GreekJets keys to victory

GreekJet

1) Protect Joe Flacco! The Cardinals defense has struggled all year with their first round pick Simmons a non factor. If the Jets can protect Flacco he should have a big day throwing the football. 

2) Defense must keep the ball in front of them. Carolina did this exceptionally well against Arizona. Don’t sit back in zone and let them pick you apart. Challenge them and play their receivers tight. 

3) Take deep shots-You finally have a QB who can accurately throw a deep ball

Prediction:

Jets-27

Cards-34 

The offense will do well against this defense. Flacco is very much the type of QB Gase works well with and I fully expect him to move ball. For the first time since he took over as HC we will see exactly how his offense is supposed. On defense the Jets will continue to struggle and Murray and Hopkins light them up. 

7 hours ago, GreekJet said:

1) Protect Joe Flacco! The Cardinals defense has struggled all year with their first round pick Simmons a non factor. If the Jets can protect Flacco he should have a big day throwing the football. 

2) Defense must keep the ball in front of them. Carolina did this exceptionally well against Arizona. Don’t sit back in zone and let them pick you apart. Challenge them and play their receivers tight. 

3) Take deep shots-You finally have a QB who can accurately throw a deep ball

Prediction:

Jets-27

Cards-34 

The offense will do well against this defense. Flacco is very much the type of QB Gase works well with and I fully expect him to move ball. For the first time since he took over as HC we will see exactly how his offense is supposed. On defense the Jets will continue to struggle and Murray and Hopkins light them up. 

If you are picking the Jets to lose then is this really a Jets key to victory thread? If I was Joe Flacco? Honestly? My feelings would be hurt, just saying. 

15 hours ago, Philc1 said:

1. Ignore Gase’s offensive playcalls

2. Ignore Gase’s offensive playcalls.

3. Ignore Gase’s offensive playcalls

i'm not sure this is true.  i just watched Sabo's you tube and he pointed out how darnold was missing open receivers.  even on that gore wheel route there were receivers open but darnold went to the wrong route.  this isn't letting gase off the hook since he's the coach but he doesn't make darnold's decisions.

Probably going to be a blowout in favor of not-the-Jets. JN will be fun next week, though. Sneak preview: “Even a super bowl MVP can’t win with these weapons [insert massive logic gap] This proves Darnold can be elite with more weapz.”

• Haha 1

This is a bit of a trap game for them.  They’ve also looked vulnerable quite a lot this season.  The flip side is they’ve lost a few they should have won, and are probably pissed and looking to rectify their season ASAP.

i think it will be closer than people think, but it’s hard to see a win here..

On 10/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, rangerous said:

i'm not sure this is true.  i just watched Sabo's you tube and he pointed out how darnold was missing open receivers.  even on that gore wheel route there were receivers open but darnold went to the wrong route.  this isn't letting gase off the hook since he's the coach but he doesn't make darnold's decisions.

That play was designed with Gore as the intended first progression.  Sam was executing it as directed by the Gasbag

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

That play was designed with Gore as the intended first progression.  Sam was executing it as directed by the Gasbag

We can take that both ways.  The thing is it’s not like the receivers aren’t getting open or even that darnold doesn’t have enough time. Gases plays must be doing something right. It’s hard to say if Gase has so intimidated the guy or if he’s just locking onto his first receiver.  Maybe sitting darnold down for a game or two will help him understand the game flow, especially if Flacco does a decent job.