Sign in to follow this  
kmnj

One trick pony almost 100 at the half

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We should have kept Anderson, added perriman AND drafted Mims. Those 3 + Crowder and I would have  a much different opinion of the job Douglas has done 

Can’t you read?

If we’d re-signed Anderson then we couldn’t have drafted Mims because the moment the contract is signed we’d make a $10-11MM/year WR - with 1 year guaranteed - the de facto #1 WR for the next 5 years.

Would have totally paralyzed the team — plus our veteran starters Crowder & Perriman had never been injured before or something lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So we're racists now if we didn't like Anderson?

Somehow Anderson critics are perfectly ok watching and rooting for a team full of black players for decades on end, and proudly wear black players names on our backs, but suddenly, with Anderson and Adams, we're all KKK white-hood wearin' racists?

Is that your argument, that Jets Fans who were ok with him leaving were so because we're racist?  Even if the guy we wanted to REPLACE Anderson was also black?

Feel free to explain that one....

I don’t get this vibe from that post.  I know I wasn’t crying too much when anderson left and didn’t think he was well spoken but I didn’t think he was a thug or punk.  I saw an interview with him and he seemed pretty level headed and motivated to play.  Those are things that can’t be taught or coached. Good for him playing so well.

as for Adams, he wanted out and Seattle offered up a good deal.  See ya Jamal.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Also easy to spot UFOs if you smoke enough dope and spend your weekends out at the lake looking for them 

Sounds nice.

16 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

Good coaching can create amazing results. I watched the entire Panther game yesterday and came away extremely impressed with their offense scheme. They play dam@ hard for Rhule. 

like dick slapped across my face

Maybe it's my imagination but there was also vocal section of the fanbase that hated mo Wilkerson for cultural reasons and hid under the guise of overpaid and overrated

In other words sh*t runs downhill and like everything else with this team the Johnsons are ultimately to blame for the culture. If they prioritized paying talent, maybe some fans would have kept their sharp knives sheathed.

I remember people saying don’t let the door hit ya. They ridiculed the way he talked and made fun of his hair, and called him druggie. They said he was stupid. Same with Jamal. They did everything but call him uppity. Our only All-Pro. Now they both left us in the dust and are glad to be out of this train wreck of a team. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Jets just do not like playmakers at WR and guys who do not get hurt and are on the field 95% of the time........Santana last year playing for Jets......900 yds went to Washington as FA and put up 1483 yds.......Coles last year with Jets 1264 yds, went to Washington as FA put up 1204 yds.......Keyshawn trade,put up 1170 yds last year here went to the Bucs 850 yds the first year over 1100 the next......At least we received draft capital for Keyshawn.......Sure looks like Robby was not the problem playing with terrible coaching and mostly terrible QB play........

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate that he is hurt and non-performing, but Mims is "adding more WR talent".  He's a 2nd round draft pick after all.

Yes, the deep draft class that was mostly gone by our 2nd round pick.  Sure, we could have taken a guy like Gandy-Golden (the popular choice on draft day at the Morgan pick), and his 1 reception and 3 yards so far in 2020.  

Sure there is.  Injuries.  When your #1, #3, #4, #5 and #6 WR's are all injured or missing considerable time to injury, your WR corp. is going to look pretty poor.

Let's use an example, how do you think Teddy Bridgewater in Carolina would be doing, if Anderson, Moore, Samuel, Roberts and McCaffrey were all hurt or missed significant time.

JD should have done better, there is no question the results prove that out.  I'm utterly unconvinced that signing Anderson to a long term, high value deal here as our #1 WR would make us in ANY way better off today, or this season, than we are without him.  So far, the argument continues to be "but look, he's good there, we shoulda kept him", a logical fallacy is ever there was one. 

No one, even Anderson's biggest fanbois, are actually arguing he'd have 489 yards thru 5 games here, because EVERYONE knows he wouldn't have anything close to that here.  So instead it's some lame "well, if we kept him, and like, I don't know, changed everyone else but him, THEN he'd be this awesome here!" as if that means anything at all.  It's navel gazing belly button lint thinking at best.

Meanwhile, JD is on the hot seat, and better fix the WR position here in 2021, or he too will be out of a job.  We should all be hoping we get better than Anderson.  Not pining FOR a guy, here, who was a nobody 700 yard a year guy with THIS team and talent.

P.S. I wanted to draft Jerry Jeudy at #11, not Becton.  So please, don't act like I was unaware WR was a need.  I wouldn't have gone O-line till the 3rd if I were GM, but who knows, Becton looks like a stud, but even he is being wasted by Gase, who got him hurt stupidly.

Want something that will help us?  Stop thinking small beans like Anderson, start thinking "Fire Gase, Cut Darnold".  Because THOSE are our two biggest problems on offense today.  The rest is insignificant by comparison.

Golden is just one of several players that were available; I noticed you didn't mention Collin Johnson, Tyler Johnson, John Hightower, Bryan Edwards to name a few receivers who went mid to late in the draft.     

No one is obsessing on Anderson, folks are just making an informed observation.  The dude damn averaged about 800-900 a year in receptions, 4-6 TDs so why is is such a stretch to think he would not continue to improve here?   Granted our offense has flat lined with all the injuries but if there is one thing that was clear, it was Sam had good chemistry with Robby.     Are you really trying to tell me that Sam would not have benefited from having Anderson, Chrowder, Mims and another mid to late round receiver that could eventually replace Crowder in a year or two?    Any way you look at it JD didn't do a good job here.  He lucked into Mims and then totally dismissed all the other offensive talent available.  

What you seem to be missing (perhaps on purpose) is JD had a chance to totally address our WR situation for years to come and took a band aid approach.  He took 1 receiver in one of the best receiver classes in years, he allowed his most dangerous receiver to walk and  gambled on an injury-injury prone player with a few good games to his career.    

BTW you do realize that we can want Anderson signed and still want to fire Gase/trade Darnold, right?   That wanting the former has no impact on how one feels about latter?  I mean this is a thread about Anderson, is it not?