Jets player tests positive for COVID. Team sent home. (EDIT: Second test MAY be negative)

extmenace

Hope whoever it is, they get well soon, and those around then, whether friends family, or teammates also be safe. 

not going to make jokes about someone/some people getttinf the virus. 

ive has a couple friends who lost loved ones to it, and my girlfriends uncle passed from this too. 

Not something to take lightly. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Hope whoever it is, they get well soon, and those around then, whether friends family, or teammates also be safe. 

not going to make jokes about someone/some people getttinf the virus. 

ive has a couple friends who lost loved ones to it, and my girlfriends uncle passed from this too. 

Not something to take lightly. 

But we can still hope they cancel the season due to the circumstances. 

• Upvote 1

As more and more teams fall out of contention I suspect we will get more and more positive tests.

It's one thing to be accountable to your teamates when you're playing for a playoff spot....but when you're season sucks and is over before it starts, these guys are gonna say **** it, I'm going out and breaking protocols.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

But we can still hope they cancel the season due to the circumstances. 

I think there is too much money to be lost if they cancel the season, worst case scenario - they will put the players in a bubble - if a player refuses, in come the scabs.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/jets/jets-players-coaches-sent-home-friday-after-presumptive-positive-covid-test-reports/2660763/

All Jets players and staff were sent home Friday following a presumptive positive player test, according to ProFootballTalk and other reports.

The team did not immediately respond to the reports on Twitter; multiple sources told ProFootballTalk the player was being retested to confirm it was not a false positive. Gang Green was among a number of teams affected by those in August.

The test -- and any further potential positives -- could put the Jets' scheduled home game against the Arizona Cardinals Sunday in jeopardy, were they to become the latest team afflicted by a series of COVID diagnoses. The Tennessee Titans have yet to get back on the field following an outbreak that has infected about two dozen team members, forcing an early bye and a Week 5 game delay.

• Upvote 1