Clemson Double in the first round?

Tezza

3 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Im fine with that as long as you continue to add more offensive linemen 

Yup, we need a young Center and/or OG in the first 3 rounds.  Sign Thuney from NE in free agency and draft a Center in Round 2, and I'm fine with whatever approach we take with those two picks in Round 1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Is that you mac? Selecting a high round RB before having a line that can block...

Who is writing that? I don’t see anyone. In fact most Jet fans want to use some of our GOBS of free agent money on a stud Guard if 1 comes available like Stanley. Ettiene will probably go end of 1st like Hellaire did last year to KC. 
Use a 3rd on another Center to back up McGovern. 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Who is writing that? I don’t see anyone. In fact most Jet fans want to use some of our GOBS of free agent money on a stud Guard if 1 comes available like Stanley. Ettiene will probably go end of 1st like Hellaire did last year to KC. 
Use a 3rd on another Center to back up McGovern. 

The OP. The very first possible post in the thread. 

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think Mac ever traded down, did he? Did he ever take an offensive skill player in the first round outside of Darnold? TF are you talking about?

Trading away Lawrence and not drafting a QB when:

1. you’re the GM of a team that has no QB. 
2. Obtaining a franchise QB is the most important and difficult component of building a contending team

3. Lawrence And at least two other QB prospects in the 2021 draft are considered blue chippers at this point. 

You’re basically repeating the 2017 draft, where Maccagnan passed on Mahomes, Watson etc. because he had a clever plan to fix the QB situation the following year. 

it’s simple: passing on a QB when you have the opportunity to get one is foolishness. Hence I can only assume you are a Maccagnan disciple. 

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Trading away Lawrence and not drafting a QB when:

1. you’re the GM of a team that has no QB. 
2. Obtaining a franchise QB is the most important and difficult component of building a contending team

3. Lawrence And at least two other QB prospects in the 2021 draft are considered blue chippers at this point. 

You’re basically repeating the 2017 draft, where Maccagnan passed on Mahomes, Watson etc. because he had a clever plan to fix the QB situation the following year. 

it’s simple: passing on a QB when you have the opportunity to get one is foolishness. Hence I can only assume you are a Maccagnan disciple. 

How has Watson looked as a franchise QB without Hopkins?

Mahomes walked into a much, much better situation than Darnold did. He's got an all-time great head coach and one of the best rosters in the league. There's a much higher percentage he looks like a bust if he lands on the Jets. Do people really think Mahomes on the Jets magically looks like the best QB in the league? 

Mac spent his high picks on safeties and defensive tackles. 

This is the ultimate team sport. You have to build the roster up for whoever the QB ends up being. 

12 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The OP. The very first possible post in the thread. 

He didn’t even talk about free agency. We’ll have a high #2 for another stud olineman. I think Jets will target a stud guard. Thuney is definitely worth it, he is good, I just don’t think Pats let him go, Stanley? He could be available. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Etienne hasn't had that major workload season of 250+ carries, but he's still had a ton.  Add in the receptions and his expiration date may be closer than expected. 

Guy is electric, but how many touches does he have in his life before he hits the wall?

I know it's fun to dream, but you need the #1 pick for that and we are a looooong way from that. 12 games is way too soon to think we'll be the worst team in the league. Get back to me in December.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He didn’t even talk about free agency. We’ll have a high #2 for another stud olineman. I think Jets will target a stud guard. Thuney is definitely worth it, he is good, I just don’t think Pats let him go, Stanley? He could be available. 

are you ok? He said to draft Lawrence in the 1st and Etienne in the 2nd. It was literally, the entire purpose of his post. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup, we need a young Center and/or OG in the first 3 rounds.  Sign Thuney from NE in free agency and draft a Center in Round 2, and I'm fine with whatever approach we take with those two picks in Round 1.

You will have a very high 2nd rounder to hopefully use on an interior linemen.

• Upvote 1