Good time for Joe Douglas to give Jerry Jones a call

deucebag

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jerry Jones reaction to JD calling him and offering the Cowboys Sam Darnold. 

Jerry Jones is playing a unique form of hardball with Dak Prescott

More like

Dog Lol GIF

12 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

They aren't trading Darnold unless they get the #1 pick. That is still more unlikely than likely to happen based on all statistical projections Jets only have a 30% chance. 

Jets have no one except Bechton who would return a #1 pick. And I’m happy to put those odds at 100%.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

I didn't know having a WR1 turned a team into having an 'Elite supporting cast'

You dont watch much football, do you?

Dalton always had a WR1, WR2 and a WR3.  Darnold has never had ONE WR aside from a usually lazy Robby.  How about TE's?  Gresham was an elite TE, Eifert was an impact player when healthy.  The Bengals offense had a 1,000 yd rusher every year Dalton was QB except for one - that year they had two 700yd rushers.   

I'm lost for words. Dalton had AJ Green, Mohammed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Jermaine Gresham, Joe Mixon and Jeremey Hill in their primes and could never get it done.  Darnold has not played with anyone who could be mentioned in the same sentence as any of those guys.  

Its really pointless to argue with you - you have decided that Darnold sucks - good for you, take a stand and stick by it, your parents must be proud.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, deucebag said:

Dalton always had a WR1, WR2 and a WR3.  Darnold has never had ONE WR aside from a usually lazy Robby.  How about TE's?  Gresham was an elite TE, Eifert was an impact player when healthy.  The Bengals offense had a 1,000 yd rusher every year Dalton was QB except for one - that year they had two 700yd rushers.   

I'm lost for words. Dalton had AJ Green, Mohammed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Jermaine Gresham, Joe Mixon and Jeremey Hill in their primes and could never get it done.  Darnold has not played with anyone who could be mentioned in the same sentence as any of those guys.  

Its really pointless to argue with you - you have decided that Darnold sucks - good for you, take a stand and stick by it, your parents must be proud.

Pssst... most QBs who suck on bad teams also just suck

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The same Robbie Anderson that is on pace to have WR1 numbers in Carolina this year? The Bengals had a decent supporting cast, but to say they were elite is stretching the truth to make your point. They had a decent team, made the playoffs and were promptly bounced out. I look at that list of players and I don't see elite anywhere other than AJ Green, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'd love nothing more than for Darnold to be good, but he hasn't done squat in the NFL. 32 out of 32 teams would start Dalton over Darnold to win a game today. The only upside Darnold has over Dalton is youth and the mythical 'potential/upside' that hasn't happened in 3 years. The comp was Darnold's floor was Dalton and upside was Romo, now its looking like the comp is Darnold's floor is Sanchez and his ceiling is Dalton. Which brings me back to my original post, that he's a poor man's Dalton so why would they trade for him?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Icer said:

The same Robbie Anderson that is on pace to have WR1 numbers in Carolina this year? The Bengals had a decent supporting cast, but to say they were elite is stretching the truth to make your point. They had a decent team, made the playoffs and were promptly bounced out. I look at that list of players and I don't see elite anywhere other than AJ Green, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'd love nothing more than for Darnold to be good, but he hasn't done squat in the NFL. 32 out of 32 teams would start Dalton over Darnold to win a game today. The only upside Darnold has over Dalton is youth and the mythical 'potential/upside' that hasn't happened in 3 years. The comp was Darnold's floor was Dalton and upside was Romo, now its looking like the comp is Darnold's floor is Sanchez and his ceiling is Dalton. Which brings me back to my original post, that he's a poor man's Dalton so why would they trade for him?

Hmm, maybe having Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore on the field at the same time has helped Robbie just a bit, not to mention he plays on a team whose OL gives his QB time to throw - something Sam never had.

I dont know where you get your scouting reports from - but Darnold was never compared to either Tony Romo or Andy Daulton.  You are just spewing trash.  With your reasoning, Lamarr Jackson, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield would be superstars on this current Jets team.  You are probably one of them who wrote off Derek Carr, well look at that, all of the sudden he's playing pretty damn well again now that he has a stable of weapons and a 1,000 rusher.  

It is beyond asinine to write off Darnold looking at the situations he has been thrown into.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, deucebag said:

AJ Green 

Mohammed Sanu

Marvin Jones

Jermaine Gresham

Tyler Boyd

Also, they had a successful running every year Dalton was a starter.

Who has Darnold played with on the Jets?  Ohh I forgot, silly me, he's blown opportunities for greatness with teammates such as Isaiah Crowell, Matt Forte, Chris Herndon, Terrelle Pryor, Rishard Matthews, Vyncint Smith, Neal Sterling and Josh Malone.  We should have been a playoff team the last two years if it weren't for Darnold. 

The hate for Darnold is unreal, he's been trying to develop into an NFL QB while playing on a Division III College caliber team.

Fully agree

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Hmm, maybe having Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore on the field at the same time has helped Robbie just a bit, not to mention he plays on a team whose OL gives his QB time to throw - something Sam never had.

I dont know where you get your scouting reports from - but Darnold was never compared to either Tony Romo or Andy Daulton.  You are just spewing trash.  With your reasoning, Lamarr Jackson, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield would be superstars on this current Jets team.  You are probably one of them who wrote off Derek Carr, well look at that, all of the sudden he's playing pretty damn well again now that he has a stable of weapons and a 1,000 rusher.  

It is beyond asinine to write off Darnold looking at the situations he has been thrown into.

100%

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Literally the first google search result on NFL comparisons for Darnold has multiple exec's picking Romo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/ask-5-what-s-best-nfl-comp-for-usc-qb-sam-darnold-0ap3000000922369

You can keep hoping that Darnold is secretly a great QB when all evidence shows otherwise. I'm okay with critiquing him fairly regardless of whether or not he plays on the team I like.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

In a serious training camp where Darnold and Dalton compete for the job fairly?  Dalton wins that battle every time.  He's a better QB by a mile.  You see those two throws at the end last night?   Darnold dreams of those.   Forget it.   Dallas does not want our QB miss.

You mean like this throw?

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Absolutely not.  What happens if we don’t get Lawrence, either by not getting the top pick or him not wanted to play here as the media seems determined to postulate?

Then we’d be left with nobody.  That would be an all-time dumb move.

I would wait until the offseason to try to do a deal with the cowboys.  We would have to have both the #1 pick and a new head coach

The “lolz Sam sucks” people don’t understand that the cowboys have zero options.  Dalton is old and won’t even be under contract.  Dak is done it will be possibly 2 years before he even is cleared to play football again.  Cowboys will win too many games to have a top pick to get one of the top QBs.  

And I don’t care.  Sam is a talented young Qb.  Gase sucks and his supporting cast here is beyond horrific