nickname can be the NJ Dumb and Dumbers, or the NJ Incompetents - a direct reflection of the owners.

The New Jersey Silver Spoons :D 

16 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Here is a solution for Jets fans.

You can divest from the laughing stock of the NFL and become a fan of an expansion team.

Since NJ is pretty much the NY media market and has lots and lots of money, I think a true NJ based team would do well for the NFL.  There would be no shortage of eager new fans.  

I for one would GLADLY ditch the Jets that will forever be the green rectum of the NFL and move my fandom to a true NJ team.

What would be a good name and uni for a NJ team ???

If the Jets were to be contracted, and an expansion team created, there is absolutely no chance the NY/NJ region would get that team.

Don't presume for a second that just because a market is quite big, it's worth having two NFL teams there.  New Jersey would (and should) lose out to multiple superior locations.  

P.S. You already have two true "New Jersey Teams", the Jets and Giants.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If the Jets were to be contracted, and an expansion team created, there is absolutely no chance the NY/NJ region would get that team.

Don't presume for a second that just because a market is quite big, it's worth having two NFL teams there.  New Jersey would (and should) lose out to multiple superior locations.  

P.S. You already have two true "New Jersey Teams", the Jets and Giants.

Superior locations ??? What would make any location superior other than the market potential ???

There is a good reason the NY/Tri-State area has the following.  I guarantee you, if the NFL added a team in NJ, there would be more immediate support and fan base than most any other place in the country.  

1. Jets

2. Giants

3. Mets

4. Yanks

5. Rangers

6. Islanders

7. Devils

8. Knicks

10. Nets.

11. Room for one more. 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Superior locations ??? What would make any location superior other than the market potential ???

There is a good reason the NY/Tri-State area has the following.  I guarantee you, if the NFL added a team in NJ, there would be more immediate support and fan base than most any other place in the country.  

1. Jets

2. Giants

3. Mets

4. Yanks

5. Rangers

6. Islanders

7. Devils

8. Knicks

10. Nets.

11. Room for one more. 

There are many things I would enjoy debating, this isn't one of them.  Believe whatever you like.

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There are many things I would enjoy debating, this isn't one of them.  Believe whatever you like.

Sure... Take your ball and go home...  The NYC Tri-State Metro area has the population, wealth and consumption of a country in itself.  

18 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The New Jersey Dumb Threads

Please don't turn this into another debate on whether the new uniforms (new jerseys) would look better than the Jets' current ones (dumb threads). 

Side note: it is very difficult to reply to this post trying to make a joke about our new jerseys being dumb threads without causing confusion with New Jersey. 

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Sure... Take your ball and go home... 

As opposed to actively debating this truly stupid hypothetical that starts with something that isn't going to happen (the Jets being contracted)?

Yes.  I'm taking my ball and going home. ?

What's next, you gonna call me "yella" or "chicken"?  I'm not Marty McFly mate.  Not quite so easily triggered, lol.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As opposed to actively debating this truly stupid hypothetical that starts with something that isn't going to happen (the Jets being contracted)?

Yes.  I'm taking my ball and going home. ?

What's next, you gonna call me "yella" or "chicken"?  I'm not Marty McFly mate.  Not quite so easily triggered, lol.

Adding a new NFL team in NJ has nothing to do with the Jets other than disgusted Jets fans having a new team to migrate to.  In 1982 when the Devils came to NJ (the Rockies) many Ranger and Islander fans that resided in NJ became stalwart Devils fans.  

Again.  I know it is not likely, but NJ would offer the NFL one of the best possible markets to host an expansion franchise. 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Adding a new NFL team in NJ has nothing to do with the Jets other than disgusted Jets fans having a new team to migrate to.  In 1982 when the Devils came to NJ (the Rockies) many Ranger and Islander fans that resided in NJ became stalwart Devils fans.  

Again.  I know it is not likely, but NJ would offer the NFL one of the best possible markets to host an expansion franchise. 

Oh, so you think New York City should have three NFL Teams. :-k

Got ya.  Good luck with that.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh, so you think New York City should have three NFL Teams. :-k

Got ya.  Good luck with that.

NY has three teams.  One based in NY State and two based in NYC.  The two teams based in NYC play their games in NJ.  The team based in NY State plays their games in NY State.  There are no NFL teams that are based in NJ.

Of course, you already knew that.

So... Let's hear it for the NJ Sewer Rats !!!

19 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

NY has three teams.  One based in NY State and two based in NYC.  The two teams based in NYC play their games in NJ.  The team based in NY State plays their games in NY State.  There are no NFL teams that are based in NJ.

Of course, you already knew that.

So... Let's hear it for the NJ Sewer Rats !!!

Neither the Jets nor Giants are "based" in New York.  They're both New Jersey based teams located near enough to the City to claim it.

And no one on earth thinks of the Bills as a "New York" team, despite being in the State of New York.  

I feel comfortable saying that New Jersey (the State, outside of it's association as a suburb of NYC) will never get an NFL team. 

I feel comfortable saying that if the NFL were to expand, they wouldn't even consider New Jersey/New York.

But as Steven Tyler sang, "dream on" if you like.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Neither the Jets nor Giants are "based" in New York.  They're both New Jersey based teams located near enough to the City to claim it.

And no one on earth thinks of the Bills as a "New York" team, despite being in the State of New York.  

I feel comfortable saying that New Jersey (the State, outside of it's association as a suburb of NYC) will never get an NFL team. 

I feel comfortable saying that if the NFL were to expand, they wouldn't even consider New Jersey/New York.

But as Steven Tyler sang, "dream on" if you like.

Exemplary logic.  "no one on earth thinks of the Bills as a "New York team"  

but I guess everyone calls the Jets the New Jersey Jets and of course, we all call the Giants the New Jersey Giants.

The Jets even have NEW YORK on their jersey in case you missed that... 

Thank you for supporting my point, QED. 

Jets and Giants are well known to be New York teams.  That's why they are referred to as NY Jets and NY Giants even if they play their games in a nearby swamp.

I can think of a few towns in NJ that should be bull dozed over and reclaimed as something constructive.  Plenty of room for another stadium. 

ADDED... But like you say, correctly and logically...  the NFL will not put another team in the NY Tri-State area.  It will be a place like Mexico City or perhaps even Alaska or HI.  Maybe even Woody's new home town in London.  

1 hour ago, Pavlito said:

I am so tired of this team.  40 years for me.  40!!!  I live 3000 miles away and have had the ticket for 20 years and dammit I am so sick of feeling like sh*t after games! I don’t even care anymore!!!!

rant over

I understand fully.  I'd love for a new NFL team to come to NJ and be called a NJ team.  Start fresh as a fan with a new local team to follow. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Exemplary logic.  "no one on earth thinks of the Bills as a "New York team"  

but I guess everyone calls the Jets the New Jersey Jets and of course, we all call the Giants the New Jersey Giants.

The Jets even have NEW YORK on their jersey in case you missed that... 

Thank you for supporting my point, QED. 

Jets and Giants are well known to be New York teams.  That's why they are referred to as NY Jets and NY Giants even if they play their games in a nearby swamp.

I can think of a few towns in NJ that should be bull dozed over and reclaimed as something constructive.  Plenty of room for another stadium. 

ADDED... But like you say, correctly and logically...  the NFL will not put another team in the NY Tri-State area.  It will be a place like Mexico City or perhaps even Alaska or HI.  Maybe even Woody's new home town in London.  

Cool story bro.