College game day Oct 10...

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Not sure what happened to UGA OL which was so good last week, but looks awful today. 

But at least it looks like we have a solid replacement FG kicker for Hot Rod.  Just wish we didn't need him quite so much.

Huge second half for our boys though. That defense is NASTY when they’re hot. Our offense needs to be consistent in the red zone but I really am impressed with Stetson Bennett. He’s athletic and can make big throws. Total opposite of Jake Fromm

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Huge second half for our boys though. That defense is NASTY when they’re hot. Our offense needs to be consistent in the red zone but I really am impressed with Stetson Bennett. He’s athletic and can make big throws. Total opposite of Jake Fromm

Strange, strange game.  Offense has looked terrible for long stretches, yet puts up 44.  Defense gives up a couple of big plays, but is dominant for most of the game.  As good as the D was last year, we look better this year.  Pressuring the QB, forcing turnovers -- things we didn't do consistently last year.

Gonna have to be better and more consistent against Bama next week, but still a nice win today despite some nervous moments.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Strange, strange game.  Offense has looked terrible for long stretches, yet puts up 44.  Defense gives up a couple of big plays, but is dominant for most of the game.  As good as the D was last year, we look better this year.  Pressuring the QB, forcing turnovers -- things we didn't do consistently last year.

Gonna have to be better and more consistent against Bama next week, but still a nice win today despite some nervous moments.

You guys probably have the best secondary in the nation with 3 guys probably being drafted in the first 35-40 picks, Bama probably has the best WR group in the country, 2 first round picks.    Fascinating match up.   Bennett is scrappy, hope he is up to the challenge next week.   

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

UGA playing well but Bama on different level Bama 31-20 

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You guys probably have the best secondary in the nation with 3 guys probably being drafted in the first 35-40 picks, Bama probably has the best WR group in the country, 2 first round picks.    Fascinating match up.   Bennett is scrappy, hope he is up to the challenge next week.   

Bennett reminds me of a college version of Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Without the beard.  He is limited, but you can see why guys like to play for him.  Scrappy is a good word -- he will do what it takes to get the job done.  But clearly has less talent than the top D1 college QBs.  I am not confident in him going up against the Bama defense.  There were times today I was thinking they might have go to Daniels.  If our OL is not much better than they were today, next week could be ugly.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Bennett reminds me of a college version of Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Without the beard.  He is limited, but you can see why guys like to play for him.  Scrappy is a good word -- he will do what it takes to get the job done.  But clearly has less talent than the top D1 college QBs.  I am not confident in him going up against the Bama defense.  There were times today I was thinking they might have go to Daniels.  If our OL is not much better than they were today, next week could be ugly.

Is Daniels ready to go?   If he is,  he will give you guys a better vertical game as he has better arm talent than Bennett.    If you can run the ball you’ll have a great chance of winning that game.    

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Is Daniels ready to go?   If he is,  he will give you guys a better vertical game as he has better arm talent than Bennett.    If you can run the ball you’ll have a great chance of winning that game.    

He was cleared this week.  I still think Bennett gets the start, but he should be on a short leash.  Through 3 quarters today, our running game was non-existent.  OL was dominated by the Tennessee front for long stretches of the game.  We will need to be much better next week against Bama.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

He was cleared this week.  I still think Bennett gets the start, but he should be on a short leash.  Through 3 quarters today, our running game was non-existent.  OL was dominated by the Tennessee front for long stretches of the game.  We will need to be much better next week against Bama.

At least this isn’t a dominant Bama defense.  You’ll have opportunities against them.  

• Upvote 1

It's been a while since Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence lost a game. After leading the Tigers to an undefeated season and national championship last year, the Cartersville product has done it again this season. In fact, in 56 high school games and 29 collegiate contests, he's lost just three times.

82-3

im horny GIF

• Haha 2