Clemson Double in the first round?

Tezza

After watching this Miami v Clemson game it is apparent that if we land the 1st overall pick we are most likely to select Trevor Lawrence! However we still have a second first round pick and was thinking that if available we should use it on Travis Etienne the running back from Clemson as a replacement for Bell.

It would be pretty cool to draft the Clemson duo and have both Lawrence and Etienne suit up in Gotham Green, surely there must be some on the field chemistry they could bring to the Jets. When was the last time the Jets drafted two players from the same school in the same round?

12ee6ef557610baab1dcfddcce3e379b.jpg&key=401611f0ffb66b1d40d070faf44d2de9a0d05c89b4eabafa250927a76d339fa8

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I just posted that another thread & look where Hellaire went to KC, right in our wheelhouse with our Seattle 1st rounder. 

Sign Ron Stanley, Thuney or Scherff in free agency, whichever one comes free, most likely Stanley (Ravens at cap), or Thuney? Pats rebuilding? 

Juju or Robinson at WR. 

Youve transformed your offense in 2 years. Becton- (Stanley/Thuney/Scherff), McGovern, hopefully Clark/Fant.

Juju or Robinson/Crowder/Mims/J.Smith/V.Smith/Barrios

Ettenne/Perine 

How about JD being VERY BOLD in the draft & trades up for Pitts using our #2, Trevor- Pitts- Ettiene! I can dream! It would be similar to Dallas when they had Aikman- Emmitt- Witten- Irvin if we signed Juju or Robinson.

Its time for offense, at least it would be exciting. 

49 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I just posted that another thread & look where Hellaire went to KC, right in our wheelhouse with our Seattle 1st rounder. 

Sign Ron Stanley, Thuney or Scherff in free agency, whichever one comes free, most likely Stanley (Ravens at cap), or Thuney? Pats rebuilding? 

Juju or Robinson at WR. 

Youve transformed your offense in 2 years. Becton- (Stanley/Thuney/Scherff), McGovern, hopefully Clark/Fant.

Ettenne/Perine 

How about JD being VERY BOLD in the draft & trades up for Pitts using our #2, Trevor- Pitts- Ettiene! I can dream! It would be similar to Dallas when they had Aikman- Emmitt- Witten- Irvin if we signed Juju or Robinson.

JuJu isnt going to be an unrestricted free agent, he will be franchised most likely. Theres a real chance it would take that second 1st rounder to get him. 

Still only a 25% chance Jets get the first pick according to FPI. Only a quarter of season played and there are 8 other teams that are 1-3 not to mention the other three that are 0-4. Jets lose every tiebreaker because of their SOS. I get the impression a lot of Jets fans think the odds of them getting the first pick is a lot higher than it actually is.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Still only a 25% chance Jets get the first pick according to FPI. Only a quarter of season played and there are 8 other teams that are 1-3 not to mention the other three that are 0-4. Jets lose every tiebreaker because of their SOS. I get the impression a lot of Jets fans think the odds of them getting the first pick is a lot higher than it actually is.

There optimistic because  all those other teams are playing competitive football and the jets are not 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'd prefer Lawrence and an OL. 

I’m certainly good getting oline even in the first round but I think they need to see how Clark grades out and if Becton will be good after injury. They could use a second round and below to pick up olineguards and center. Use the first rounders on players that are scary good.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

i’m chanting voodoo spells all day today. you guys should be thankful i’m around 

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I’m certainly good getting oline even in the first round but I think they need to see how Clark grades out and if Becton will be good after injury. They could use a second round and below to pick up olineguards and center. Use the first rounders on players that are scary good.

Definitely depends on what's available. I do think a good OL is more important to a young QB's development than stud WRs, however.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Juju or Robinson at WR. 

Ettenne/Perine 

This is my best case scenario. Our offense would have pieces to help our young QB. Juju/Etienne/Pitts with Crowder and Mims would be awesome. I’m cool trading up to make something like that happen.

Our D will still be sh*t though. But Offense first and foremost. We can focus on D the next year.

32 minutes ago, Team archer said:

4 picks before online? Ehhhh

Would have liked to have grabbed a center in there but the value was just too much for the guys available. Our tackles are set w/Becton & Fant for starters, could use some depth. 

Our offensive skill positions need an influx of young talent - probably more than our o-line now that the tackles are shored up.

With 3 firsts and 2 2nds in 2022 we should be able to grab a top center prospect.

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Never ever draft a running back in ths first.

Trash position. 

Unless you're KC and are already loaded.  But I agree with what you wrote.  And it's especially bad in our situation because great RBs want to get paid after 2 years nowadays.  We're a bottom-of-the-barrel team right now.  We absolutely shouldn't be paying a RB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Unless you're KC and are already loaded.  But I agree with what you wrote.  And it's especially bad in our situation because great RBs want to get paid after 2 years nowadays.  We're a bottom-of-the-barrel team right now.  We absolutely shouldn't be paying a RB.

We have 0 offensive production we need to do whatever it takes to bolster the offensive side of the roster with playmakers. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

We have 0 offensive production we need to do whatever it takes to bolster the offensive side of the roster with playmakers. 

We badly need a WR so why not just draft one?  Keep in mind we can possibly sign Ju Ju plus we still have no idea what Mims is.  Possibly he's good.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We badly need a WR so why not just draft one?  Keep in mind we can possibly sign Ju Ju plus we still have no idea what Mims is.  Possibly he's good.

We have no clue what Perine can do because all we see is Frank Gore if we have the opportunity to draft Etienne you do it look at Edwards-Hallaire in KC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1