Seriously, Has This EVER Happened Before??

JetBlue

It's wild but are guys like Zuniga and more especially Clark and Hall all actually on IR or is it like a loophole thingy to not put them on the practice squad?

But let's not count out Ashtyn Davis.  He played 22 snaps on Sunday!!!!!!!

On a side note, a healthy L'aMical Perine did not take a single snap on offense.

• Upvote 1

Exactly.

It almost feels like we let a lot of malcontents, underperformers, and expensive old guys go and didn't replace them with anyone, right?

Because that's exactly what's happened.  Injuries and the missing draft class are brutal and can't be overcome by savvy coaching.  And yet fans on JN ignore that, act like we should just be playing good ball, and want to fire the poor bastard brought here to help turn things around.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's wild but are guys like Zuniga and more especially Clark and Hall all actually on IR or is it like a loophole thingy to not put them on the practice squad?

On a side note, a healthy L'aMical Perine did not take a single snap on offense.

Frank Gore needs to eat.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Once they are off short term IR they have 21 days to return to the roster. Bell was activated immediately. The rest were not. The only rookie who was designated to return was Zuniga- I'm not even sure he's still on the team.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I have been racking my brain to come up with another example where a teams entire draft class gets injured and misses much of the season and I can not find another parallel to what has happened to this rookie class.   We are talking about 6 or 7 players, several of whom were injured in camp and have yet to even suit up for an NFL game, much less play a single down.   I am as down on Gase and Darnold as anyone else but there is no way you can tell me this team would look as bad if we had our rookie class healthy and playing.   It is incredibly depressing to see other teams rookies excelling and we have our entire group sidelined.    If I were a superstitious person I would swear there are some voodoo dolls of those guys out there somewhere.   

Gase is why they are all hurt. He has them watching film during practices instead of getting in shape.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If not for the injury bug we'd be winning games and Gase wouldn't be in trouble to begin with.

SAR I

Eh, I've seen enough of the play calling over the 5 games to say I have zero faith in this guys system. Situational play calling, personnel choices, are definitely things that can be critiqued. He's bad & I can see why guys wanted him out in Miami. Did you see the Miami vs 49ers score yesterday? This guy has something wrong with him, I didn't want to make fun during the googly eyes sessions here but he is in no way shape or form going to be the New York Jets savior!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetster said:

Eh, I've seen enough of the play calling over the 5 games to say I have zero faith in this guys system. Situational play calling, personnel choices, are definitely things that can be critiqued. He's bad & I can see why guys wanted him out in Miami. Did you see the Miami vs 49ers score yesterday? This guy has something wrong with him, I didn't want to make fun during the googly eyes sessions here but he is in no way shape or form going to be the New York Jets savior!

The playcalling the last two weeks was good.  We had a lead in the fourth quarter against the Broncos, remember?  Yesterday he tried a few gadget plays even.  

The players aren't making plays.  Because they shouldn't be in the league.  Yes, I saw the Miami win yesterday.  So Kyle Shanahan went from NFL genius to blithering idiot in the course of one offseason?  Of course not.  His team is weaker.  Gase is stuck in an even worse situation, so judging him the way he's being judged is foolish.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The playcalling the last two weeks was good.  We had a lead in the fourth quarter against the Broncos, remember?  Yesterday he tried a few gadget plays even.  

The players aren't making plays.  Because they shouldn't be in the league.  Yes, I saw the Miami win yesterday.  So Kyle Shanahan went from NFL genius to blithering idiot in the course of one offseason?  Of course not.  His team is weaker.  Gase is stuck in an even worse situation, so judging him the way he's being judged is foolish.

SAR I

right.  people seem to want to know why bell only got one pass when the simple fact is flacco was throwing to his wide receivers.  how could anyone know that herndon would continue to drop passes or smith would miss 8 of 11.  maybe it can be argued that bell should be used more and that's something that gase has control over but that means scheming for him.  people should be happy the gase pass plays were going to receivers instead the outlet pass to the rb.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It would be nice to at least have a full compliment of WRs in Mims, Crowder, Perriman, V.Smith and the complete Oline just once this season. I can't believe how bad Herndon looks, so disappointed in him. 

If we get to see a few games with the guys who were expecting to start this year & Gase gets them rolling than I'll have to give him credit. I know you can 2nd guess any call, I couldn't believe Mike Zimmer didn't kick the FG to go up 8 points? When he went for it I was like, no, no, that's completely against this guys conservative ways. Even if they miraculously get a TD & 2 points your still tied & obviously there was no crowd factor. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I have been racking my brain to come up with another example where a teams entire draft class gets injured and misses much of the season and I can not find another parallel to what has happened to this rookie class.   We are talking about 6 or 7 players, several of whom were injured in camp and have yet to even suit up for an NFL game, much less play a single down.   I am as down on Gase and Darnold as anyone else but there is no way you can tell me this team would look as bad if we had our rookie class healthy and playing.   It is incredibly depressing to see other teams rookies excelling and we have our entire group sidelined.    If I were a superstitious person I would swear there are some voodoo dolls of those guys out there somewhere.   

Well Ricky Williams missed a few games due to injury his rookie year.  So that was the Saints' entire draft class out.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If not for the injury bug we'd be winning games and Gase wouldn't be in trouble to begin with.

SAR I

I think we beat Denver if we are fully healthy.

Thats about it. 

We would be in the same way predicament with just worse odds of drafting Lawrence.

5 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

I think we beat Denver if we are fully healthy.

Thats about it. 

We would be in the same way predicament with just worse odds of drafting Lawrence.

If we play that game, would you think a fully healthy Denver would beat a fully healthy Jets? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

It almost feels like we let a lot of malcontents, underperformers, and expensive old guys go and didn't replace them with anyone, right?

Because that's exactly what's happened.  Injuries and the missing draft class are brutal and can't be overcome by savvy coaching.  And yet fans on JN ignore that, act like we should just be playing good ball, and want to fire the poor bastard brought here to help turn things around.

SAR I

ummm, Savvy Coaching???

Please give one example that Gase and his staff showed us from the 2020 season. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

We are the Jets we do things no other franchise does. This crap should be expected at this stage. How many negative firsts has this franchise piled up because it seems like every year we have some insane negative first no other team has accomplished in the history of the NFL. I would bet if there was a category for this we would be at the top leading the second place team by a large amount

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

If we play that game, would you think a fully healthy Denver would beat a fully healthy Jets? 

I think a fully healthy Jets beats the Denver team we faced last week.

Fully healthy Denver is another 20 point loss under Gase’s loss record.

• Upvote 1

As a wise man once said, I may not be superstitious...but I am a little stitious.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

SAR I

I defended Gase last season.   I thought he might improve with Darnold together this season.

The Jets are not even competitive.  That is lousy coaching.

Period.   End of discussion.  Seriously, there is no case to excuse him of this anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The Idzik 12? They weren't injured though,  they all just sucked.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1