Who Else is Just Hanging Out Watching Our Future Franchise QB?

Just kicking back, having a brew, taking in the Clermson game....

Watching our stud future QB, chucking it and running around like a gazelle....

No pressure, no stomach ache, no nausea, just imagining Trevor Lawrence in green and black...

Why torture myself watching the hideous Jets lose every game?...

I'll just watch every Clemson game instead, and get really familiar with the guy who's gonna transform the Jets into winners...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

The hype behind Trevor is real, and is the best prospect since Luck for a reason. They both got better each year. 

Sam had huge hype his 1st season as a starter at USC, but kind of dipped a bit the next year as his raw flaws became pronounced.

Even Famous Jameis dropped off his last year at FSU.

I can’t think of a better prospect since Luck, and before that Peyton Manning...before that Elway. Yes, that’s a generational type college prospect that this dogsh*t franchise has no business getting (unless J&J let Douglas hire a real coach) as we completely screwed it up with a lesser blue chip prospect.

Sam had a top 10 QB in the league ceiling. Trevor has top 2-3.

44 minutes ago, DLJ said:

The jets as it stands aren’t even in position to pick him, The giants currently have pick #1. No need to day dream.

The Giants are bound to win at least a game or two in that pathetic excuse for a professional football division. All the Jets have to do is lose, and we only play Miami.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

According to NFL.com, we pick first if the season ended today.  What gives?

That may be true based on results/SOS so far.  But full season SOS will absolutely give the Giants (and just about anyone else) the tiebreaker edge over us.  We will end up with one of the tougher schedules in the NFL no matter how you look at it.

Our remaining opponents have about a .605 winning % currently.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That may be true based on results/SOS so far.  But full season SOS will absolutely give the Giants (and just about anyone else) the tiebreaker edge over us.  We will end up with one of the tougher schedules in the NFL no matter how you look at it.

Our remaining opponents have about a .605 winning % currently.  

Gotcha. Thanks.

You gotta know Joe Douglas also has his eyes on the TV right now. Why do u think we keep Gase as our coach? - cause we want to keep losing is the only reason I can think of. If we are gonna be bad - go all the friggin way and be the baddest is the 100% right thing to do!

I do not rate lawrence as a can;t miss guy, hes played a half dozen games in his career in which his team did not have the massive talent over load.

Toss him onto the present jets and he will get just as killed as any other Qb on this talentless adrift team.

I'm not backing off on my assertion that we would be better off if we get pick #1 to trade down if a huge deal is there. 

Build the team and then look for the next QB in a couple of years.  And there are viable QBs in almost every single draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The Giants are bound to win at least a game or two in that pathetic excuse for a professional football division. All the Jets have to do is lose, and we only play Miami.

Falcons and Texans are also 0-4 and we have higher SOS than almost all teams since we have the 3rd hardest schedule. Of course those 2 teams are grossly underachieving and likely will win games soon. So, most would be banking on the Jets having a tough division over the Giants as far as the Giants at one point having more wins than the Jets.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do not rate lawrence as a can;t miss guy, hes played a half dozen games in his career in which his team did not have the massive talent over load.

Toss him onto the present jets and he will get just as killed as any other Qb on this talentless adrift team.

I'm not backing off on my assertion that we would be better off if we get pick #1 to trade down if a huge deal is there. 

Build the team and then look for the next QB in a couple of years.  And there are viable QBs in almost every single draft.

Not really, no.  People don't like the 2021-22 classes very much at the moment.

And if you look back at previous classes, no, there really aren't viable QB's in every class.  The 2013 class was garbage.  The 2014 class only produced one decent QB, Derek Carr (a 2nd round pick).  The 2015 class was garbage.  2016 is meh:  Dak was a 4th rounder, Goff and Wentz weren't any good the moment they got paid.  Only the last few years has there been a good QB in every class.

If you think there is a franchise guy in a class, and you have the chance to take him, you do it.  You don't bank on a mysterious future class.  Especially when you have multiple first rounders to play with like we do in the upcoming draft.  All that does is just kick the can down the road.

We all know the WHOLE roster needs improvement everywhere.  But QB is part of that.  Take the QB and simultaneously build around him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Hmmm... that sounds very similar to what Jets fans were saying about another QB back in '18...

Is that you Marv? The team hasn't got back to the big game since '93 and there is barely a day goes by that I don't think about you since you hung up your whistle in 1997. We miss those sweaters you used to rock on game day.

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really, no.  People don't like the 2021-22 classes very much at the moment.

And if you look back at previous classes, no, there really aren't viable QB's in every class.  The 2013 class was garbage.  The 2014 class only produced one decent QB, Derek Carr (a 2nd round pick).  The 2015 class was garbage.  2016 is meh:  Dak was a 4th rounder, Goff and Wentz weren't any good the moment they got paid.  Only the last few years has there been a good QB in every class.

If you think there is a franchise guy in a class, and you have the chance to take him, you do it.  You don't bank on a mysterious future class.  Especially when you have multiple first rounders to play with like we do in the upcoming draft.  All that does is just kick the can down the road.

We all know the WHOLE roster needs improvement everywhere.  But QB is part of that.  Take the QB and simultaneously build around him.

The Clemson backup QB who they keep talking about will probably be 'the next one in two years'

No one heard of Joe burrow a year before he had his great year.

I'll continue to disagree with the assertion that you take the QB first on  totally talentless roster and let him get his head beat in for two years and build.  That mode has failed all too often.

Hey don;t worry if we get the top pick we will take lawrence, I just don;t think he is epic enough to be a must have.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Clemson backup QB who they keep talking about will probably be 'the next one in two years'

I'll continue to disagree with the assertion that you take the QB first on  totally talentless roster and let him get his head beat in for two years and build.  That mode has failed all too often.

Hey don;t worry if we get the top pick we will take lawrence, I just don;t think he is epic enough to be a must have.

So we're going to blindly bank on a Freshman who hasn't seen the field yet to be "the guy" 2-3 years from now?  

You also mention Burrow.  Should the Bengals have passed on him to continue to build their roster up?  Their team was terrible in 2019 after all, en route to a 2-14 record.  Was it a bad call for them to take Burrow there instead of trading down?

You can continue to disagree all you want but its really not the way GM's think, nor should they.  They evaluate these QB's over several years and project out future classes, yes, but they don't wait if they really like a prospect.  Nor should they.  You can't bank on a future class having a QB you'll like more.  Historically, the evidence doesn't really support that being the case.

The only reason Douglas should trade down is IF he doesn't like the QB's in this class much.  That seems unlikely.  There's a lot to like about the top 3 QB's in this class.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In fact, it’s the most sure-fire route to failure. These days, we want immediate gratification from our young QBs, otherwise they immediately get labeled as “suck”. Look no further than a still young Darnold who got saddled with Gase and the worst roster in football. But of course for him, those are just “excuses”.

So why the **** would we do the exact same thing with Lawrence? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Falcons and Texans are also 0-4 and we have higher SOS than almost all teams since we have the 3rd hardest schedule. Of course those 2 teams are grossly underachieving and likely will win games soon. So, most would be banking on the Jets having a tough division over the Giants as far as the Giants at one point having more wins than the Jets.

Texans are going to win a couple games.  Ditto for Falcons.

Watch out for patriots

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It's all about development and providing a structure for a young QB to be successful. Harsh reality is that had we chosen Mahomes we might be thinking he is a bust today as well. For the Jets to be successful with any QB they have to fundamentally change their approach in the NFL. I liked JDs draft very much and hopefully the picks get healthy and contribute but it also seems that outside of selecting Bection we did WAY too little to help our QB in the draft. And the moves we made in free agency (which I really liked) are definitely a "jury out" situation.

If we do wind up with the #1 pick and Lawrence we need to have a new regime and philosophy in place to develop him or 4 years from now we will be saying he is a bust too. 

• Sympathy 1