Sign in to follow this  
Dcat

Claypool

If the Jets drafted Claypool he wouldn't be having any 4 TD games - that's for sure. We would probably be calling him a bust right about now with Gase's ahead of its time offensive scheme. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

If the Jets drafted Claypool he wouldn't be having any 4 TD games - that's for sure. We would probably be calling him a bust right about now with Gase's ahead of its time offensive scheme. 

This. Please stop with this nonsense that the rookie WR flavor of the week would have made all the difference for the Jets. It's absurd and ridiculous.  At this point, the only thing to care about is getting the first pick and hiring the right HC for next season.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What are you talking about?  Quite a few of the college football guys around here were clamoring for Claypool with our 2nd round pick back in April.  I wasn't one of them, as I don't follow the college game closely at all, but I definitely recall others doing so.

Just because you don't pay attention to that stuff doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I am talking about everyone and their mother thinks they are the greatest would be GM known to man. Hindsight everyone likes to talk like they had it down. Please.

Just now, pointman said:

I am talking about everyone and their mother thinks they are the greatest would be GM known to man. Hindsight everyone likes to talk like they had it down. Please.

Except I'm not talking about hindsight I'm talking about foresight.  People here were talking up Claypool in a big way before and during the draft.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except I'm not talking about hindsight I'm talking about foresight.  People here were talking up Claypool in a big way before and during the draft.

People talk up a lot of players. Many miss. The ones that hit, people act like they should have replaced Tannenbaum. Which.. seeing how things went since, may have been true.

Just now, pointman said:

People talk up a lot of players. Many miss. The ones that hit, people act like they should have replaced Tannenbaum. Which.. seeing how things went since, may have been true.

I'd take a coalition of JN college draftniks over any GM in Jets history and at least half of the current GMs in the NFL.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd take a coalition of JN college draftniks over any GM in Jets history and at least half of the current GMs in the NFL.

Law And Order Dickwolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

How many threads are you going to post a "I'm back" gif in your desperate plea for attention?

Hes a whore. Maybe of the attention variety. Has to make a thread to announce he quits, even though no one cares. Then he has to post his return in threads, even though no one cares. Thats what whores do.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This. Please stop with this nonsense that the rookie WR flavor of the week would have made all the difference for the Jets. It's absurd and ridiculous.  At this point, the only thing to care about is getting the first pick and hiring the right HC for next season.

He may not be having 4 TDs in a game but only a blind man can't see this guy is good.  If he was on the Jets he would still demonstrate that ability.   No one is saying he would make all the difference for the Jets so please stop with this silly straw man arguments.  All people are saying is this guy is damn good and many of us were hoping the team would draft him.   If Mims were healthy I would expect that he also would be playing well.  I don't buy this "on the Jets he would suck" narrative.    

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This. Please stop with this nonsense that the rookie WR flavor of the week would have made all the difference for the Jets. It's absurd and ridiculous

You just love to exaggerate.  No one said "all the difference".  So what is absurd is your misinterpretation of the concern about Mims, which is quite legitimate.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

The Jets have been consistently bad at the draft. It spans regimes. The frustration is justified, especially with this latest class looking like another dud. The Jets scouting process is god awful and you'd probably have a better roster assembled if we crowd sourced each pick from the board.

You draft 2 or 3 wrs in a deep wr draft to insulate for what happened to mims and the jets. 

You have a huge need and a deep draft at  WR that is 100% when you double or triple dip like about 10 NFL teams did this year.

Douglas screwed up on this one, badly.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets have been consistently bad at the draft. It spans regimes. The frustration is justified, especially with this latest class looking like another dud. The Jets scouting process is god awful and you'd probably have a better roster assembled if we crowd sourced each pick from the board.

I'm still mad about Alshon Jeffrey, Burfict, Honey Badger, and Barkevious Mingo.. only for his amazing name, but still. 

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Look. You're not wrong in the broader sense. It is irritating that we too often endure these "after-the-fact" know it alls - about all things Jets/GMing. Trust me... i know (for real).   This particular example/thread however, was just not a good example. The JN community has their finger on the college talent pulse. It's like, one of the few feathers in the cap we have at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Look. You're not wrong in the broader sense. It is irritating that we too often endure these "after-the-fact" know it alls - about all things Jets/GMing. Trust me... i know (for real).   This particular example/thread however, was just not a good example. The JN community has their finger on the college talent pulse. It's like, one of the few feathers in the cap we have at the moment. 

Point is, it happens all the time. This time, or another, its all the same. Major talent is major talent. That isn't the point. Trust me, I know. 

8 minutes ago, pointman said:

Point is, it happens all the time. This time, or another, its all the same. Major talent is major talent. That isn't the point. Trust me, I know. 

I give up.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fullblast said:

Just makes it more likey that Juju becomes available this off-season.

All good.

LOL!  Don't be silly..It will be like Neal O'donell, and Levon Bell coming here after career in Pitt and then he would forget how to play or Farrior going there and he learned how to be a Pro.

We did okay with Fanenca but not long enough.