When will Joe Douglas face the media

Lets face it fellow Jet fans, even our average players are truly Jags. Go back & look at what some of you posters were saying about Jordan Jenkins. A lot of you were questioning why we hadn't signed him as the offseason rolled on. Then everyone was shocked when it was a 1 year deal. 

Why? Because he's pretty smart & unfortunately this roster is so thin & so barren from 10 years of mistakes in the draft & free agency he's fishing in a free agent pond of crap! He was trying to just sure up things with guys like Kalil, Gore, and all these one year deals, we're not cap strapped by anyone under JD.  This is the NFL, you need to fill out a damn 53 man roster even during a rebuild. 

I'm sure Joe Douglas himself is shocked at how awful Herndon is playing, he's probably saying WTF now I also have to find a damn TE too! This team has been TERRIBLE at developing players. Shell is the Seahawks starting RT, Dozier is the Vikings starting guard. These guys seemed to be around forever here & never develop?

Our best draft pick left is Marcus Maye & the guy we passed over Dalvin Cook is WAY MORE DYNAMIC! I don't see Douglas as a shrinking violet, Philly is a tough town, as is Baltimore. I still believe in the guy, Becton is very good, I believe Mims will eventually be a good pick, Davis can develop, and we'll see more of the young guys as he season progresses. I'm glad Darnold wasn't a JD pick, if he's not sold on him it takes that failure away compared to if your the guy that drafted him, like Hackenberg & how we bi passed numerous chances at a QB because of that eventually costing us 3 second round picks for an already thin roster. It's gonna take 2 more years to have a competitive roster but at least we could see a new coach, some young offensive players & finally get out of this funk of offensive purgatory we've been in for 10 years outside of 5/6 games in 2015. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Our best draft pick left is Marcus Maye & the guy we passed over Dalvin Cook is WAY MORE DYNAMIC! I don't see Douglas as a shrinking violet, Philly is a tough town, as is Baltimore. I still believe in the guy, Becton is very good, I believe Mims will eventually be a good pick, Davis can develop, and we'll see more of the young guys as he season progresses. I'm glad Darnold wasn't a JD pick, if he's not sold on him it takes that failure away compared to if your the guy that drafted him, like Hackenberg & how we bi passed numerous chances at a QB because of that eventually costing us 3 second round picks for an already thin roster. It's gonna take 2 more years to have a competitive roster but at least we could see a new coach, some young offensive players & finally get out of this funk of offensive purgatory we've been in for 10 years outside of 5/6 games in 2015. 

Agree with all this.  I lean to the positive with Darnold.  The fact that Flacco--a very competent qb with solid credentials--didn't change anything lends some support.

Those arguing to ditch Darnold need to understand that taking a qb with the #1 pick slows roster development in other areas.  Trading the pick lets us add 2-3 additional high picks filling in allllllllllll those other positions of need.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

this is another key point

the same posters who hate Jamal, believe the team got a haul for him, don't miss him etc

are also the same jackboot authority types who would never approve of a player shooting his way out of town via social media

put it another way all JD proved was if you're good enough, and complain enough, he will trade you someplace nicer for picks 

that's not really a great precedent to set with your all pros 

you wouldn't run a 3rd grade classroom that way and it's no way to run a business 

what happens if Becton makes all pro and starts bashing the team year 3 because they don't pay him an extension? the dude is already kneeling through the anthem by the way 

this is the cycle we love these guys irrationally when they are on these terrible (for them) rookie deals (that they had no choice but to sign) 

the second they want market value we turn on these guys 

Sorry Bit, not many Super Bowls have been won by safeties.

He NEVER should have been drafted in the first place.