DE
Toledo
OT
Florida
DB
Michigan State
DB
California

I even have a Glenn Foley jersey buried in the closet . This team was dreadful . This team had no chemistry .The current team has some possibilities . 

Wow. I don’t know that more than 3-4 players from our current team would start on that 1996 team. Joe Douglas, man....

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wow. I don’t know that more than 3-4 players from our current team would start on that 1996 team. Joe Douglas, man....

Yeah, he's totally responsible for Darnold, Quinnen Williams, Chris Herndon, Nathan Shepherd, Henry Anderson, Le'Veon Bell, Marcus Maye, Trevon Wesco, Neville Hewitt and Jordan Jenkins.  Plus guys we're still paying, like Trumaine Johnson, Quincy Enunwa, and Jachai Polite.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

1996 New York Jets Roster

C
Tulsa
RB
Penn State
WR
Nevada-Las Vegas
TE
Auburn
LB
Oklahoma
OG
New Haven
TE
Penn State
DT
Oregon
DB
Miami (OH)
LB
Wisconsin
DE
UCLA
WR
Hofstra
LB
Texas Christian
RB
Tennessee
DB
Texas Tech
RB
Rhode Island
TE
Virginia
DE
Central State
OG
Penn State
OT
Michigan
DB
Stanford
DT
Southern
QB
Boston College
OG
Tennessee
DB
Texas A&M
WR
Ohio State
DB
Akron
DB
UCLA
DT
Pittsburgh
DE
Southern Mississippi
LB
Central Florida
P
Sioux Falls
OT
Mississippi State
LB
North Carolina State
DT
Washington State
C
Auburn
WR
Southern California
DB
Texas A&M
LB
Florida State
DT
Citadel
LB
Georgia
K
Dartmouth
OT
Washington
RB
Idaho
DB
Texas A&M
RB
Pittsburg State
RB
West Virginia
QB
Maryland
OG
Northwestern
OT
Temple
QB
Maryland
WR
Florida State
K
Pittsburgh
WR
San Diego State
DB
Missouri
DT
Pittsburgh
WR
Nevada
DE
Idaho
DE
Toledo
OT
Florida
DB
Michigan State
DB
California

I even have a Glenn Foley jersey buried in the closet . This team was dreadful . This team had no chemistry .The current team has some possibilities . 

sh*t man I’d love that roster now.

Kyle Clifton, one of my fav players. Even that teams scrubs are better than what we have.

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2020 at 7:23 AM, maury77 said:

1996 was the last time I felt this hopeless about the team. The only thing that had me going that was season was Keywhawn, who was the number 1 overall pick. 

1996 wasn't hopeless because we had a lot of young talent and the Parcells rumors.

We have some talent on this team but it's mostly hurt, in 96 it was more about coaching than health as there was a ton of talent on that team but they couldn't win.  They led in a bunch of games only to blow a million leads.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:30 AM, Philc1 said:

Arguably?  It is worse

Besides Keyshawn and Wayne on offense our defense was pretty bloody talented in 1996.  Hugh Douglas, Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, Aaron Glenn, Victor Green

Exactly. Just how talented was shown by the quick turnaround the team made the next year under Parcells. They were arguably one Richie Anderson pass away from the playoffs. At that time it was one of the quickest record turnarounds in the history of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

1996 wasn't hopeless because we had a lot of young talent and the Parcells rumors.

We have some talent on this team but it's mostly hurt, in 96 it was more about coaching than health as there was a ton of talent on that team but they couldn't win.  They led in a bunch of games only to blow a million leads.

I think this is worse than 1996. In 1996, I didn’t think we were squandering a possible franchise QB. More than I can ever recall, this season has left me feeling defeated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/13/2020 at 12:08 PM, maury77 said:

I think this is worse than 1996. In 1996, I didn’t think we were squandering a possible franchise QB. More than I can ever recall, this season has left me feeling defeated.

This is definitely worse.  I see cimini interviewed westhoff the other day and he asked him about sean Payton.  He said he's happy in NO but he thought he'd be open to taking on a new challenge.  I wonder if we put together a package (including the 1 from Seattle this year) could we get him?  Brees is on his way out and he may want a fresh start.  We need an established winner.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

This is definitely worse.  I see cimini interviewed westhoff the other day and he asked him about sean Payton.  He said he's happy in NO but he thought he'd be open to taking on a new challenge.  I wonder if we put together a package (including the 1 from Seattle this year) could we get him?  Brees is on his way out and he may want a fresh start.  We need an established winner.

If Payton was on the table, as a season ticket holder, I'd be willing to pony up an additional 1k for my PSL (and I don't think I'd be the only one).

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2020 at 11:45 AM, Ian Fleming said:

Exactly. Just how talented was shown by the quick turnaround the team made the next year under Parcells. They were arguably one Richie Anderson pass away from the playoffs. At that time it was one of the quickest record turnarounds in the history of the NFL.

Leon Johnson....

• Sympathy 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:45 AM, Ian Fleming said:

The ‘96 team was not that bad.  They had a really tough schedule and Dick Kotite as the coach

On 10/12/2020 at 7:23 AM, maury77 said:

1996 was the last time I felt this hopeless about the team. The only thing that had me going that was season was Keywhawn, who was the number 1 overall pick. 

2005 and 2014 was pretty damn terrible as well.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:08 PM, maury77 said:

That and Keyshawn, Jeff Graham, Hugh Douglas, Wayne Chrebet were great players. O'Donnell just stayed injured via horrible offensive line.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Trade Sam Darnold for Sean Payton.