Jets player tests positive for COVID. Team sent home. (EDIT: Second test MAY be negative)

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I can write a book on this, having worked in healthcare on the financial side the last 20+ years. Anyhow, this isn't the site for that stuff, so let's just leave it at ... these people who suddenly are experts in ICD-10 codes, who say there is wide spread corruption here, well they are completely wrong.

Send him to da club.

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'll say this much and then bow out because Max has his rules for a reason: I don't disagree with the intent or reasoning, just stating that the bolded is not as easy as it might have been back in the day. Everything is electronic and undergoes a "maker-checker" system which essentially means that there are at least two pairs of eyes on it before it can even be submitted, and then it goes through governance.

There is always the possibility of people trying to scam the system, but that doesn't mean it's been incentivized by the govt. If the nurse in that situation is going around telling patients that, it's going to be hard for that hospital to keep their doors open. That's my only point. 

I'm with ya. I just dont discount anything either way. Stranger things have happened in the world that have been far more complicated. I dont think the government is intentionally incentivizing anything, but shady people be shady people. That's all. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

The general public doesn't get the rapid test. They're not widely available. The NFL spent $75 million to purchase these tests in August. 

What? Not at all true. I have had to send my employees out for rapid testing on 4 occasions. Readily available every time at multiple local clinics.

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

The general public doesn't get the rapid test. They're not widely available. The NFL spent $75 million to purchase these tests in August. 

Rapid tests readily available at an urgent care in Queens. Free with most, if not all, insurance. 

There are also some doctors offices that can do PCR tests in house and can get you results within 24 hours. 

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Not doubting what you were told, but there's as much truth in that as there is in saying that masks don't matter. There's no possible way any public entity would be able to incentivize deaths. Not treating the patient once they hit a certain stage is one thing, actively promoting death is another. 

haha, i think he meant that is that Medicare is paying more for patients with COVID diagnosis. I think that part is true, I'm sure some people would take advantage of that but I would seriously doubt it's anything more than a tiny minotiry and not wide spread enough to have any large impact on overall #'s

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rapid tests readily available at an urgent care in Queens. Free with most, if not all, insurance. 

There are also some doctors offices that can do PCR tests in house and can get you results within 24 hours. 

A rapid test is 15 min