It Sucks having to root against the Jets week after week

Alka

I am a huge Jets fan.  I want the Jets to win every single game.  But now, like every year, as much as I want the Jets to win, I want them to lose.

Do you remember the song from the 70's?  "Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool".

I am torn between wanting the Jets to win, and wanting them to lose, so that they can get the 1st pick of the draft, and maybe, just maybe, get the player or players they need to finally become a winning team and a respected organization.

This is not my fault that I am torn.  It is the Jets organization's fault that I am this way.  It sucks, and it sucks having to be a Jets fan.

But don't tell me to root for another team, because part of my life is invested in this team.  I will not turn my back on them now, because emotionally I can't.

The Jets are playing the Cardinals today!!!  I hope they win!! No, I hope they lose!!  Maybe I will hope they win, but if they are losing by 2 points with 3 seconds left in the game, and we need to make a 52 yard field goal to win the game, I can assure you I will want them to miss the damn field goal.

I hate myself, and I blame the Johnson's for it!!!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Alka said:

I am a huge Jets fan.  I want the Jets to win every single game.  But now, like every year, as much as I want the Jets to win, I want them to lose.

Do you remember the song from the 70's?  "Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool".

I am torn between wanting the Jets to win, and wanting them to lose, so that they can get the 1st pick of the draft, and maybe, just maybe, get the player or players they need to finally become a winning team and a respected organization.

This is not my fault that I am torn.  It is the Jets organization's fault that I am this way.  It sucks, and it sucks having to be a Jets fan.

But don't tell me to root for another team, because part of my life is invested in this team.  I will not turn my back on them now, because emotionally I can't.

The Jets are playing the Cardinals today!!!  I hope they win!! No, I hope they lose!!  Maybe I will hope they win, but if they are losing by 2 points with 3 seconds left in the game, and we need to make a 52 yard field goal to win the game, I can assure you I will want them to miss the damn field goal.

Accept it. Winning meaningless games under this coaching staff is painting over rust.

Hope for the 1st pick. Hope Sam does well enough for us trade him for a lot or trade the 1st pick for a ransom.

1st pick gets us a better chance at best coach available.  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Alka said:

I root for the Jets to win and Gaze to be in a horrible accident.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There's no such thing as a good loss in the NFL.

There's no such thing as rebuilding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Does that include the game in 1980 where the Jets beat Miami (in the famed no-announcers game), costing us the chance to draft LT (we picked Freeman McNeil)?

A loss there wouldn't have been a good thing?

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does that include the game in 1980 where the Jets beat Miami (in the famed no-announcers game), costing us the chance to draft LT (we picked Freeman McNeil)?

I do agree with you, but Freeman NcNeil was a great player for the Jets.  It's not like we just missed out on LT and picked up Blair Thomas instead.   lol

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Alka said:

I do agree with you, but Freeman NcNeil was a great player for the Jets.  It's not like we just missed out on LT and picked up Blair Thomas instead.   lol

LT is likely the greatest defensive player in NFL history.  That was a disaster for us despite the fact that McNeil was a good RB

EDIT: Could you imagine Klecko, Gastineau and LT on the same defense?!  That would've been insane!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alka said:

So don't.  Instead, root for them to win.

There are 12 weeks left in the season and as sure as I'm sitting here some 8-8 team is going to make the playoffs so why not us?  Injuries, perhaps, will stop for us and start to affect the Bills and Patriots.  When Darnold, Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Bell, and Becton are all on the field together, finally, we will start to have a decent offense.  There are still 8 winnable games left on the schedule.

Have a little faith.  Root for the Jets.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It Sucks having to root against the Jets week after week

Then don't.  

It's not like doing so has any impact whatsoever.  So why do it?

Root for wins, be happy anyway with losses (if you're one of those people).

People who root against their own team are.....well, to each their own I guess.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

by the way the one draft pick I most regret was Kenny Obrien over Dan Marino. Imagine if the 80's Jets had Dan Marino at QB. 

the problem with this logic is you're actually rooting for 2 things to happen 1) the team to lose 2) the team to make the correct selection 

which is possible, but not a sure thing with this crew

it's like a parlay the more events you need to happen, break the right way, then the less likely it is to happen 

don't make me bump the "Suck for Sam" thread 

they had a chance at alot of good players by the way you don't have to draft 1.1 to get a good one 

they took Jamal Adams over Mahomes

They took Jace Amaro over Jimmy G 

Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp for example didn't matter they were picking 11 or 13 or whatever it was, if you do it right you can make a good pick put it another way all those teams at the bottom of the draft order, they remain good despite picking low 

Baltimore didn't shell out 3 second round picks for Lamar jackson they sat there and made a good pick 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

by the way the one draft pick I most regret was Kenny Obrien over Dan Marino. Imagine if the 80's Jets had Dan Marino at QB. 

the problem with this logic is you're actually rooting for 2 things to happen 1) the team to lose 2) the team to make the correct selection 

which is possible, but not a sure thing with this crew

don't make me bump the "Suck for Sam" thread 

they had a chance at alot of good players by the way you don't have to draft 1.1 to get a good one 

Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp for example didn't matter they were picking 11 or 13 or whatever it was, if you do it right you can make a good pick put it another way all those teams at the bottom of the draft order, they remain good despite picking low 

Baltimore didn't shell out 3 second round picks for Lamar jackson they sat there and made a good pick 

The Ken O'Brien years feel like the good old days compared to the sh*t we've been subjected to over the past decade. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

It's way too soon to root against them. I don't know how you can think it's good for the Jets if they keep losing this early in the season. Week 13 and beyond is the time. Otherwise, there is no reason to do it - zippo. Most likely you'll spend the whole year rooting against them and they won't get the #1 pick, which is extremely likely. You need a bit of luck to get it, which the Jets haven't had. The season has a ton of ebbs and flows. We could easily play well in the second half of the seasons and teams we play can have injuries. You just never know in the NFL.

I root for them to win EVERY SINGLE WEEK. A loss doesn't devastate me in a year like this, but I root for my team to win whenever they step onto the field. I have one exception. If we are 0-15 and a loss knocks the Patriots out of the playoffs, I'll take the L with a smile. Since we play the Pats in the last week of the season, that exception isn't happening this year.