Joe Flacco Talks Play Calling

Gangrene

October/November 2019, Joe Flacco, Bronco QB sounds like like a September/October 2020 version of a frustrated Jets fan.

"We're  afraid to go for it... we're afraid to loose a game...what do we have to loose?  why can't we be aggressive?"

4.15pm tomorrow, What do you think Joe Flacco will be saying in his first Jets postgame conference ?

Hopefully Flacco is allowed to take some chances tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

October/November 2019, Joe Flacco, Bronco QB sounds like like a September/October 2020 version of a frustrated Jets fan.

"We're  afraid to go for it... we're afraid to loose a game...what do we have to loose?  why can't we be aggressive?"

4.15pm tomorrow, What do you think Joe Flacco will be saying in his first Jets postgame conference ?

play to win new york jets GIF

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

the DPI we had vs Denver is likely a 58 yd TD w/ Joe.

And the play where Sam got hurt is a 15-20 yds gain. 

And....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

And....

That data needs more than contextual numbers. 

Our WRs get separation because they suck and the DBs dont bother with them as much. They know they arent a threat. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

And....

I don't think this is true anymore as Braxton Berrios is no longer ahead of DeAndre Hopkins in average separation. Pretty sure Hogan was top 10 when this came out too. Berrios and Herndon are listed at #14 & 16 though, so we're probably still top half of the league.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

I questioned the accuracy and value of this stat when Berrios was ahead of Hopkins when it originally came out. Not sure what to think of it.

I know there have been a number of plays where Darnold doesn't throw to open receivers, but there's also a lot of plays where I see just all the WR's blanketed. The stat just doesn't feel right to me.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

So is the thinking he actually wants to play or what? Kinda expecting him to mail it in

He's got to be excited to get back out there but he's got to get the ball out fast before he gets killed back there.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Oline and bad wrs and tes no running game mean you can't go for it as often as you'd like.

Yeah you can, because if I'm a coach I coach/play to win the game. At all costs, regardless of talent. Not trying will get you beat every single time. Hope Gase reads this.

13 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yeah you can, because if I'm a coach I coach/play to win the game. At all costs, regardless of talent. Not trying will get you beat every single time. Hope Gase reads this.

Oh I agree with you.  Know when they should go deep? Right off the bat, 1st play of the game.  Even if you do ot connec if you can get behind he DB it helps soften things later on.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gangrene said:

"That was on me, I didn't know what down it was. I didn't even know we had a game. Do you guys know if I can pick up my check here or do they mail it to me?" ~ Flacco Post Game

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If you can’t beat a team physically, you beat them by outsmarting them. That should be child’s play for a brilliant offensive mind like Adam Gase, right?

While the team is looking for guidance ,Gase is sitting by himself at the end of the bench flipping his laminated play sheet over and over like someone staring at a McDonald's menu expecting something to change.

Could you imagine Shula , Landry , or any halfway respectable HC doing this?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Oline and bad wrs and tes no running game mean you can't go for it as often as you'd like.

Yes but the Qb does influence how good the line and wrs look.  It will be interesting to see if Flacco gets more out of this group than darnold.  Flacco has a ton of experience and can probably make better and quicker decisions.  And he’ll have or else he’ll be taking a lot of hits.