One trick pony almost 100 at the half

kmnj

Last week vs Arizona. He torched Patrick Peterson with a variety of routes - look at how open he gets. Not a #1 though.

This week. Just wow. All the routes. Incredible catches. Going across the middle and attacking the ball, doing all these things I've been told he couldn't do. Look at that stat - more catches in Panthers history at this stage in the season. A franchise that had prime Steve Smith. Nothing special though.

He's clowning the haters and I love it. Best thing about this dumpster fire of a season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why are you guys not seeing the problem? It’s not that we didn’t bring him back, it’s that this coaching staff couldn’t find ways to further his game like Carolina is doing. 
Just further proof we shouldn’t judge half this team under this staff. It’s atrocious. 

Everyone sees the problem ?

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'll be the first to tell you that i am STUNNED

If you told me Anderson was going to ball out with route running and earned yardage working with Bridgewater - i'd have laughed. 

He's doing it. 

Good coaching can create amazing results. I watched the entire Panther game yesterday and came away extremely impressed with their offense scheme. They play dam@ hard for Rhule. 

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets fans always bitch when someone wants to get paid. They never want to pay anyone. Robby got a very reasonable contract and he’s having a remarkable season

Anderson didn’t really get paid. The Jets made an internal decision where they didn’t want him on the team.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets fans always bitch when someone wants to get paid. They never want to pay anyone. Robby got a very reasonable contract and he’s having a remarkable season

So what if we bitch. As if the result is a product of fans’ reactions.  It’s not like management makes decisions based on our opinions. Just dumb 

My gut tells me that if JD discussed with Chris, Hymie and Gase whether to extend Robby, the idea was discouraged.  Too difficult.  Nut in the eye.  $10mm for a former UDFA.  BMI of like 12. 

On Kalil, JD probably blamed Gase.  

Bargain rate OL-Chris and Hymie were in on that plan. 

Injured players?  JD blames Gase.

JD is doing fine for now.  Its 50/50 he makes it to year 5 of his contract now, but I think he is secured before then.  

20 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Clearly Sam was holding robby back

This. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS and yet...  people slagged Robbo. Meanwhile the "Sam is special!Sam is elite! Sam is our Savior!" mantra goes on and on and on and....

Sam the fuggin GWH..   is the biggest Jets bust ever...  4 picks! 4!!!

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Jets fans hate it when guys want to get paid. Then later regret letting these players go. What else is new?

There aren't a lot of players I regret seeing go.  In the last decade I think that list is now just Robby Anderson (kind of) and Demario Davis.  

By and large, Jets players suck here and then suck elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Oh, so if we only replaced the Coach, Coordinators, QB, RB's, other WR's and O-line THEN he would have been worth keeping.  Got it.

Carry on, lol.

No what he is saying is we should have signed Anderson and ADDED more wide receiver talent instead of basically swapping him for Perriman.   We either could have signed him AND Perriman or we could have added more than one receiver from an incredibly deep and talented group of receivers in this draft.   In other words, he had a chance to fix one area of our offense and instead he has actually allowed it to get worse.  There is no excuse for that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

No what he is saying is we should have signed Anderson and ADDED more wide receiver talent instead of basically swapping him for Perriman.

I appreciate that he is hurt and non-performing, but Mims is "adding more WR talent".  He's a 2nd round draft pick after all.

We either could have signed him AND Perriman or we could have added more than one receiver from an incredibly deep and talented group of receivers in this draft.

Yes, the deep draft class that was mostly gone by our 2nd round pick.  Sure, we could have taken a guy like Gandy-Golden (the popular choice on draft day at the Morgan pick), and his 1 reception and 3 yards so far in 2020.  

In other words, he had a chance to fix one area of our offense and instead he has actually allowed it to get worse.  There is no excuse for that.

Sure there is.  Injuries.  When your #1, #3, #4, #5 and #6 WR's are all injured or missing considerable time to injury, your WR corp. is going to look pretty poor.

Let's use an example, how do you think Teddy Bridgewater in Carolina would be doing, if Anderson, Moore, Samuel, Roberts and McCaffrey were all hurt or missed significant time.

JD should have done better, there is no question the results prove that out.  I'm utterly unconvinced that signing Anderson to a long term, high value deal here as our #1 WR would make us in ANY way better off today, or this season, than we are without him.  So far, the argument continues to be "but look, he's good there, we shoulda kept him", a logical fallacy is ever there was one. 

No one, even Anderson's biggest fanbois, are actually arguing he'd have 489 yards thru 5 games here, because EVERYONE knows he wouldn't have anything close to that here.  So instead it's some lame "well, if we kept him, and like, I don't know, changed everyone else but him, THEN he'd be this awesome here!" as if that means anything at all.  It's navel gazing belly button lint thinking at best.

Meanwhile, JD is on the hot seat, and better fix the WR position here in 2021, or he too will be out of a job.  We should all be hoping we get better than Anderson.  Not pining FOR a guy, here, who was a nobody 700 yard a year guy with THIS team and talent.

P.S. I wanted to draft Jerry Jeudy at #11, not Becton.  So please, don't act like I was unaware WR was a need.  I wouldn't have gone O-line till the 3rd if I were GM, but who knows, Becton looks like a stud, but even he is being wasted by Gase, who got him hurt stupidly.

Want something that will help us?  Stop thinking small beans like Anderson, start thinking "Fire Gase, Cut Darnold".  Because THOSE are our two biggest problems on offense today.  The rest is insignificant by comparison.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:49 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Who are the "one trick pony" people who thought he was "interchangeable with Perriman?" I keep seeing this referenced but don't remember seeing that sentiment at all. The "Jets fans deserve this" stuff is BS. Most of us wanted to keep him. I know I did -- and predicted he'd blow up in a competent offense several times.

I remember people saying don’t let the door hit ya. They ridiculed the way he talked and made fun of his hair, and called him druggie. They said he was stupid. Same with Jamal. They did everything but call him uppity. Our only All-Pro. Now they both left us in the dust and are glad to be out of this train wreck of a team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, jetstream23 said:

It may not be an exaggeration to say that there's literally nothing in the entire organization here that's good.  Seriously.

From ownership and GM to Head Coach and players, zero positives.  None.

fail black and white GIF

I do like the uniforms.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I remember people saying don’t let the door hit ya. They ridiculed the way he talked and made fun of his hair, and called him druggie. They said he was stupid. Same with Jamal. They did everything but call him uppity. Our only All-Pro. Now they both left us in the dust and are glad to be out of this train wreck of a team. 

So we're racists now if we didn't like Anderson?

Somehow Anderson critics are perfectly ok watching and rooting for a team full of black players for decades on end, and proudly wear black players names on our backs, but suddenly, with Anderson and Adams, we're all KKK white-hood wearin' racists?

Is that your argument, that Jets Fans who were ok with him leaving were so because we're racist?  Even if the guy we wanted to REPLACE Anderson was also black?

Feel free to explain that one....

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Somehow Anderson critics are perfectly ok watching and rooting for a team full of black players for decades on end, and proudly wear black players names on our backs, but suddenly, with Anderson and Adams, we're all KKK white-hood wearin' racists?

Is that your argument, that Jets Fans who were ok with him leaving were so because we're racist?  Even if the guy we wanted to REPLACE Anderson was also black?

Racism isnt based on logic. Never has been , never will be.

But its easy to spot dog whistles and coded language.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do feel free.