I'm tired of hearing about Jamal Adams too, but....

AFJF

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

This contrast was too staggering to not share.

Over the course of the entire 2019 season, Jamal Adams allowed 150 receiving yards.

Through 4 games this season, he has allowed 137.

At least he won't be bored ... ;-) 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I haven't really watched any Seahawks games but:

-How much more is he being used in coverage?

-Does one think that maybe the fact that the Seahawks have been in more "competitive" games than the Jets, that teams may actually have to pass more against them?

One thing I do know for sure, the Jets defense has not been better without Adams.

And this is not tos say that trading Adams was a bad thing, just be careful in cherry picked stats.

So far they have won with him and without him. Not a cherry picked stat just an observation by a fat man. 

• Upvote 3

Imagine if the Seahawks decided to not pay Jamal and let him walk. No franchise tag either. Just let him walk á la Sheldon Richardson.Then Jamal Adams signs with the Jets who just hired Jim Harbaugh. Jamal can say he helped turn the Jets franchise around getting all those 1st rd picks aka dogs, new coach who's an amazing orator, and plenty of cap space in 2021.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m 100000% cool with having the draft picks. He has not made Seattle’s D better when in the field.

Y’all need to accept that this year was never about winning. The contracts given to most of the OL FAs are easy-outs. Meaning they are hole plugs, but not long fixes... and that’s really the only place money was spent. 

Do I like it? No. Is that the reality? Yup.

The only point if this season is played and coach evaluation. So, giving reps to guys like Flacco and Gore is a gross disservice to the long-term strategy of building organically thru the draft.

Yep, at least Bowles was modestly competitive when he coached to save his job. 

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

This contrast was too staggering to not share.

Over the course of the entire 2019 season, Jamal Adams allowed 150 receiving yards.

Through 4 games this season, he has allowed 137.

You ever notice the same "we must stop trading away our great players like Anderson and Adams" guys who today are endlessly flogging the "look how great Anderson is in Carolina, he'd be just as great here, why are we so dumb" meme, are the same guys remaining utterly silent on the massive meh of non-performance and injury that has been Jamal Adams in 2020?

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I haven't really watched any Seahawks games but:

-How much more is he being used in coverage?

-Does one think that maybe the fact that the Seahawks have been in more "competitive" games than the Jets, that teams may actually have to pass more against them?

One thing I do know for sure, the Jets defense has not been better without Adams.

And this is not tos say that trading Adams was a bad thing, just be careful in cherry picked stats.

To the point about teams needing to pass more against them... While this is certainly true, you're talking about a historically bad pass defense right now, at least in yardage, as I understand it.  The Seahawks are not the first team to score points, nor win games at the beginning of the season.  We can expect more yards perhaps, but not this bad.  It's also glaring that the Seahawks pass defense has been better when Adams has not been on the field.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

LT is a low value position and Becton sucks 

see I know this because the Jets offense sucks with him or without him and the team is 0-4

You're quite confused. I can explain it to you, but I charge $495 an hour. For you, I suspect we'll need about 6,074 hours which will get us to 2+2 = 4 and then we can go from there. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

To the point about teams needing to pass more against them... While this is certainly true, you're talking about a historically bad pass defense right now, at least in yardage, as I understand it.  The Seahawks are not the first team to score points, nor win games at the beginning of the season.  We can expect more yards perhaps, but not this bad.  It's also glaring that the Seahawks pass defense has been better when Adams has not been on the field.

Wouldn't it also make sense that if the Seahawks are scoring points and taking leads with their offense they'd be forcing opponents to pass more allowing the Seahawks D to tilt towards defending the pass?  If anything, a good offense would make their opponent a little more predictable and Seattle should be better at defending the pass to some degree.  In other words, let the opponent rush the ball for 4 yards a play and take time off the clock while Seattle is leading by two TDs.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wouldn't it also make sense that if the Seahawks are scoring points and taking leads with their offense they'd be forcing opponents to pass more allowing the Seahawks D to tilt towards defending the pass?  If anything, a good offense would make their opponent a little more predictable and Seattle should be better at defending the pass to some degree.  In other words, let the opponent rush the ball for 4 yards a play and take time off the clock while Seattle is leading by two TDs.

Any way you approach the question, historically bad isn't excusable.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Jamal was tired of playing for a dysfunctional losing dumpster fire, and I don’t blame him for wanting out. 

But I think forcing the trade cost him a ton of money.  If he played along he would have been given a giant extension. 

Mike Maccagnan getting fired was the biggest hit to Jamal's wallet.  Macc would have handed Adams $100M over 5 years, with $40M+ guaranteed.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal Adams, 3 starts: 0 INTs, 1 PD, 14 solo tackles

Ryan Neal (Jamal’s replacement): 1 start, 3 PDs, 2 INTs, 9 solo tackles. 

Seahawk defense with Adams:  430.7 passing yards allowed per game, 95.6 opp. QB Rating.

Seahawk defense without Adams:  312 passing yards, 66.4 QB Rating.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal Adams, 3 starts: 0 INTs, 1 PD, 14 solo tackles

Ryan Neal (Jamal’s replacement): 1 start, 3 PDs, 2 INTs, 9 solo tackles. 

You're relentless, hahaha. Brutal. We need people like this in the Public Defenders Office for the wrongfully accused.

Regardless if people are still divided on the matter, Jamal Adams did not want to be here. Just like the Ouija Board says: FCKN GOODBYE, GTFO. Well, my Ouija Board says that. Special edition.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

So, by that logic it’s also fair to say that Eric Smith was the far superior Jets safety.  Agreed?

Haha, a lot of blood in the water in here. I just saw this. I went with the other Smith (Otis) misself (yes, I know he was a CB), but you know what they say about great minds, right? Wait, what is it they say?