Jets player tests positive for COVID. Team sent home. (EDIT: Second test MAY be negative)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This made me lol Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

You think Flacco has been walking around town licking doorknobs so he wouldn't have to play a game for Gase this week?

Hope the person is ok

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not sure how this guy breaks this news and it's 30 minutes later and no one else has confirmed. 

He's an award-winner and in Tampa, so there's that.

SAR I

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

COVID isn’t among the top-5 afflictions I’d wish upon someone.

Related: Good luck with your prolapsed rectum

No rectum issues here dude.

You were called out for wishing Covid-19 on others and you cant handle the truth. 

Everything is a joke to you and your peanut gallery. 

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd rather us play and lose so we can get # 1.  Game cancellations would only ensure we're likely out of the sweepstakes.

Covid-19 is killing people dead game over. 

Do you happen to know anyone who died of Covid-19, how about a relative?  

This is no joke.( to most of us anyway) 

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No rectum issues here dude.

You were called out for wishing Covid-19 on others and you cant handle the truth. 

Everything is a joke to you and your peanut gallery. 

violin deal with it GIF

We are telling jokes on the internet. Get off your high horse. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's an award-winner and in Tampa, so there's that.

SAR I

It's just odd that a Tampa guy would beat every Jets beat writer and Schefter/Rap by about an Hour on this kind of news. But it's possible the player found out, told his agent who told this guy. Still very odd. All of these players test results have been coming from big name sources. 

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's just odd that a Tampa guy would beat every Jets beat writer and Schefter/Rap by about an Hour on this kind of news. But it's possible the player found out, told his agent who told this guy. Still very odd. All of these players test results have been coming from big name sources. 

Jet beat writers are some of the worst in the league.  I’d rather get information from KRL..hands down.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do normal people get a second test when the test positive to verify? It seems like there's been a lot of false positives in the NFL testing.

Every team/staff gets tested every day (except for Sundays). So we are talking about tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of tests since camp started. 

2 or 3 false positives is NOT " a lot." 

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do normal people get a second test when the test positive to verify? It seems like there's been a lot of false positives in the NFL testing.

It's definitely not a lot with the volume of testing they've done. 

If people like us get a positive test it easier to just wfh (if you have the option) and self isolate for 2 weeks

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Every team/staff gets tested every day (except for Sundays). So we are talking about tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of tests since camp started. 

I get what you're saying but when you compare the number of positives to the number of false positives I think it becomes a meaningful percentage.

2 hours ago, static14 said:

So someone on The Jets may have contracted a deadly virus and peoples first instinct is to make snarky comments. Grow the F up! 

Whoever it is, if it’s confirmed, I wish them all the best. 

Deadly virus to a very, very small group of people. 

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

True, but it does beg the larger question of what percentage of all Positive COVID tests (in the NFL, in the nation, etc.) are truly positive?  How many people test positive, never report any symptoms and then just think they're one of those asymptomatic people who had the disease but never felt it and simply quarantined for two weeks and missed work for no reason?  We'll never really know and I doubt it's a high number, but it's definitely north of zero.

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

It's definitely not a lot with the volume of testing they've done. 

If people like us get a positive test it easier to just wfh (if you have the option) and self isolate for 2 weeks

Yup.  I just mentioned something similar.  Would be crazy if even a small but significant percentage (3%, 8%, etc.) of asymptomatic people who tested positively essentially stayed home locked in a room for two weeks for nothing because it was a false positive.

Also keep in mind that when people in the general public get tested it's most likely because they are having symptoms, and a false positive would likely go unnoticed (if you have symptoms and test positive would you demand a re-test to see if it's a false positive?). But when you have a large group of generally healthy young athletes getting tested daily with no symptoms you are more likely going to re-test if you get a positive test result.

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you’re asymptomatic there’s a good chance it’s a false positive.

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yeah, my sister in-law tested positive on saturday, she retested sunday, monday, and tuesday ..... all three retests showed negative..

its insane how many people in TN are testing positive in Davidson county and re-test outside of that county and are negative.. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, NOSIDE said:

Hey all. I’m a physician- just to explain.. the rapid tests have a high false positive rate. Once they come back positive or inconclusive, they re-test with the PCR- which is much more specific. Hope that helps. 

Do you know how high roughly?

10 minutes ago, NOSIDE said:

Hey all. I’m a physician- just to explain.. the rapid tests have a high false positive rate. Once they come back positive or inconclusive, they re-test with the PCR- which is much more specific. Hope that helps. 

So the next obvious question is how many people are getting the rapid vs. whatever is more accurate?

Here's what we do know, both positives & deaths from Covid though a dangerous virus for the elderly & people with underlying conditions, have been MASSIVELY skewed to strike fear in everyone & add huge profits of a minimum of 20% extra to hospitals also known here in the US as profit centers.

• Upvote 1