One trick pony almost 100 at the half

kmnj

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

If Robbie came back he’d be bad.  He’s not a #1 receiver and in Carolina he’s a 2 or 3, where he should be.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

There is absolutely no player develepment at all under this regime.  And I thought Bowles, Rex and especially Herm were horrible with that too.  Is it not part of the GM and HC vetting to examine their history in doing so? 

THe Johnsons have no brains whatsoever.  Vacuous, insipid and childlike.

Now is hands down the worst ever.  With this same pure garbage they have up and down the organization they could draft John Elway next year and he’d be out of the league in a few years.

I said it over and over since Robby Anderson suited up for the Jets.  He has a very very special skill set that can’t be taught and even if that’s all he’s got ie “1 trick pony” that doesn’t matter because he can get behind and burn ANY Corner in the league All Pros doesn’t matter.  Now whether it’s due to QBs who don’t have the arm to get it to him or coaches who are c*nts and are scared to throw deep, NONE of that is Robby Anderson’s fault, sign this man, and fix the problem(s) on the other end.

Still can’t believe Douglas let him walk over chump change.  But most importantly he was the ONLY WR who had any real chemistry with Darnold, you know the guy you traded a bushel of high draft picks for and drafted 3rd, maybe it might make just a little sense to try and help him out?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Come again?

TWSS :D 

The Jets lost by 20 points in a game where the QB, once again, was checking down for short passes, getting sacked, getting Delay of Game penalties, threw for under 200 yards, held onto the football too long and threw to guys who can't catch.  Are you blaming Flacco for not putting points on the board despite having at least one drive handed to him starting inside the AZ 20 yard line?  Do you think Johnny Unitas puts up 20+ points today?

Your right except for the chemistry with Darnold

Darnold could not get the ball to robbie at all. Robbie had at least 4-5 more td last year if Darnold could throw a decent deep ball.

Now is hands down the worst ever.  With this same pure garbage they have up and down the organization they could draft John Elway next year and he’d be out of the league in a few years.
I said it over and over since Robby Anderson suited up for the Jets.  He has a very very special skill set that can’t be taught and even if that’s all he’s got ie “1 trick pony” that doesn’t matter because he can get behind and burn ANY Corner in the league All Pros doesn’t matter.  Now whether it’s due to QBs who don’t have the arm to get it to him or coaches who are c*nts and are scared to throw deep, NONE of that is Robby Anderson’s fault, sign this man, and fix the problem(s) on the other end.

Still can’t believe Douglas let him walk over chump change.  But most importantly he was the ONLY WR who had any real chemistry with Darnold, you know the guy you traded a bushel of high draft picks for and drafted 3rd, maybe it might make just a little sense to try and help him out?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why are you guys not seeing the problem? It’s not that we didn’t bring him back, it’s that this coaching staff couldn’t find ways to further his game like Carolina is doing. 
Just further proof we shouldn’t judge half this team under this staff. It’s atrocious. 

Robby would be putting up the same numbers he’s always have if he was still here. People just see him ballin for a different team and want to cry over their ex...

Amazing what coaching and putting players in the best position to succeed can do ??‍♂️

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'll be the first to tell you that i am STUNNED

If you told me Anderson was going to ball out with route running and earned yardage working with Bridgewater - i'd have laughed. 

He's doing it. 

Toadaso

l_m5JK3OgITizRduahWodMP6Qt6LEXo4LFf6vR7d

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

TWSS :D 

The Jets lost by 20 points in a game where the QB, once again, was checking down for short passes, getting sacked, getting Delay of Game penalties, threw for under 200 yards, held onto the football too long and threw to guys who can't catch.  Are you blaming Flacco for not putting points on the board despite having at least one drive handed to him starting inside the AZ 20 yard line?  Do you think Johnny Unitas puts up 20+ points today?

Berrios and Smith both dropped TD passes that were dropped right in the bread basket. We have scrubs across the board. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The biggest gaff to date is that JD didn't lock up Robby BEFORE he hit free agency because he had plenty of time to re-sign him to a team friendly contract.  It's amazing how so many armchair GM's can get it right but the man being paid millions of dollars year in and year out keeps F'in up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I didn't either, but I thought he was easily our best offensive playmaker and I wanted him back. I would have easily given him what Carolina did. 

Rhule is his college coach, is he not? We would probably have had to tack on a couple of million extra guaranteed to entice Robby to sign with the Jets once the Panthers made their feelings towards him known.

13 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Berrios and Smith both dropped TD passes that were dropped right in the bread basket. We have scrubs across the board. 

It's amazing to me that people feel replacing Darnold or Flacco with Trevor Lawrence or anyone would make a big difference.  It won't.  Not until the coaching is better and there are guys who can run accurate routes and catch footballs.

4 hours ago, heymangold said:

If Robbie came back he’d be bad.  He’s not a #1 receiver and in Carolina he’s a 2 or 3, where he should be.  

Not sure that Anderson is a #2 receiver at Carolina. He's pretty comfortably leading their corps with catches and yards and seems to be Teddy's favourite target. DJ Moore was the #1 receiver going into the season and he's up to 381 yards on 22 catches with one touchdown, whereas Anderson now has 489 yards on 36 catches, with one touchdown. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Rhule is his college coach, is he not? We would probably have had to tack on a couple of million extra guaranteed to entice Robby to sign with the Jets once the Panthers made their feelings towards him known.

There are several reports that suggest Robbie wanted to remain a Jet, but the Jets offer to him was disrespectful.

There were reports of him crying because he wanted to remain a Jet.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Joe Douglas making a late charge to be considered one of the big problems on the Jets.  Sent the wrong guys away, brought the wrong guys here.  Either can't identify players with a propensity for injury or can't manage an organization's training staff to keep players healthy.  The only things he's done well are accumulate money and draft picks so in that regard his ceiling seems to be... Idzik.

After Flacco showed that virtually no QB would do well here where does this team go now?  Try to upgrade the QB again on a bad team in the hopes of losing something like 30-17 instead of 30-10 today? 

It's amazing the mind's capacity to see literally whatever it wants to see.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The people dismissing him because of the notion that he “wouldn’t have those numbers bears here” are completely  missing the point.  The Jets needed to start stockpiling WR talent to form some sort of a balanced group, merely swapping guys isn’t getting this franchise anywhere.   

Oh, so if we only replaced the Coach, Coordinators, QB, RB's, other WR's and O-line THEN he would have been worth keeping.  Got it.

Carry on, lol.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

One average game this year and the rest he’s gone off for 100 yards every game. ******* hate this team. How do you let your only good WR walk out over a few extra million.

its pretty damn obvious he deserved what he was asking for.

3FD13275-FAE2-495D-846F-083A769FEDA2.jpeg

After today, Robby Anderson has already had more games with 8 or more targets than he did in all of 2019.

#Brilliant.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

After today, Robby Anderson has already had more games with 8 or more targets than he did in all of 2019.

#Brilliant.

Coaching matters so much and even more so in the NFL. I can’t believe after Houston & ATL both paved the way for us to dump our own garbage, we still are sitting here with our thumb up our ass, at 0-5, without any action. Claypoole had 3 TD’s in today‘s game...Adam Gase’s offense has produced 5 all season. There is fine line between showing patience for public appeal when you do fire him and just plain blind ignorance.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Joe Douglas making a late charge to be considered one of the big problems on the Jets.  Sent the wrong guys away, brought the wrong guys here.  Either can't identify players with a propensity for injury or can't manage an organization's training staff to keep players healthy.  The only things he's done well are accumulate money and draft picks so in that regard his ceiling seems to be... Idzik.

After Flacco showed that virtually no QB would do well here where does this team go now?  Try to upgrade the QB again on a bad team in the hopes of losing something like 30-17 instead of 30-10 today? 

Joe Douglas made almost all the wrong moves this past off-season. This is the worst I've seen this franchise start a season.

Jets 75 Oppenents 161 DIFF -86

There's still 11 games left and were on pace to be outscored by over 275 points. 

The Jets fan base is full bore apathetic. 

Garbage roster, bad coaching, and toxic morale at One Jets Drive.

• Upvote 1

Robby can have 120 catches. 1700 yards and 12 TDs and there would be a group who would say “he wouldn’t do that here so who cares.” The Robby is a one trick pony crowd are being proven wrong plain and simple. Macc should have extended him or JD should have kept him. Is what it is now. We stink. Moving on 

• Upvote 4

BTW, for the hell of it I put $20 on Robby Anderson to lead the NFL in receiving yards last year at 100/1, thinking Gase would do last year what Rhule is doing this year.  If that dude keeps up this pace, I might put a foot through my television.