Flacco > Darnold

Bronx

If Darnold had put up the line/performance Flacco did today, there'd by a dozen threads about how SAM IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

A very Darnold-esque performance today.  Except no turnovers.  

Darnold is barely better than a 35 year old Flacco who doesn't want to be out there, and that's sad.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Flacco played safe and didn’t really push to try and win the Game.  He took what they gave him. 

Sam plays to win.  He tries to win. no one’s ever open but he pushes because he’s trying to win.  
Sam’s the better player right now. 

Arizona was probably the worst defense the Jets have faced

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Darnold had put up the line/performance Flacco did today, there'd by a dozen threads about how SAM IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Darnold is barely better than a 35 year old Flacco who doesn't want to be out there, and that's sad.

Part of the problem is that Gase's dink and dunk offense makes evaluating QBs hard, in general. Flacco today reminded me a lot of Darnold vs SF. He was fine, but a lot of dinking and dunking and running the ball when the game was still competitive. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

One things for sure, There’s no QB controversy A brewing.

Right. 

I read all week on here that the offense would suddenly look competent with a veteran QB who didn't get rattled.

Well, we just played the worst defense we have played all year (probably by a considerable margin) and that didn't happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Icer said:

He looks more poised at least and the team seemed to be able to move the ball methodically. Seeing RA light it up in Carolina, the excuses are starting to fall away for Darnold

Just like the excuses are starting to fall away for the captain of the Titanic

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This could be the dopiest post of the week. 

Go to SAR’s profile. Hit “follow.” Thank me later.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No matter what Flacco did today we already knew it was going to somehow be twisted into an excuse for Sam.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Flacco played safe and didn’t really push to try and win the Game.  He took what they gave him. 

Sam plays to win.  He tries to win. no one’s ever open but he pushes because he’s trying to win.  

Through week 4 jets WRs had 4th highest distance of separation in the league.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

No matter what Flacco did today we already knew it was going to somehow be twisted into an excuse for Sam.

Except that hasn't happened

No matter how many times you said it would

Flacco was worse than Sam, against the worst defense we've faced

Theres no excuse needed, the team is devoid of talent on the offense.  To complain that repeating that is making excuses is wrong

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Except that hasn't happened

No matter how many times you said it would

Flacco was worse than Sam, against the worst defense we've faced

Theres no excuse needed, the team is devoid of talent on the offense.  To complain that repeating that is making excuses is wrong

Not going to curate posts for you. Reading is fundamental.

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right. 

I read all week on here that the offense would suddenly look competent with a veteran QB who didn't get rattled.

Well, we just played the worst defense we have played all year (probably by a considerable margin) and that didn't happen. 

I am one of the people who thought we would look competent offensively.  I was wrong.  It was the same inept offense.  Bad on 3rd down.  Bad in the red zone.  Multiple drops.  But watching Flacco struggle in this offense today does not make me feel better about Darnold - it does not change what I see when I watch the coaches film.  But I am not going to argue that Flacco ran the offense any better. 

Still hoping to see a better Darnold when he returns to the lineup.  If healthy, he should get the rest of the season, hopefully with some pieces coming back to prove what he can (or can't) be.

And fwiw, through 4 games Arizona's is ranked ahead of both Denver and Buffalo in both total defense and scoring defense.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Just like the excuses are starting to fall away for the captain of the Titanic

Go to SAR’s profile. Hit “follow.” Thank me later.

Through week 4 jets WRs had 4th highest distance of separation in the league.

When you write things like that it makes me think you’re either a ridiculous troll or don’t actually watch NFL and certainly do no watch the Jets play.

They have the worst WR core in the league and it’s not even close. It might be the worst I’ve actually even seen.

I’m not sure where a stat like that came from but I would suggest you not use that source anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

When you write things like that it makes me think you’re either a ridiculous troll or don’t actually watch NFL and certainly do no watch the Jets play.

They have the worst WR core in the league and it’s not even close. It might be the worst I’ve actually even seen.

I’m not sure where a stat like that came from but I would suggest you not use that source anymore.

I don’t create reality I only deliver it with a bow on top 

Get him the f'ck away from he worst offenseive coach in the league for a start.  He looked one hell of a lot better with friggin Bates.

Gase needs to be fired now as in right now so we have at least a feeling as to whether darnold can improve with a guy like jim bob cooter running things.

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Get him the f'ck away from he worst offenseive coach in the league for a start.  He looked one hell of a lot better with friggin Bates.

Gase needs to be fired now as in right now so we have at least a feeling as to whether darnold can improve with a guy like jim bob cooter running things.

It is true everyone usually feels better with a little cooter 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Thank you!

People don't see this!

THE JETS WERE BLOWN OUT TODAY!!!

THEY LOST BY TWENTY POINTS!!!!!

BLOWN OUT!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I am one of the people who thought we would look competent offensively.  I was wrong.  It was the same inept offense.  Bad on 3rd down.  Bad in the red zone.  Multiple drops.  But watching Flacco struggle in this offense today does not make me feel better about Darnold - it does not change what I see when I watch the coaches film.  But I am not going to argue that Flacco ran the offense any better. 

Still hoping to see a better Darnold when he returns to the lineup.  If healthy, he should get the rest of the season, hopefully with some pieces coming back to prove what he can (or can't) be.

And fwiw, through 4 games Arizona's is ranked ahead of both Denver and Buffalo in both total defense and scoring defense.

Completely agree.

27 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

People don't see this!

THE JETS WERE BLOWN OUT TODAY!!!

THEY LOST BY TWENTY POINTS!!!!!

BLOWN OUT!!!!!

Entering today we'd lost our first 4 games by an average of 16.5 points.

20 is a lot but so was the 29-point loss to Indy, 18-point loss to SF, and the not-as-close-as-it-seemed 10 we lost by to Buffalo.

Darnold is barely better than Joe Flacco.  Yay!

First thing that was extremely noticeable was that he was far more composed in the pocket. If we gave him time he would take it. Was patient. Makes you realise how nervous Sam is in comparison, often scrambling when there's no pressure just because he's so accustomed to it. 

He lacks Sam's ability to improvise and make stuff out of nothing but like with Sam he was let down by horrible drops. His line would have actually looked pretty good on the day if not for those. 

Impressive enough for performance for a backup. Certainly relative to Siemian and Falk. He wasn't significantly better or worse than Darnold, which is concerning for Sam. 

One thing is very clear. 
Gase trusts Flacco by allowing him to audible and doing SOME pre snap motion.
Has me worried that this sh*t-tard team will actually get rid of Sam, keep Flacco & Gase next year.

Not even a slight chance. If he gets rid of Sam it will be for a stud rookie. And there is zero chance Gase is coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app