If We Lose Out On...

8 hours ago, southtown24th said:

I have a degree in Foreign Policy, International Law and Spanish from Villanova University. You?  Let's have it.

I don't believe you. 

Link me an audio clip of you speaking spanish, and then send me a copy of a policy paper you wrote for your 400 level class. 

You don't seem like a grifter, I'm sure you'd have no problem consenting to a thorough fact-check.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, pointman said:

I played football at a D1 school before transferring to an Ivy. I then got my Juris Doctor from an Ivy. I now am an independent contractor of specifics, you do not qualify to know. I like how you did not specify your occupation, you mediocre degenerate. 

So we are peers.

Glad we cleared that up.

I am hiring and I can get you out of that bi level in Hackensack. Hit me up! 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I don't believe you. 

Link me an audio clip of you speaking spanish, and then send me a copy of a policy paper you wrote for your 400 level class. 

You don't seem like a grifter, I'm sure you'd have no problem consenting to a thorough fact-check.

This is what we call the “internet”.  You don’t have to believe anything you read here. That’s up to you, Mike. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I don't believe you. 

The internet is a place for fact checking. You’re so smart.  

take a number and get in line, Tommy. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Who else here has a stable of Buicks? 1992 Buicks. Anyone else? 

I had a 1998 Buick Century I inherited when my dad passed away he bought the car brand new I got it with 19,000 miles on it. We used it as a 3rd car, great car smooth riding excellent on gas. A few years ago wife was coming home from the gym she lost the brakes on it and vowed to never drive it again.It had 92,000 miles on it. My mechanic said all the brake lines and fuel lines were rusted beyond repair so I drove for another month using the emergency brake to stop while I made my decision which was to sell it to a guy who replaced the brake lines and fuel lines. He drove that car another 2 years until he was t-boned and totaled. Buicks are good cars. I miss that car. 

It looked exactly like this. 

IMG_3266

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I had a 1998 Buick Century I inherited when my dad passed away he bought the car brand new I got it with 19,000 miles on it. We used it as a 3rd car, great car smooth riding excellent on gas. A few years ago wife was coming home from the gym she lost the brakes on it and vowed to never drive it again.It had 92,000 miles on it. My mechanic said all the brake lines and fuel lines were rusted beyond repair so I drove for another month using the emergency brake to stop while I made my decision which was to sell it to a guy who replaced the brake lines and fuel lines. He drove that car another 2 years until he was t-boned and totaled. Buicks are good cars. I miss that car. 

this. is. dope.

respect for this guy.

**** the BMW tool party.

this is what I am talking about.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

IMG_3266

oh hell yeah!

now that's what I am talking about.

(I don't have Buicks, unfortunately but, you have my vote)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

IMG_3266

Five-0

let's assume the Jets do get 1.1

why are we all so sure that Trevor Lawrence is so awesome

there was a thread Suck for Sam 17 that is quietly the best one on this board 

people thought Sam was going to go 1.1 and they thought a team needed to tank for him too 

this is coming from someone who has no opinion on Lawrence what so ever just saying this "tank for a prospect" stuff is blursed 

this isn't the NBA and Trevor Lawrence isn't LeBron. 1 pick can't save an NFL franchise

you guys know that, right? 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

let's assume the Jets do get 1.1

why are we all so sure that Trevor Lawrence is so awesome

there was a thread Suck for Sam 17 that is quietly the best one on this board 

people thought Sam was going to go 1.1 and they thought a team needed to tank for him too 

this is coming from someone who has no opinion on Lawrence what so ever just saying this "tank for a prospect" stuff is blursed 

this isn't the NBA and Trevor Lawrence isn't LeBron. 1 pick can't save an NFL franchise

you guys know that, right? 

The fanbase needs hope, bitonti. A messiah. A savior. A fresh face that can promise to lead us out of the abyss, into a new era. 

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

The fanbase needs hope, bitonti. A messiah. A savior. A fresh face that can promise to lead us out of the abyss, into a new era. 

contra case it's a con 

they are selling us rebuilding and an impossible savior because competence costs money 

but let's go along with what you say, let's say he is the Savior. Like sam was. and let's say Sam isn't hot garbage like I believe but an actual good prospect that the Jets ruined  

shouldn't they build the offense first rather than take the QB1? They wasted Sam's rookie contract would this be the same thing? 

once you take that dude the clock starts ticking on an extension 4 years later and it's going to be massive 

58 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Giants will win some games. They look much better than us. If we don't win a game against a team like maybe Miami, I don't know if we'll win a game all year.

Dolphins will destroy us

Now the patriots if they are starting Stidham or Hoyer — those are the potential accidental wins that keep me up at night 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

contra case it's a con 

they are selling us rebuilding and an impossible savior because competence costs money 

but let's go along with what you say, let's say he is the Savior. Like sam was. and let's say Sam isn't hot garbage like I believe but an actual good prospect that the Jets ruined  

shouldn't they build the offense first rather than take the QB1? They wasted Sam's rookie contract would this be the same thing? 

once you take that dude the clock starts ticking on an extension 4 years later and it's going to be massive 

If it's a con, we won't find out for another 3 years.

That's why you offer hope. With hope comes expectation, and discussions relating to whether those expectations will be fulfilled. The entire cycle of - is he good or not? - will play out over half a decade, which takes pressure off the owners. 

This is nothing but escapism, fandom is irrational by design. Groundhog day. The owners know this.