Giants v. Jets

TMAC

Both teams are 0-5 but that's where the similarity ends.  The Giants are competitive.  They are actually entertaining.  Daniel Jones makes mistakes but he also does some great things.  Manages to finish plays under extraordinary pressure.  The Giants don't quit until the final whistle.  This season will be tough for them and their new coach but Giant fans have reason to be hopeful.

The Jets, on the other hand, are rarely competitive any more.  After they finally scored a touchdown today, the defense promptly gave up a touchdown with heartless weak play. Overall, it was a disgusting performance. They were in the RedZone twice in the first half and came away with three points.  Couldn't get a yard on two tries.  The play calling was amateurish.  You have L'eveon Bell and Frank Gore on your roster and you give the ball to the tight end?

I can actually say for the first time in my life, I watched the Jets and simply didn't care what happened--good or bad (except I did not want injuries).  This is what Chris Johnson and Adam Gase have accomplished.

• Upvote 2

On 10/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, TokyoJetsFan said:

only thing going our way is Andrew Thomas was the first of the OT's selected and my friend who is a Giants fan said that 2 point conversion catch today was the only thing he's done right so far this year.  So happy we have Becton.

*Assuming he can get back on the field and stay there*

On 10/11/2020 at 8:11 PM, TMAC said:

Both teams are 0-5 but that's where the similarity ends.  The Giants are competitive.  They are actually entertaining.  Daniel Jones makes mistakes but he also does some great things.  Manages to finish plays under extraordinary pressure.  The Giants don't quit until the final whistle.  This season will be tough for them and their new coach but Giant fans have reason to be hopeful.

The Jets, on the other hand, are rarely competitive any more.  After they finally scored a touchdown today, the defense promptly gave up a touchdown with heartless weak play. Overall, it was a disgusting performance. They were in the RedZone twice in the first half and came away with three points.  Couldn't get a yard on two tries.  The play calling was amateurish.  You have L'eveon Bell and Frank Gore on your roster and you give the ball to the tight end?

I can actually say for the first time in my life, I watched the Jets and simply didn't care what happened--good or bad (except I did not want injuries).  This is what Chris Johnson and Adam Gase have accomplished.

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Daniel Jones hasn't thrown/rushed for a TD in four weeks, is there another starting QB in recent history that has done this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/ja7otq/daniel_jones_hasnt_thrownrushed_for_a_td_in_four/

I'm old enough to remember when Daniel Jones was doing "some great things."

Aside from 0 TD passes in 4 weeks, he has 3 INTs and 5 fumbles. Once Barkley got hurt and teams didn't have to stack the box to contain Barkley it was lights out for Jones. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2020 at 8:21 PM, southparkcpa said:

Giants have far more talent..... it’s obvious to the naked eye.  

I believe they win 3 to 4 games.    We win DICK!!!!!

They really are much more talented.  It's just that Daniel Jones is the worst Qb in the NFL, yes, he's worse than Sam.

In terms of defense, toughness, effort, etc. Judge has them playing much, much better than us despite having no talent. 

But it's actually kind of amazing how bad their offense is, and how much Jones has regressed. Hiring Jason Garrett actually looks a lot like hiring Loggains/Gase right now. Even when DJ struggled last year, he was productive and moved the ball. They've scored 16 points or less four times so far this year, with only the inept Cowboys defense making them look respectable.

That said, I think they beat the Redskins next week, so I'm not really worried about the tanking stuff.

Until we fire Gase we're pretty much a lock not to win a game. I'm not scared.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Tony Romo disagrees.. and to the naked eye, he looked salvagable.

Daniel Jones is the only NFL QB I have seen with worse pocket awareness than Ken O'Brien.  Jones is a total bust.  Lets just hope the Giants don't think so. Leave TL for us !

9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Daniel Jones hasn't thrown/rushed for a TD in four weeks, is there another starting QB in recent history that has done this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/ja7otq/daniel_jones_hasnt_thrownrushed_for_a_td_in_four/

My guess would be the clown that was playing for Rutgers last year, but I figure you were just talking NFL.?