When will Joe Douglas face the media

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

One and a bit. Lest we forget Ryan Kalil. Another one of his gems. Also gave Ryan Griffin an abysmal contract. His incompetence has stretched longer than a year.

If he has another offseason like that next year then this franchise is cooked for a decade. 

Perriman over Robby is his coup de grace right now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I guess it was only a matter of time before some very impatient fans called JD a clown, lol. 

Here's the thing, no GM out there was going to make this team a contender overnight. You can thank Idzik and Mac for years of incompetency.

The problem is the talent on this team is worse than when he took over a year a half ago.  And that's coming from one of the least talented teams in the league already.

That is concerning.  Not the end of the world right now but certainly worrisome 

While I am aggravated, and haven't posted in a while, I listen to the same crowd who praise a guy, then throw him under the bus at the same time. JD was never fixing this team in one season, and yea it sucks his draft picks have gotten injured, but there are many teams out there with the same problem. Our problem is, that our roster wasn't equipped to handle that right now. I'm expecting that to change throughout JD's tenure. Give the guy a chance to implement his plan. I know it doesn't look good right now, but let's just be JET fans and always run people out of town first then ask questions later. I know there a lot smarter football people on this forum than me, but I want JD to stick around. We will never get anyone to coach or GM here if we keep up with this BS....

Now onto GASE... He must be shown the door. and if you all want to start sending messages, it should be to CJ to allow JD to have complete control of this team. Let him make the decisions, that will also tell us what kind of GM he is going to be. As of now he doesn't have that control.

• Sympathy 1

Some people love the on-camera theatrics and public displays of 'accountability'. Most people prefer to see someone go about his job quietly behind the scenes, actions always speak louder than words.

Douglas smartly worked a rip-off trade for Adams, and drafted with a plan in mind. It takes a while to be proven 'right', but he's doing his job very well. 

He doesn't have to answer for these results. That is for the coach, players and owners. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

JD is a scout in over his head or he was purposely tanking in 2020 for higher draft picks and tons of cap space. The former is more believable than the latter. You know the saying, luck is the residue of a good design, well, Joe Douglas isn't very lucky at building a competitive football team. In fact he put his stamp on this team before sending out what looks like the worst team in Jets history for a 16 game schedule. He owns this mess. No more excuses baldy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

JD is a scout in over his head or he was purposely was tanking in 2020 for higher draft picks and tons of cap space. The former is more believable than the latter. You know the saying, luck is the residue of a good design, well, Joe Douglas isn't very lucky at building a competitive football team. In fact he put his stamp on this team before sending it out what looks like the worst team in Jets history for a 16 game schedule. He owns this mess. No more excuses baldy. 

JD needs to "answer for Santino".

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

JD is a scout in over his head or he was purposely tanking in 2020 for higher draft picks and tons of cap space. The former is more believable than the latter. You know the saying, luck is the residue of a good design, well, Joe Douglas isn't very lucky at building a competitive football team. In fact he put his stamp on this team before sending out what looks like the worst team in Jets history for a 16 game schedule. He owns this mess. No more excuses baldy. 

This is correct!

There can only be one of two things that happened.

1) JD was fully cleaning house - wiping out everything Mac and starting over.  That includes giving up on Sam.  Wasn't a rebuild year but a tear-down.

or

2) He believed he updated the roster and built a team that would be competitive.

#1 can live with - if this is his strategy so be it.  Let's execute on the draft and begin the rebuild this off-season.

#2 is scary.  This would mean he's entirely inept and we're in for another 4 years of garbage.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I guess it was only a matter of time before some very impatient fans called JD a clown, lol. 

Here's the thing, no GM out there was going to make this team a contender overnight. You can thank Idzik and Mac for years of incompetency.

If you look at how Gruden has handled the Raiders, it appears to be working.  

Stack up picks, take 3 years BUT I don’t think they ever looked this bad. 

Im fine going winless if we fire Gase, bring in a real coach, have a great draft and spend the cap money.  

• Sympathy 1

If we go 0-16 he cannot be allowed to continue.
The excuses made for him on this place are shocking. What's worse it's the same guys who balk at the same excuses being made for Sam and Gase. Somehow the guy actually responsible for the talent level gets a pass?
He inherited a bad situation but it wasn't the '76 Bucs. He's significantly downgraded the talent level a year on and we look worse in every area. All the terrible Jets teams and this guy may just have overseen the worst. Disgraceful. 
Exactly what position group has the talent level been downgraded?

I'd argue that they have mostly been improved or remained the same and the one constant is the poor coaching.

And I hope your only position group isn't WR. robbie's part time play for full time play isn't better than what we have. If anything, Perriman/Mims is probably a push by year's end.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is correct!

There can only be one of two things that happened.

1) JD was fully cleaning house - wiping out everything Mac and starting over.  That includes giving up on Sam.  Wasn't a rebuild year but a tear-down.

or

2) He believed he updated the roster and built a team that would be competitive.

#1 can live with - if this is his strategy so be it.  Let's execute on the draft and begin the rebuild this off-season.

#2 is scary.  This would mean he's entirely inept and we're in for another 4 years of garbage.

I don't see how JD deserves 4, 3, 2, or 1 more year if we finish with the worst record and point differential in the NFL. The Jets are not even competitive. The stench of losing is so bad the Jets are going to need to knock it down and start over. Go back to the classic helmets too. Let's forget this ever happened. 

• Upvote 3

Im sorry, but Douglas getting a pass for this draft class is crazy. He knew he had to hit on at least a few starters...it just seems like the Jets didnt do their research on these guys. Mims comments regarding the city of Philadelphia and his reaction to being drafted were red flags. These things could have easily been identified during the interview process (something the Jets have failed miserably at). Even Becton had work ethic flags. The Jets werent in a position to take these risks.

• Upvote 4

It's time for him to address the media.  This team's performance is worse than 96 right now.  Apathy is setting in among the fanbase.  I usually see the Jets with rose-colored glasses (hope springs eternal, the draft is our super bowl), but this year's team, and the lack of leaders, and the lack of any emotion in the pressers, or even accountability, is making me feel like Sundays are a waste of time watching this team.  Parcells would have been chomping at the bit, calling out players, making them feel uncomfortable.  

This team is losing it's fanbase by the day.  For Douglas or the owners not to at least speak out as this garbage continues, is ridiculous.  It speaks volumes about a lack of leadership across the entire organization right now.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

that is not so at all parcells did it in a year

at the start of the season I posted we would go 1-4 at best but probably 0-5-guys were  talking playoffs and how our roster was set up to take over the AFC east with brady gone-the same folks said the bills were a fake team....

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't see how JD deserves 4, 3, 2, or 1 more year if we finish with the worst record and point differential in the NFL. The Jets are not even competitive. The stench of losing is so bad the Jets are going to need to knock it down and start over. Go back to the classic helmets too. Let's forget this ever happened. 

But the reality is he's not going anywhere.  

If his plan was to burn it down - then J&J were aware of that plan and signed off on it.   and of course they are committed to him for way too much money.

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

that is not so at all parcells did it in a year

at the start of the season I posted we would go 1-4 at best but probably 0-5-guys were  talking playoffs and how our roster was set up to take over the AFC east with brady gone-the same folks said the bills were a fake team....

Maybe so, but that roster that Parcells inherited was nowhere near as bad as this one is.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If his plan was to burn it down - then J&J were aware of that plan and signed off on it.   and of course they are committed to him for way too much money.

That sounds like a bunch of malarkey. No way JD said let's burn it down and watch Sam Darnold bust before our eyes, and Christopher Johnson approved that strategy. That would be a LIE to try and sell keeping Joe Douglas around for what I would call the biggest off-season (2021) in the history of the J&J ownership of the Jets.

#TAKEFLIGHT ?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That sounds like a bunch of malarkey. No way JD said let's burn it down and watch Sam Darnold bust before our eyes, and Christopher Johnson approved that strategy. That would be a LIE to try and sell keeping Joe Douglas around for what I would call the biggest off-season (2021) in the history of the J&J ownership of the Jets.

#TAKEFLIGHT ?

I can absolutely see Gase and JD sitting down with CJ and showing him film of Sam and explaining why they need to move on from him.  Not like CJ would know what they were talking about anyway and he would clearly believe whatever they said.

I just don't buy that JD has any faith in Sam.  I've said it a million times here - if you do believe you have a legitimate franchise QB you don't put this dumpster fire on the field.  In fact, you don't rebuild all.  You try and put talent around him, not remove the little you have.  You go all in to win every year.  He didn't do that - Sam is a sacrificial lamb to JD's burn-down.  At least I really hope that's the case because the alternative is way worse.

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Assuming there is/was a plan is probably the first mistake. The Jets have never really had a coherent strategy for their football operation. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I can absolutely see Gase and JD sitting down with CJ and showing him film of Sam and explaining why they need to move on from him.  Not like CJ would know what they were talking about anyway and he would clearly believe whatever they said.

I just don't buy that JD has any faith in Sam.  I've said it a million times here - if you do believe you have a legitimate franchise QB you don't put this dumpster fire on the field.  In fact, you don't rebuild all.  You try and put talent around him, not remove the little you have.  You go all in to win every year.  He didn't do that - Sam is a sacrificial lamb to JD's burn-down.  At least I really hope that's the case because the alternative is way worse.

Based on the offseason moves, and how they have handled this season, I would say that decision was already made heading into this past draft.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Based on the offseason moves, and how they have handled this season, I would say that decision was already made heading into this past draft.

Yes, that was what I was saying.  It's why certainly JD and likely Gase aren't going anywhere.

JD has clearly moved on from Darnold.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

One and a bit. Lest we forget Ryan Kalil. Another one of his gems. Also gave Ryan Griffin an abysmal contract. His incompetence has stretched longer than a year.

If he has another offseason like that next year then this franchise is cooked for a decade. 

Jesus...Another one.

Do you guys all live in the walls together and just come out at night?

There is ANOTHER one to the right of this with his thumbs down.

• Thumb Down 3

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm not buying the tank on purpose defense of Joe Douglas. He's a glorified scout in over his head. If we're forced to keep him then hire a President that he'll report to, and he no longer negotiates contracts with free agents. 

Lol, this team would have been 0-5 with any GM. I love how some people are blaming this on Douglas, but can't say I'm surprised. 

JD can't be properly evaluated until 2-3 years from now. If the Jets are still this terrible, then the criticism will be warranted.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He did it at the mid season mark last season. This was the press conference where he said he would do everything in his power to make sure we never started 1-7 again.

I guess he was aiming more for 0-8. 

Is that press conference the he promised Sammy's mommy and daddy that he'd do everything he could in his heart of hearts to protect their sweet little child? 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I think most fans would be cool with not the worst team to ever take an NFL football field but yeah, contenders....or something

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, that was what I was saying.  It's why certainly JD and likely Gase aren't going anywhere.

JD has clearly moved on from Darnold.

Joe Douglas clearly moved on from Robbie Anderson and Jamal Adams before he even began negotiating. One certainly doesn't have to be very competent to have the off-season Joe has had in 2020. Answer this question; So far who's the best player JD brought to the Jets who didn't fall (Mekhi Becton) in his lap? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas clearly moved on from Robbie Anderson and Jamal Adams before he even began negotiating. One certainly doesn't have to be very competent to have the off-season Joe has had in 2020. Answer this question; So far who's the best player JD brought to the Jets who didn't fall (Mekhi Becton) in his lap? 

Brandon Mann #7 the Punter.