Which team do you want to win Sunday?

GreekJet

Which team do you want to win on Sunday?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you want to win on Sunday?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/11/2020 at 04:13 PM

It’s a really awful year to be a Jets fan. When they drafted Darnold three years ago I thought they would be competing in 2020. Instead it’s week 5 and we are tanking for a QB. I have never rooted for the Jets to lose this early in the season, but this is an exception. I hope Arizona wipes the floor with these guys. 

There is really no positives to be had from the Jets winning on Sunday. Outside of mb Quinnen Williams there aren’t any players worth watching who are part of the Jets future playing. If Darnold was playing I’d root for them just to hold out hope that he might turn it around and they won’t have to draft a QB. 

Winning will only be good for Adam Gase and Chris Johnson. The fan base loses in both outcomes. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

It’s a really awful year to be a Jets fan. When they drafted Darnold three years ago I thought they would be competing in 2020. Instead it’s week 5 and we are tanking for a QB. I have never rooted for the Jets to lose this early in the season, but this is an exception. I hope Arizona wipes the floor with these guys. 

There is really no positives to be had from the Jets winning on Sunday. Outside of mb Quinnen Williams there aren’t any players worth watching who are part of the Jets future playing. If Darnold was playing I’d root for them just to hold out hope that he might turn it around and they won’t have to draft a QB. 

Winning will only be good for Adam Gase and Chris Johnson. The fan base loses in both outcomes. 

Yes, but winning and playing well provides an evaluation of Darnold without him even being in there. This is the same offense and team it was when he was playing and Bell coming back likely makes not much difference. If Flacco pays well this can start making it an easier decision to move on from Darnold as much a that pains most of us to say. Even if we don't get a high enough pick to get Lawrence or Fields we can learn enough to not make future impactful mistakes like $ commitments to Darnold that could be directed elsewhere. We may need to have some type of culture change where we build the whole team and let a QB with exp. play to get us on a winning rack again, which might be more important that building with a young QB. These culture problems with losing are the worst there is to have. Heck the Knicks having the same problem are considering joining Chris Paul and Melo to et their culture possibly turned around, At one point having huge amounts of dratf picks and cap money lie both the Jets and Knicks have doesn't help if the team just has a losing atmosphere they can't hake with younger players.

• Upvote 3

Honestly, I'm starting to not even care about the draft position--the normal "hook" that drags fans back to bad teams. Apathy is the killer of fan bases. Jets are near a tipping point, I believe. 

JD has to nail the next QB and HC (calm down, not like that). Anecdotally, many of us are "last generation Jets fans," abstaining from introducing (more like forcing) our kids to jump into this green sewer with us. Who could blame a new football fan for not choosing the Jets? Boring football. No stars. No personality. It's wet cardboard in a world where competition for limited attention spans will only grow fiercer.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, but winning and playing well provides an evaluation of Darnold without him even being in there. This is the same offense and team it was when he was playing and Bell coming back likely makes not much difference. If Flacco pays well this can start making it an easier decision to move on from Darnold as much a that pains most of us to say. Even if we don't get a high enough pick to get Lawrence or Fields we can learn enough to not make future impactful mistakes like $ commitments to Darnold that could be directed elsewhere. We may need to have some type of culture change where we build the whole team and let a QB with exp. play to get us on a winning rack again, which might be more important that building with a young QB. These culture problems with losing are the worst there is to have. Heck the Knicks having the same problem are considering joining Chris Paul and Melo to et their culture possibly turned around, At one point having huge amounts of dratf picks and cap money lie both the Jets and Knicks have doesn't help if the team just has a losing atmosphere they can't hake with younger players.

unfortunately this :(

flacco gives us a baseline to help judge the level of sam's contribution to this years $h*tshow 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Honestly, I'm starting to not even care about the draft position--the normal "hook" that drags fans back to bad teams. Apathy is the killer of fan bases. Jets are near a tipping point, I believe. 

JD has to nail the next QB and HC (calm down, not like that). Anecdotally, many of us are "last generation Jets fans," abstaining from introducing (more like forcing) our kids to jump into this green sewer with us. Who could blame a new football fan for not choosing the Jets? Boring football. No stars. No personality. It's wet cardboard in a world where competition for limited attention spans will only grow fiercer.

So what's your answer?  Quit dodging.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Agreed.  Apathy is the killer and we are approaching that.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fans are praying for a tank so they can get a new toy

Jets are not tanking 

The term in this case shouldn’t be tanking. Tanking is intentional. When a team is SOO bad that they try and still end up last, it should be called “stanking”. The Jets are totally stanking and will end up with the #1 pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The brutal thing is at least in lost seasons I’ll root for the young guys and nobody fits the bill this game. Flacco in for Darnold. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Frank Gore but I’d rather watch Perine. Becton out. Mims hurt. Herndon isn’t that young any more and seems to be playing his way out of the future.

Maybe if Zuniga, Davis, or even Clark get some run it’ll be interesting. Morgan would obviously get my attention.

I hope Quinnen and Bless play well. Would be nice if the team has something in Jeff Smith.

• Upvote 1

Gase and all the position coaches are coaching for their next job, most players are playing for their next contract. Neither of these two groups are tanking.

Is Joe Douglas tanking? 

I doubt it, professionally he is the GM of the worst team in the league... that's embarrassing but I doubt he has the stomach for a tank even with 3.5 years left on his GM contract. It takes a human with large grapefruit to embrace a full on tank.

We, the fans, are tanking...not all of us but a good number.

It's a full on emotional tank brought on by abysmal free agent losses/acquisitions, and playing-not-to-loose play calling.

6 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Gase and all the position coaches are coaching for their next job, most players are playing for their next contract. Neither of these two groups are tanking.

Is Joe Douglas tanking? 

I doubt it, professionally he is the GM of the worst team in the league... that's embarrassing but I doubt he has the stomach for a tank even with 3.5 years left on his GM contract. It takes a human with large grapefruit to embrace a full on tank.

We, the fans, are tanking...not all of us but a good number.

It's a full on emotional tank brought on by abysmal free agent losses/acquisitions, and playing-not-to-loose play calling.

He has a 6-year contract.  Tanking his first "true" season isn't as difficult to stomach as you might think.  

Especially not when you don't believe in your current QB and would like a new one.

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

ZONA...NYG...HOUSTON...ATL

Besides Darnold somehow progressing, any wins this season = painting over rust.

0-16 is the ticket. Tank train all aboard.

It's not gonna happen. How many teams have gone 0-16 in history? The only hope for the Jets to get the #1 pick is if a 4 win team gets it. It's ridiculous to think you can get a #1 pick this early in the season. By week 13 if it's possible, that's a different story. Before December it's just wishful thinking. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It's not gonna happen. How many teams have gone 0-16 in history? The only hope for the Jets to get the #1 pick is if a 4 win team gets it. It's ridiculous to think you can get a #1 pick this early in the season. By week 13 if it's possible, that's a different story. Before December it's just wishful thinking. 

How many teams that have started their season losing their first 4 games by an average of 16.5 points gone on to not pick in the top 3?

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has a 6-year contract.  Tanking his first "true" season isn't as difficult to stomach as you might think.  

Especially not when you don't believe in your current QB and would like a new one.

I understood thatJD had a five year season when he signed which would leave approximately  3.7 years remaining on his contract but you are telling me that it was a six year contract which leaves 4.7 years on his contract.

All good, even great, things come to an end or get renewed.

• WTF? 1